Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

E2M2 posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1764398254324682961

can't wait for Biden aids to roll this back

lmao

"There must be an immediate ceasefire..." *audience cheers* "for the next six weeks"

If only the audience went dead silent after that second bit, but it was probably picked pretty carefully

Also lmao that it's pretty clearly like 6 people cheering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

would love to see this

https://twitter.com/The_NewArab/status/1764239329855951148

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

haruspicy posted:

still confused how there’d be 41k mts of ferts on a 32k dwt ship - that’d sink her right there!

it was only 22k tons

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-qassam captured two Israeli skylark drones in a recent operation.

https://twitter.com/almayadeennews/status/1764324567722434860?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

TeenageArchipelago posted:

lmao

"There must be an immediate ceasefire..." *audience cheers* "for the next six weeks"

If only the audience went dead silent after that second bit, but it was probably picked pretty carefully

Also lmao that it's pretty clearly like 6 people cheering

might be the camera angle but there weren't many people there:

https://twitter.com/SergGonzales/status/1764397757349953760

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/warmonitors/status/1764422602297106867?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

E2M2 posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1764398254324682961

can't wait for Biden aids to roll this back

wow, I just wish her and Joe Biden had the power to do something about this. well, maybe they can vote, or join a demonstration!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
one day we will all be free to vote for the incumbent

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
we have negotiated a cease-fire, but the people we're promising to murder a month later still haven't agreed.

I love diplomacy.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1764397394358161518?s=20

the treats will get more expensive

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I was buying a lunch box for work and they were hard to find in shops. One big brand store I went to said they used to have loads but deliveries have been sporadic lately. Apparently the Red Sea blockade is causing major delays to a lot of products.

I guess this is what it feels like living under sanctions. Thank you Ansar-Allah, keep the sanctions up until the West is forced to fold and stop supporting a genocide.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Marenghi posted:

I guess this is what it feels like living under sanctions. Thank you Ansar-Allah, keep the sanctions up until the West is forced to fold and stop supporting a genocide.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Hear me out: Why would the Palestinians give up the hostages forever in exchange for a ceasefire of only sixty days? Has anyone thought of that yet?

Sensibly, Israel should send volunteers to be held in Gaza at the end of those 60 days to make sure the ceasefire holds.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Hear me out: Why would the Palestinians give up the hostages forever in exchange for a ceasefire of only sixty days? Has anyone thought of that yet?

also what assurances do they have if they give up the hostages

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The admin is just trying to blame Hamas for the genocide that they're backing continuing, anyone who has given what Israel has said even basic thought comes to that conclusion

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al! posted:

also what assurances do they have if they give up the hostages

Oh. Israel started bombing them immediately after the two week ceasefire? That’s strange…

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I call for an immediate ceasefire* between Israel and Hamas

*contingent upon all Palestinians building a house for an Israeli and then committing hara-kiri

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Marenghi posted:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Incredible that Biden is willing to have a genocide and a return to inflation around his neck going into the election. All to protect a genocidal fascist state.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Marenghi posted:

Thank you Ansar-Allah, keep the sanctions up until the West is forced to fold and stop supporting a genocide.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Oh poo poo, is it on?

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Marenghi posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BrotherJayne posted:

Oh poo poo, is it on?

no, but it does mean that the IDF can't control itself.

e: Hezbollah posted video of another Burkan attack on Jal al-Alam military base. I'm not posting it here because it's nothing we haven't seen before, but it's worth emphasizing that the Burkan is a massive short-ranged rocket that can only be used within Israeli line of sight.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 00:59 on Mar 4, 2024

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

no, but it does mean that the IDF can't control itself.

e: Hezbollah posted video of another Burkan attack on Jal al-Alam military base. I'm not posting it here because it's nothing we haven't seen before, but it's worth emphasizing that the Burkan is a massive short-ranged rocket that can only be used within Israeli line of sight.

there's been another attempt it sounds like

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1764425089997488630

quote:

⚡️⭕️#Lebanon: The Islamic Resistance foils an infiltration attempt by the #Israel-i Golani forces :

An #Israeli force from the Golani Brigade was targeted during an attempt to infiltrate into Lebanese territory from the direction of Khirbet Zarit, opposite the town of Ramia.

The targeting was carried out with a large explosive device on the infiltrating Zionist force, then it was followed by targeting with a number of artillery shells, and direct hits were achieved.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Sensibly, Israel should send volunteers to be held in Gaza at the end of those 60 days to make sure the ceasefire holds.

Because israel is going to kill the hostages anyways

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They still think they can get away with spec ops Entebbe poo poo like they didn't paradrop elite operators into the middle of a firefight in October.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Marenghi posted:

I was buying a lunch box for work and they were hard to find in shops. One big brand store I went to said they used to have loads but deliveries have been sporadic lately. Apparently the Red Sea blockade is causing major delays to a lot of products.

So this is mainly going to affect take away restaurants. Mr Al-Houthi, you've gone too far this time.

hmhb fan has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Mar 4, 2024

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The blockade continues until the genocide ends

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

The calm hitlers've been awful quiet lately about the Houthis being a bunch of indiscriminate pirates.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Raccooon posted:

Incredible that Biden is willing to have a genocide and a return to inflation around his neck going into the election. All to protect a genocidal fascist state.

Should we stop doing crimes against humanity so we can have treats? No, we're going to start WWIII instead.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

difficult to imagine trump being more pro-israeli and pro-genocide had he been in office since October 7th.

what isn't difficult to imagine is that trump doing the exact same things biden is doing would draw much, much more opposition domestically and internationally

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

E2M2 posted:

can't wait for Biden aids

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Raccooon posted:

He's the president he's supposed to protect america

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Quantum Cat posted:

The calm hitlers've been awful quiet lately about the Houthis being a bunch of indiscriminate pirates.

mods won't let them talk about it anymore

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Quantum Cat posted:

sorry which are the calm hitlers and which are the loud hitlers

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

bedpan posted:

difficult to imagine trump being more pro-israeli and pro-genocide had he been in office since October 7th.

what isn't difficult to imagine is that trump doing the exact same things biden is doing would draw much, much more opposition domestically and internationally

Yup.

Much like how Covid "ended" for libs once we elected Biden and we could all go back to breathing each other's delicious sneezes, even if he didn't make a single change about what we're doing in Gaza having Trump as the mascot of this dire loving business would at least force the libs to oppose it because now genocide can be a partisan issue.

Pointing this out to an ostensibly "leftist" acquaintance got them going full lesser evil bluewho and doing genocide denialism. "It's bad, and it's ugly and terrible and inexcusable, but it's not like they're taking them to camps!"

E: On a more positive note, my daughter requested nothing for her birthday this month but that people donate to Animal Friends Shelter, and maybe some colored pencils. :unsmith:

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 02:25 on Mar 4, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

It'll be interesting what happens when Trump wins and all of these things are suddenly bad again.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/davidsheen/status/1764203785772040463

https://twitter.com/davidsheen/status/1764242737388200439

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/Kahlissee/status/1764436362554421329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh no how are we going to know who hamas is now