Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
he rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Misusing manga like that, vince-donno, smh

KirbyKhan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YewCzbBsmQ&t=1s

I watched this episode and liked more of the riffs than didn't.

this was great btw thanks!
as for black cumtown, there's that guy who went on cumtown and his friends with all, he has a show right?

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 14:42 on Mar 1, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

god himself picked a side in that argument a few years later

the grave matthews band

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
new contrapoints (former chapo trap house guest) has dropped

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

excellent thread title

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Lemonparty and Hate Watch have been surprisingly therapeutic for me, watching bros support one another, overcome past trauma, and combat alcoholism. Speaking as someone lacking bros irl

The Hate Watch where the dude shows up trashed after trying to cut back in previous eps was rough.

Though that Renner video was something else. Music for fans of Purity Balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2EM-ynGMmo&t=2445s

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mia Mulder dropped a 100 minute video where she rambles about democracy for a while and then at the end announces she does more good as a Youtuber than as a local elected official so she will not see re-election.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Durf posted:

Lemonparty and Hate Watch have been surprisingly therapeutic for me, watching bros support one another, overcome past trauma, and combat alcoholism.

I've been meaning to update my lemonparty op with a hate watch section, and I'm definitely using that in the description. Just more evidence of dudes rocking.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
catching up on TAFS and lol nick spent $500k making TAFS??? drat what the heck

also since when did nick get a girlfriend?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Xaris posted:

catching up on TAFS and lol nick spent $500k making TAFS??? drat what the heck

also since when did nick get a girlfriend?

That episode was loving grim.

They both hate podcasting, Adam is not a driving comedic or artistic force, and Nick's moods are cyclical, which obviously gets in the way of steady output. Meanwhile, a fat Greek that will remain nameless can tour around the clock and churn out crowd work Shorts because he treats it like a job that you need to punch the clock at. It's not art, but it's wildly successful, and he's fat and happy, because he really just wanted success or his dad to love him, or whatever.

I also think Nick has a lifelong pattern of self-sabotage, but that's really not something that should impede just booking someone for their talk show every week.

e: though I still don't know if making Adam the host was worth it. I get the joke, but goddamn.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Mar 4, 2024

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
well said

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i hope he suffers because hes made a lot of money. amen.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The fact that he apparently has become a sneaker head is so loving on brand for him lmao.

All comedians turn into Tom Segura if they get enough money.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i listened to stav's pod with conner o'malley recently and thought it was really loving funny. can't vouch for any other eps but he has great chemistry with conner

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hooplah posted:

i listened to stav's pod with conner o'malley recently and thought it was really loving funny. can't vouch for any other eps but he has great chemistry with conner

i catch an episode here and there, sometimes they're funny with the right host. most of the time it's a bunch of sucking off some annoying NYC standup comedian nobodies for 55 minutes and like 5 minutes of calls. also maybe this is just how the nyc standup comedy scene is but almost every women standup comedian he has on seems like their whole shtick is how much they love to have lots and lots of random sex and cheat, and that's their whole personality?

stavvy solves your problems was 50000% better

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i think i have not watched a single full episode of TAFS

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
xaris hates the fat man. its racism

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

don’t hate him because he’s fat, hate him because he’s Greek

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

i catch an episode here and there, sometimes they're funny with the right host. most of the time it's a bunch of sucking off some annoying NYC standup comedian nobodies for 55 minutes and like 5 minutes of calls. also maybe this is just how the nyc standup comedy scene is but almost every women standup comedian he has on seems like their whole shtick is how much they love to have lots and lots of random sex and cheat, and that's their whole personality?
that's what people like to see in comedy

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

crepeface posted:

i think i have not watched a single full episode of TAFS

the last one I saw was Nick as Dracula and Shane(?) as Frankenstein

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

the milk machine posted:

like, the full thing? i've seen lots of clips that are funny.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i listened to the finkelstein episode

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ive only seen a couple. the ndt one was funny

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Xaris posted:

Yeah I only watched the one because conners yt videos are funny and I wanted to see how he was as a normal person. Like the rest of stavs eps are a bunch of comedians I’ve never heard of and don’t care to hear from

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the milk machine posted:

that was the first guest ep from like eighteen months ago

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Maya Fey posted:

ive only seen a couple. the ndt one was funny

this one was the most surprisingly good. most of the guest eps are good except the recent ones. DD is right, glory to the fat greek

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

i say swears online posted:

that was the first guest ep from like eighteen months ago

that sounds right to me op *the cumtown riff*

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
latest kill james bond is about a woke transgender bond in the 60s and it's pretty good. i go in and out of the show but i'm glad i hopped on this one

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh, maybe i watched all the of the brace beldon TAFS ep

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

latest kill james bond is about a woke transgender bond in the 60s and it's pretty good. i go in and out of the show but i'm glad i hopped on this one

Modesty Blaise is fascinating. Almost surprised they hadn't covered it already, will have to listen to this one - also have not regularly listened since the wrapped up the actual James Bond bits

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The fact that he apparently has become a sneaker head is so loving on brand for him lmao.

All comedians turn into Tom Segura if they get enough money.

sneakers are the shittiest item of clothing to get obsessed with and blow thousands of dollars on

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

also maybe this is just how the nyc standup comedy scene is but almost every women standup comedian he has on seems like their whole shtick is how much they love to have lots and lots of random sex and cheat, and that's their whole personality?

people that move to NYC to do standup have severe mental illness op

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

people that move to NYC to do standup have severe mental illness op

theyre actually normal

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

theyre actually normal

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

marlboro reds... respect

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

the stages of bipolar disorder

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

sneakers are the shittiest item of clothing to get obsessed with and blow thousands of dollars on

it is funko-tier mental illness

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
they're like art!!! that you can wear on your feet!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

they're like art!!! that you can wear on your feet!!

wear them, are you insane?? that's scuffed bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
tbf Stav is collecting the one clothing item he both wears out the fastest and is least likely to go up a size in