Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Tatsuta Age posted:

I'm going to kill myself

nevermind I just realized Adam Duvall is unsigned, gotta imagine AA has already checked on him. season saved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's too bad the Cubs signed a million mediocre corner infielders instead of a million mediocre corner outfielders.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Tatsuta Age posted:

nevermind I just realized Adam Duvall is unsigned, gotta imagine AA has already checked on him. season saved!

Forrest Wall is crushing the ball so far, I’m sure that can continue

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Chapman was offered 6/120 before last season so that sucks for him!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

requesting a wellness check on the city of San Francisco

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1763714946339377291

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Oh no I guess Owen Caissie will have to play left field.

He's slashing .636/.714/1.091 in spring so far :eyepop:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

requesting a wellness check on the city of San Francisco

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1763714946339377291

Nah that's just their normal speed, the hatred is pathological. One time I was at Oracle for a Cubs/Giants game and while the organist was playing one of the rally melodies the whole stadium spontaneously broke out into a "Dodgers Suck!" chant. Funnily enough this was the same day I stopped by 21st Amendment before the game and noticed they had an on-site exclusive pour called "Dodger Tears" that was an IPA with pink Himalayan salt (it was good and my choosing to order it resulted in the bartender telling me that for an out of towner I was one of the good ones. I chose not to correct him that by that point I'd been living in the Bay Area for like a decade.)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I've lived in Chicago, Boston, and Los Angeles, and Giants/Dodgers was SO much more mean-spirited than Cubs/Cards and Yankees/Red Sox. They loving HATE each other.

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 2, 2024

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I wore a cubs hat to a dodger game and the security guard gave me a little guff about it, but qualified it with "oh this is nothing like we do to Giants fans"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Only saw 1.1 innings of I manage but he looked good outside of that meatball

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

An usher at Coors Field said I looked like Ron Santo. I had a Santo jersey on too.

Nicest compliment I've had.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Chapman was offered 6/120 before last season so that sucks for him!
Juan Soto is probably going to regret rejecting that $400+ mil extension from I think the Nats?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Mustached Demon posted:

An usher at Coors Field said I looked like Ron Santo. I had a Santo jersey on too.

Nicest compliment I've had.

He probably meant current Ron Santo

e: I'm sorry, that was unnecessarily mean. He probably meant 71 year old Ron Santo.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

FlamingLiberal posted:

Juan Soto is probably going to regret rejecting that $400+ mil extension from I think the Nats?

The dodgers will pay him next year but he won't get the money til 2075

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FlamingLiberal posted:

Soto is in just a little bit of a different caliber of class compared to Bellinger and Chapman.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

more falafel please posted:

I wore a cubs hat to a dodger game and the security guard gave me a little guff about it, but qualified it with "oh this is nothing like we do to Giants fans"

Yeah they beat Giants fans to death in the parking lot

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

He probably meant current Ron Santo

e: I'm sorry, that was unnecessarily mean. He probably meant 71 year old Ron Santo.

I won't stand for this kind of rudeness.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't think so. He's going to have an incredible walk year.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Mustached Demon posted:

I won't stand for this kind of rudeness.

Do you need help sitting down?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Explosionface posted:

Do you need help sitting down?

And be careful standing up. Don’t want to let the toupee get too close to the heater.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

FlamingLiberal posted:

Barring some bizarre event, like two alligators biting off his arms, I think 26 year old Juan Soto is a safe bet to get Ohtani-level money.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya unless Soto explodes a leg or hip or something he's gonna get Trout/Ohtani money

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
In "BSOHL" alert, M's prospect Emerson Hancock is sitting mid 90's and touching 97 on his sinker this spring.

He made 3 starts last year for the big league team and then was shut down with a shoulder injury. In those starts he was more like 91-92.

If he can get back to what he was in college he's a #3 and bolsters probably the best rotation in the AL. Needs to keep that velocity up deeper in games and over multiple starts but it's a first step.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Ya unless Soto explodes a leg or hip or something he's gonna get Trout/Ohtani money

There's a $300 million difference between Trout and Ohtani money.

Seems doubtful Soto gets $700 million but $500 million is probably a realistic goal.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Soto's gonna hit free agency at age 26 on a no-doubt HOF career trajectory. Like you're talking about signing a guy with a career 154 wRC+ who's going to give you four seasons before he even turns 30. Dude's gonna get paid.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

live with fruit posted:

There's a $300 million difference between Trout and Ohtani money.

Seems doubtful Soto gets $700 million but $500 million is probably a realistic goal.

The Ohtani deal is under 500 million in actual today dollars not bullshit future dollars.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Soto probably won't get Ohtani's deal because I don't think he's willing to play with the amounts of deferrals in ohtani's contract

I'd bet he gets something in the 500-600 range with maybe 10-20% deferred money

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Sydin posted:

Nah that's just their normal speed, the hatred is pathological. One time I was at Oracle for a Cubs/Giants game and while the organist was playing one of the rally melodies the whole stadium spontaneously broke out into a "Dodgers Suck!" chant. Funnily enough this was the same day I stopped by 21st Amendment before the game and noticed they had an on-site exclusive pour called "Dodger Tears" that was an IPA with pink Himalayan salt (it was good and my choosing to order it resulted in the bartender telling me that for an out of towner I was one of the good ones. I chose not to correct him that by that point I'd been living in the Bay Area for like a decade.)

Madmen "I don't think about you at all" meme but it's Giants/Dodgers.

The SF hate doesn't really exist outside the stadium in LA, well outside the parking lot really. I don't even think we hate the Celtics anymore either.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Soto probably won't get Ohtani's deal because I don't think he's willing to play with the amounts of deferrals in ohtani's contract

I'd bet he gets something in the 500-600 range with maybe 10-20% deferred money

Soto is also a good, not great, corner outfielder, while Ohtani is an absolute beast both defensively and offensively.

He's not getting Ohtani money, but it'll certainly surpass the Trout megadeal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my ticket for Opening Day at Petco. Let's go Padres.

I also support the Giants in their hatred of the Dodgers.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I also support the Giants in their hatred of the Dodgers.

We all hate the Dodgers this year

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Gorman Thomas posted:

Madmen "I don't think about you at all" meme but it's Giants/Dodgers.

The SF hate doesn't really exist outside the stadium in LA, well outside the parking lot really. I don't even think we hate the Celtics anymore either.

Yeah I lived for about 10 years in SoCal and then another 13 in the Bay Area and this is definitely the feel. LA people don't give a poo poo about SF, maybe you'll get a snide comment here or there when it comes to sports but that's about it. Meanwhile in the Bay Area you'd think they'd had a bloody war or something, just nonstop purestrain vitriol about all things SoCal. Except Disney Land of course which is apparently exempt from geographic hatred.

My old roommate got his car window busted in San Jose one time and the only thing the rear end in a top hat took was the Dodgers hat he'd left on the dash.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Giants spent 50 years in California without a championship and it did such deep psychic damage that by the time EYBS rolled around it only got worse.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Seattle Mariners

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Timby posted:

Soto is also a good, not great, corner outfielder, while Ohtani is an absolute beast both defensively and offensively.

He's not getting Ohtani money, but it'll certainly surpass the Trout megadeal.

We literally have no clue of Ohtani is a good outfielder. He has played like 10 innings in the outfield in MLB.

Also as I stated before, Ohtani money is just barely more than Trout money if you count it in today dollars.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Ohtani is an elite bat and very good pitcher while also generating a ton of revenue on his own. The term's overused these days but he really is a unicorn and Soto is not on his level.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

We literally have no clue of Ohtani is a good outfielder. He has played like 10 innings in the outfield in MLB.

I was referring to Ohtani being both an elite hitter and an out-of-this-world pitcher (when his arm isn't exploding).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wayne Knight posted:

Seattle Mariners

Counterpoint: The Orioles

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

This is an extremely funny post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pitching and defence are different things!

Pitching is pitching

Defence is defence aka fielding!