Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

oh jay posted:

I once got accidentally invited to a girl's sweet 16 because I happened to be there when the limo pulled up. She didn't even like me.

A limo?
Wtf I missed out apparently. I got a beat to poo poo suburban as my first car and that's sorta like a limo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Grey Cat posted:

A limo?
Wtf I missed out apparently. I got a beat to poo poo suburban as my first car and that's sorta like a limo.

Limo was probably rented for the night. At least, that's what I understand from TV.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I'm just making light I never had a limo rented for a birthday or the one dance i awkwardly went to alone and ate cookies at the table until i left lol.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Grey Cat posted:

A limo?

We were all kind of "middle class" whatever that meant back then, but she was a little more boujie, and an only child.

But that was the only over-the-top thing of the day. I think we did a little bit of minigolf, dinner at Jack in the Box, and a bonfire at the beach in the evening.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

My 16th birthday was spent at my great grandfathers’ funeral, so the only way to go from there was up

Someone died at mine. I did CPR on him while all the adults panicked and cried.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Rain Brain posted:

I have a solution for this! I used to drive myself crazy playing the "Oh god I forgot to ...." game when I left the house (often resulting in my going in and out several times) until I realized that if I said something like "I AM MAKING A MEMORY", or a really ridiculous phrase like "RHINOS ARE FLAMBOYANTLY ORANGE" to myself as I turned off/checked the stove or front door lock or whatever, the fact I'd checked would become a distinct memory I could refer back to, as opposed to something so commonplace that I couldn't tell whether my recollection of checking really happened that day or not.

*shielding my red-rimmed eyes as I walk into the neon-filled monstrosity that is Rain Brain's memory palace*

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
AITA for telling our friend she isn’t better just because she didn’t get an epidural?

quote:

My 28f friend Sarah 27f recently gave birth to her first child one month. She is the youngest in our friend group and is also the last one to have a child. We were all of course very excited to meet both her child but to support her during postpartum and her journey in motherhood.

So we finally got to see her this Friday and everything was going very well, we all enjoyed meeting the group as a whole and motherhood seemed to be finding her well. But then another friend of ours asked her about her birth experience. Sarah told us about it and mentioned that she did not have an epidural. I was a little annoyed as some moms seem to think going through unnecessary much pain is something to brag about, I did not think that Sarah was like this. So I said as a joke “Cool, did they give you a medal or should we do that?”. She asked me what that comment was necessary for, and I told her that she knew all of us choose the epidural and shaming us for it is not a good look and that not having an epidural isn’t something to brag about.

She told me that it was not her intention to do so, but our friends agreed with me and told her that I was right, if her point wasn’t to bring us down or to brag she could have just avoided to mention it. She just said that she was sorry if she upset us but that she really did not mean it in that way. It became sour so we all decided to leave, I thought she would text us later and apologize but instead her husband sent us a text from her number. He basically told us that Sarah was incredible during birth and would have been with our without an epidural, and that we were the ones shaming her for not having one. We did not respond but instead created another group chat talking about it.

What we all agreed on is that she, like many other moms who don’t choose the epidural, didn’t intentionally try to shame us. But that they very often think off themselves as superior, and it was sad that Sarah who is otherwise a very kindhearted person turned out to be this way.

We don’t believe we are assholes, but Sarah has not talked with us since and my husband told me that if I thought it was worth ruining a 15 year friendship over then so be it. I would like to know if we are the assholes here, or if Sarah is.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
"Hey, how was the birth?

"Great, I didn't even need the epidural."

"You think you're loving better than me?"

Jesus, yes you're the rear end in a top hat

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

B-Rock452 posted:

Someone died at mine. I did CPR on him while all the adults panicked and cried.

lol god drat, you win :whitewater:

Shanghaied posted:

AITA for telling our friend she isn’t better just because she didn’t get an epidural?

The insecurity, it hurts

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Shanghaied posted:

quote:

…my husband told me that if I thought it was worth ruining a 15 year friendship over then so be it. I would like to know if we are the assholes here, or if Sarah is.

Lmao I love that she wrote that out and is still clinging for dear life that she’s not the rear end in a top hat here.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
All the moms I know are aware that everyone’s birth story is their own and you listen any number of wild things without sarcasm

and 'didn’t get an epidural’ is way way way down the list of things one could raise an eyebrow at

jesus

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
My children were a result of me spreading around a bunch of eggs and a bunch of men coming around to fertilize those eggs. Beautiful really.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I don't understand how these people even remember anything between birth and the three month mark.

With my kid it's just a blur of screaming and making GBS threads and also there was a baby to take care of.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Bubblyblubber posted:

With my kid it's just a blur of screaming and making GBS threads and also there was a baby to take care of.

Well done

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

AITA for not bailing out my step family, and evicting them from my holiday home in favour of the paying guests.

quote:

I come from a very well off family with my parents families being very wealthy. My parents spilt up when I was eight, Dad died from an alcohol related illness when I was 10 and my mum remarried when I was 12, then died four years later in a road accident. I then lived between my grandparents houses and didnt see my step family very much at all. My step dad didn’t really connect with me when mum was around and I had no relationship with his family. I have a step brother who is 2 years younger than me. When dad died I inherited all his money then on my mums death her trust fund came to me.

I did everything I could to make sure my step brother got his fair share but at 16 with belligerent grandparents who never approved of my mums second marriage it took a lot to get them even to pay for his schooling and university. Since we became adults, and my grandparents have departed, I have done as much as I can to help him.

He asked a few months ago if his dad could use my holiday cottage over the winter because he’d got money issues. I reluctantly agreed and said they could have it till the beginning of March as I had bookings for Easter and some work needed to be done.

We met last Sunday for lunch and he said that his dad still didn’t have anywhere to live and he had been asked to ask me if there was anyway my step dad could stay a little longer. I agreed on the basis he would be out in two weeks and that the builders could come in and fit the new kitchen.

Last week was a nightmare, my step dad refused access to the builders, then when I went down to try to talk to him called the police on me for harassing him. Now he’s threatening to take me to court because I said I would start the process of evicting him.

AITA for not supporting him more? Do I owe a duty to look after my mums husband?

PS my step brother is mortified with it all but refuses to speak to his dad about it.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
My [f26] family [F50, M47, M27] just returned from vacation and I think they’ve been replaced by impersonators or demons. I’m scared, how do I stop feeling this?

Throwaway because no body can know I’m posting this

Im not sure how to explain this but I feel really scared. About 2 weeks ago, my husband went on vacation with his friends, and coincidentally at the same time my parents took a trip for their anniversary. It’s very rare that they all go away at the same time (my parents haven’t been away together for at least 10 years), and we are all a very tight knit family.

So me and my brothers hung out for the last 2 weeks at my family house as we all live very close by. We had a great time, and ate a lot of pizza. I missed my husband and my parents a lot, but I was busy with work, plus we all FaceTimed frequently.

My husband came back a few days ago and straight off the bat he felt like a different person. He smelled different, kissed me differently, and I just felt like I didn’t know him. Anyway I thought, it’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen him, we usually spend every day together, I’m sure It’ll feel the same, soon. I tried to get used to it but it was in the back of my mind that things felt strange. Today, my parents came back, and something is definitely off. They’re behaving different, saying new things, acting weird. My dad is lecturing me, which he never does. My mum is saying phrases which dont sound like her. I can hear them talking behind my back

I’m really scared, and I think they are different people, just pretending to be my parents. I’m really scared of them, and I’m avoiding them. I’m too afraid to tell them anything. I don’t want to be around them because I don’t know who they are, but they’re acting confused about why I’m not spending time with them. I don’t know if they’re imposters or demons, or who they are. I don’t loving know these people, and I’m scared for my life. I need to lock my door tonight, for my own safety

TLDR; my family have been replaced by something and I need to get out but I don’t know what to do

I just wanted to say I don’t have any history of mental health conditions, I am a normal person (not that people with mental health conditions are not normal), I just don’t know what’s going on and I’m scared

Top comment: Go to the doctor. You may have no history of mental health conditions and I'm sure you're a normal person, but this sort of thing--capgras syndrome as other commenters have said--can be caused by things like, say, a stroke. Anybody can have a stroke, at any age.

Seriously. Go immediately to the doctor.

I hope to hell that OP's checking their post. This is like that carbon monoxide thing a few years ago in legal advice.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Schizophrenia usually has an onset of late twenties in females. Wondering if there was more than just eating pizza with the brother. DIP is not a nice way to find out either.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"I am a normal person." Does she think all crazy people knew they were crazy before you know... losing it. Hell, lots of people with mental illness still aren't aware they have a mental illness.

I really feel for this woman if something is starting to manifest. She is facing a potential lifetime of hell.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Runcible Cat posted:

I haven’t had a good night sleep a whole year since I cheated on my wife

:qq:

this is 100% written one-handed

meanwhile, on tumblr, a place for social anxiety
WIBTA for asking my roommates to clean more?

quote:

🫧 🧽

context: I have two roommates. we’re all students in our early 20s; I’m one semester into my masters and they’re sophomores in undergrad. we have a two-bedroom student apartment—they share a room while I rent a private one—with a kitchen and living room + dining table. it’s probably relevant that we didn’t know each other beforehand; these student apartments just placed us together. we’re amicable and have a gc for logistical stuff but don’t really talk.

and the thing is they just almost never clean. I clean the fridge and counters, sweep, swiffer, take out the trash, 80% of stuff. they’ll clean the stovetop or microwave when they need it immediately, or take out the trash when I ask, but that’s it. (one of them has left dishes in the sink or a full week and only did them when I asked bc it was literally starting to smell.) I try to sweep/vacuum/swiffer once a week, but unfortunately don’t have a strong routine.

but…. you can see the dynamic here. and honestly I’m dissatisfied with the current level of cleanliness, I’d prefer if they did the dishes more often, and if we dusted the blinds and clorox-d the trash can once a month or smth. unfortunately we never did any kind of roommate agreement or chore chart when we moved in. I thought about bringing it up in January with the start of the new semester, but ended up not…. I figured I didn’t wanna push it and it was unlikely to change their behavior.

ultimately WIBTA for expecting them to clean to my standards, esp now in February?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for questioning why she thought McDonalds was closed?

quote:

Lurker account. I(25M) am dating "Claire"(25F) for 7 months. It's become something of a tradition where every few weeks we'll eat inside the Mcdonalds near our house. Today was one of those days but this time it was weird.

I was driving and the restaurant is near a shopping outlet that was pretty busy so I let Claire out so she could order inside while I parked. After I did so I noticed her walking back towards me and when I asked what was going on, she said "It's closed." which.....it wasn't. You could clearly see people eating inside and when she said that I saw someone walk right in. I said "what? no it's not." and we walked in but I noticed she was being pretty quiet around this time.

After we're sitting down and eating I asked why she said that, asked if she didn't actually want to eat here or something and just said "The door was locked." Which I know could not be true because the door could not have been locked for all of the minute in between her trying to open the door and when we got in while people were coming through same door all the while. She then got really defensive and accused me of thinking she was too weak to open a door by herself or if she was stupid. I said no and apologized and she said "Good, now shut up and eat!" The rest of the meal was awkward and she asked me to take her home rather than the store like we planned because she felt disrespected. I did and once again apologized but explained that I truly don't understand the whole closed issue and she called me an rear end in a top hat for not letting it go.

This is obviously kind of silly all around but I'm curious if I'm missing something here.

AITA for saying “THAT’S his wife?”?

quote:

I didn’t think this was a huge deal but my friend is acting like I was 5 seconds away from causing the scandal of the century so I’d like the internet’s verdict.

I moved to London a few months ago and my friend Eleanor from uni was nice enough to introduce me to her group of friends since she grew up here. I’ve spent a lot of time with her friends and they’re slowly becoming my friends too. We spend most weekends together and we even took a spontaneous weekend trip to Spain last month.

There’s this guy in the group who is ridiculously attractive but Eleanor warned me he wouldn’t be interested when I first told her about my crush. She honestly made me think he was gay the way she said it and he always ignores the female attention he gets on nights out so I really did think he was gay. He also doesn’t wear a wedding ring and he’s never brought his wife when we go out, not even when we went to Spain so I was shocked yesterday when I saw him walk over and touch a woman sitting with his best friend’s wife.

I asked one of the girls who she was and she told me she was his wife. I was shocked so I blurted out “THAT’S his wife”? I didn’t mean anything bad about it but I guess my tone showed how shocked I was and Eleanor misunderstood so told me to shut up. The girl I asked was also giving me weird looks so maybe my tone wasn’t what I intended.

Eleanor dragged me away from the other girl to tell me not to say anything about his wife because supposedly he’s ridiculously protective over her and the group would quickly turn against me if the guy thought I was saying something negative about his wife which I think is super dramatic. I tried to explain I thought he was gay and that’s why I was shocked but Eleanor thinks I’m lying so she keeps telling me to just be nice to his wife and not say anything bad about her because it would cause problems for her too.

I really think she’s being dramatic. Its not like I said she was ugly… I was just shocked he was married.

During the night Eleanor went out of her way to introduce me to his wife but I didn’t say much because Eleanor had made it so awkward for me that I didn’t want to say the wrong thing. She was also really quiet so it was hard to have a conversation with her, especially since her husband or his friend’s wife were always hovering around her.

Today they're all hanging out and I wasn't invited. I don't know for sure it was because of this but I think it was...AITA?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for questioning why she thought McDonalds was closed?

Were there melanin possessing individuals in the vicinity?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Barudak posted:

quote:

She then got really defensive and accused me of thinking she was too weak to open a door by herself or if she was stupid.

I think we have the answer right there. [Midvale School for the Gifted.gif]

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
How to end your relationship with a single gesture:

Boyfriend (24M) dropped my hand (27F) when we ran into his ex. WIBTA for breaking up with him over that?

quote:

I love him a lot but we might need to break up

My bf was with his ex for 5 years. They broke up because she wanted to move to LA to be an actress and didn’t want to do long distance.

We met through friends. We’ve been dating for a little less than a year. I was the one who asked him out.

While he is a loving, affectionate boyfriend, I think that he’s still hung up on his ex. In a lot of ways, I feel like I’m the placeholder for her.

He holds a lot of admiration for her, he gave her very romantic experiences and gifts while I feel more like a friend he does things with, he brings her up when we have conversations with friends.

She recently moved back to our city and reintegrated into his social circles. We ran into her and he immediately dropped my hand when we saw her. They said hi to each other. He didn’t hold my hand again.

I’m feeling very doubtful that this is sustainable. He’s very sweet but I think he needs to heal.

WIBTA for breaking up with him after he stopped holding my hand?
NTA. OP deserves better than being someone's "placeholder" who would be dropped in a hot second if the ex fluttered her eyes at him.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Barudak posted:

She's cheating on him with a clown and mistook the Ronald McDonald statute for her affair partner

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Saw Officer Big Mac on site and didn't want to get caught violating the terms of her parole given her past involvement with the Hamburglar

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Maybe the McDonald's is Closed Even When It Is Clearly Not Gaslight Challenge is the new tiktok pomegranate.

E: that sentence would kill a medieval peasant

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Barudak posted:

She probably saw her boyfriend inside and didn't want any awkward questions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I find the mcdonald's story funny because she sounds so pathetic and indignant about it that being the hamburglars criminal accessory is less embarrassing.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for leaving my son's wedding early?

quote:

My son (30M) got married two weekends ago. My wife and I left the wedding just before the dancing started. This was not planned ahead of time but my wife wanted to leave and I chose to leave with her. In the aftermath my DIL told me I should have stayed and celebrated with her and my son and let my wife leave early. She told me I let my son down and I shouldn't be surprised if I'm not included much in the future lives of grandchildren.

So background and leading up to this: I was married before to my son's mother. Sadly we lost her when my son was only 5. I remarried when he was 9 and my son and wife knew each other two years at the time of our wedding. My wife was also a single mom to a son and daughter who were 2 and 5 at the time. Our blending of the family was fine. But my son was always emotionally distant but polite. He did not reciprocate my wife's efforts to bond. He was polite. He wasn't rude. He behaved. But it was clear he was going out of politeness and not because he wanted to bond. He also did not show an interest in bonding with his stepsiblings.

My son was in therapy after his mother died, he was in therapy when I started dating again and a therapist helped me navigate the experience with him. I don't know how much it helped realistically but I did my best to make the experience as positive for him as I could and we didn't force titles or anything. All we asked for was respect and we hoped and did ask that all the kids give everyone a chance.

Friends and family told me/us that in time he would come to appreciate my wife and love her for being a good stepmother if not a good second mother. But that we had to give it time and always be kind and loving but not judgmental or pushy.

When my son announced his engagement several months ago my wife had hoped he might give her a short dance after hearing he would dance with his maternal grandmother. She asked and he told her no. My wife then asked if I would talk to my son and figure out if there is a reason he couldn't do one with both. I spoke to my son and he told me the reason he said no is because he did not care about my wife. He said he loved his grandmother and wanted to dance with her on his wedding day because he can't dance with his mom. But that my wife means nothing to him and she is only attending the wedding because we are married and he loves me. But he told me he has not and never will love her or want her around.

I considered not putting it in those words to my wife but she told me to be honest and so I was. She was deeply hurt. My stepkids were not told the reason their mom was hurting but figured it was to do with the wedding and so they RSVP'd no when their invites came in.

All of this was playing on my wife's mind during the wedding and before the dances began she told me she wanted to leave and she didn't want to stay where she wasn't wanted. I chose to leave with her. I could see she was upset. I said my goodbyes and we left.

Hey on the bright side they just danced right out of the son's life!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

FMguru posted:

How to end your relationship with a single gesture:

Boyfriend (24M) dropped my hand (27F) when we ran into his ex. WIBTA for breaking up with him over that?

NTA. OP deserves better than being someone's "placeholder" who would be dropped in a hot second if the ex fluttered her eyes at him.

drat, dropping the hand? How much more obvious can you get? A more devious man would hold the hand, but keep an eye open later for opportunities to cheat. This doofus is so in love with his ex that appearing unavailable, even for a brief moment, is unfathomable. This woman needs to have a go bag packed and ready ASAP.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Hughlander posted:

AITA for leaving my son's wedding early?

Hey on the bright side they just danced right out of the son's life!
This also could have been headlined "How to end your relationship with a single gesture"

I appreciated the DIL coming right out and saying "Don't expect to see your future grandkids much if at all, rear end in a top hat"

DeeplyConcerned posted:

drat, dropping the hand? How much more obvious can you get? A more devious man would hold the hand, but keep an eye open later for opportunities to cheat. This doofus is so in love with his ex that appearing unavailable, even for a brief moment, is unfathomable. This woman needs to have a go bag packed and ready ASAP.
In comments, OP says that after dropping her hand, he never once mentioned that she was his girlfriend when talking to his ex.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Desert Bus posted:

My children were a result of me spreading around a bunch of eggs and a bunch of men coming around to fertilize those eggs. Beautiful really.

I'm never going Easter egg hunting at your place.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What an idiot, the way you get your ex back is to make them see your new relationship and how much better they seem and happier you are so they work extra hard to break you up

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I once dropped my partners hand when I saw an ex but that was because she used to smack me around and I didn’t even know she was back in the same country. Down an alley before I even knew it leaving my poor partner wondering why I had just bolted like a startled cat.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Hughlander posted:

quote:

But that my wife means nothing to him and she is only attending the wedding because we are married and he loves me. But he told me he has not and never will love her or want her around.

I don't know, how much do you love a person, really, if their SO means nothing to you and you do not want to be around them? I think I've shown far more courtesy to my friends' SOs than this guy has shown his father's wife.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Shanghaied posted:

I don't know, how much do you love a person, really, if their SO means nothing to you and you do not want to be around them? I think I've shown far more courtesy to my friends' SOs than this guy has shown his father's wife.

Yeah, and I think it is telling that it was the DIL that did the "and you will not see the grandkids".

If you don't like something "hit da bricks" is awesome advice and I think it should be common curtesy that if someone wants out of a situation, they should be allowed to leave without judgement or retaliation.

Being persistent about the first dance thing was weird tho'.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Yeah, and I think it is telling that it was the DIL that did the "and you will not see the grandkids".

If you don't like something "hit da bricks" is awesome advice and I think it should be common curtesy that if someone wants out of a situation, they should be allowed to leave without judgement or retaliation.

Being persistent about the first dance thing was weird tho'.

She didn't even ask for the first dance though? Just a dance, at some point during the reception.

quote:

When my son announced his engagement several months ago my wife had hoped he might give her a short dance after hearing he would dance with his maternal grandmother.

If I hosted a big party (I did, a few months ago), and one of my friends' GF came up to me at some point and asked to dance and I refused, and when my friend mentioned it to me I said "I don't care about your girlfriend. I danced with Lisa because she's my friend and I love her. But your girlfriend means nothing to me and she is only attending the party because you have a child together and I love you. I'm not nor will I ever be friends with your girlfriend, nor do I want her around." Then, I don't know man, I think I'd have deserved to be punched in the face.

She's not asking to adopt you. She's not asking you to call her mom at the wedding. She was asking for a dance. You can do this, you're loving 30.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 4, 2024

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
"Our blending of the family was fine."

Yes, we can tell.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Shanghaied posted:

She didn't even ask for the first dance though? Just a dance, at some point during the reception.

If I hosted a big party (I did, a few months ago), and one of my friends' GF came up to me at some point and asked to dance and I refused, and when my friend mentioned it to me I said "I don't care about your girlfriend. I danced with Lisa because she's my friend and I love her. But your girlfriend means nothing to me and she is only attending the party because you have a child together and I love you. I'm not nor will I ever be friends with your girlfriend, nor do I want her around." Then, I don't know man, I think I'd have deserved to be punched in the face.

She's not asking to adopt you. She's not asking you to call her mom at the wedding. She was asking for a dance. You can do this, you're loving 30.

No actually, if your friend's girlfriend comes up to you and says that you have to dance with her because she's dating your friend or she'll leave your party and take all of her friends with her, you're perfectly justified to say "lolnope".

The stepmother wanted the dance because she felt entitled to it based on her having married the guy's father. The dance with his grandmother meant something to him, and she decided she needed in on that. Her children "noticed she was hurting" and decided not to go. In short

Peg Sliderskew posted:

"Our blending of the family was fine."

Yes, we can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Electric Wrigglies posted:

People will in fact judge you for your actions, like peacing out of your daughter's dance recital because you're bored, or your son's wedding because your spouse is bored, and it's actually totally reasonable for them to do so.