Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

CelticPredator posted:

Where did the incendiary breaker come from

I want it but I feel like I missed it

its in the premium war bonds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Triarii posted:

That seems really clear-cut (if obfuscated) but then there's also a loading screen tip that says the angle of impact affects armor penetration. Given the state of the game, it might just be lying, who knows.

Could be a bit of both. Right now you can see head on penetration definitely has some kind of value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fMUX_82PFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36x6fGvkEyw

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Lysandus posted:

Is this a common bug when you find things like super cred or medals like this and you can't pick them up?

Were they possibly already picked up by somebody else? Sometimes the credits just stay there on the screen even after they'v been picked up already for reasons.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I had the daily for the flamethrower two days ago and have not seen a daily since then at all. Are they actually dailies or random?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Play posted:

I thought light and medium in that case refers to the grade of armor it can penetrate rather than how much it penetrates. Although without knowing exactly which enemies have which armor that is also quite useless without testing. Am I wrong on that?

That's what I thought too, but :shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have picked up a flamethrower a couple times and it seems pretty bad, anything close enough to hit with it is probably running at you and will set you on fire too :supaburn:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Armour has a value of 0 through 10, light medium heavy are just words that refer to values. So your light gun could be 1-3 in terms of penetration or whatever they coded the values to be, which afaik they never released or datamined yet. If your armour value is higher than the penetration value, the shot bounces.

The CEO tweeted this a while ago

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

priznat posted:

I have picked up a flamethrower a couple times and it seems pretty bad, anything close enough to hit with it is probably running at you and will set you on fire too :supaburn:

by freedom's heat i will cleanse these bugs

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Worf posted:

by freedom's heat i will cleanse these bugs

Asbestos armor set when??

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Owl Inspector posted:

Just started my super sample journey and already had a bug twice where one of the samples couldn't be collected. pressing interact on it just made the prompt disappear but wouldn't work.

how many super samples do you need for everything?
You need 65, if I did my math correctly:
  • Hand Carts: 5
  • Zero-G Breach Loading: 10
  • Expanded Weapons Bay: 10
  • Power Steering: 10
  • Advanced Construction: 5
  • Rapid Launch System: 10
  • Shock Absorption Gel: 5
  • High-Quality Lubricant: 10
As for the first part of your post, there's a bug where if you interact with something and immediately cancel the animation (like by sprinting, for example), you'll not pick up the item and it'll become non-interactable. Here's a decent video showing it off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtAckHbeI3Y
Personally I stop sprinting and let animations play out in full in order to not trigger this bug. If you still see the item physically in the game world that means you've triggered it and it's gone forever.

Triarii posted:

That seems really clear-cut (if obfuscated) but then there's also a loading screen tip that says the angle of impact affects armor penetration. Given the state of the game, it might just be lying, who knows.
It definitely works; the Slugger has just barely enough pen to hurt the Scout Strider's (the bot walkers with the exposed pilots) legs, however if your angle is bad it'll bounce and do no damage. Like it's close enough that at close range if you crouch you can't hurt the legs by shooting the upper parts of them because the change in angle from standing -> crouching will be enough to cause your shots to deflect.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Insert name here posted:

It definitely works; the Slugger has just barely enough pen to hurt the Scout Strider's (the bot walkers with the exposed pilots) legs, however if your angle is bad it'll bounce and do no damage. Like it's close enough that at close range if you crouch you can't hurt the legs by shooting the upper parts of them because the change in angle from standing -> crouching will be enough to cause your shots to deflect.

I wish I could be surprised that a dev team has apparently spent more time making sure player primary weapons could be even more useless with physics variables, than they did making sure player armor actually worked.

Oh god, what if this is why I have seen posts online swearing the counter sniper "Totally has secret medium armor penetration" when it still deflected off armored vents the few times I gave it a chance? "If you have the perfect angle it might not be poo poo! Maybe."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 4, 2024

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

why didn't anyone tell me if you bind sprint to push instead of hold, you can sprint with the map open

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

why didn't anyone tell me if you bind sprint to push instead of hold, you can sprint with the map open

excuse me

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Eediot Jedi posted:

what the

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Truly a tip for the betterment of liberty!!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Even with that mode change, if you start sprinting with the map already open, it will close the map. However you can just re-open the map and continue to sprint without issue.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sushibandit posted:

Even with that mode change, if you start sprinting with the map already open, it will close the map. However you can just re-open the map and continue to sprint without issue.

yea i thought this is what everyone did

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eediot Jedi posted:

Didn't realize that was a problem, on controller it works either way.. I think

Definitely it works on press

There's also a very strange thing on controller where if your camera is facing behind you you can sprint while inputting strategems. But if it's facing forward your character slows to a crawl. That observation has saved me so many times

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Realizing how strong “stick the charger with the EAT call in so the drop pod kills it” is has made EAT even more of an every match stratagem. It’s surprisingly easy to do when they’re right on top of you and a solid hit will kill it, a glancing blow will mess it up bad and make it an easy target for a follow up rocket.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
yeah also if you change sprint to press...it won't cancel when you press crouch, which is really annoying

and the map closes on...like, literally everything. climb up a six-inch ledge? map closed. step off an ankle-high rock? map closed. you can't change your selected weapon with the map open, though. the icons for interactables don't appear when the map is open, either.

also like if you're sprinting and you ADS and shoot some stuff, assuming you never stopped moving, you'll still be sprinting when you release ADS. it is to the point that I wish there was a literal "YOU ARE SPRINTING" icon somewhere near the stamina bar. or just change the color of the stamina bar when it's active.

i should really look into the options a bit more because the auto-mantle is actually more annoying than it is helpful

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Apple Craft posted:

I had the daily for the flamethrower two days ago and have not seen a daily since then at all. Are they actually dailies or random?

I've had one when I first played and none since. Pretty sure they're cooked.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Eediot Jedi posted:

I'll tell you now that if you bind aim to push instead of hold, you can't aim down sights (first person mode. AKA the change mode button stops working.) I've only ever aimed down sights in this game once, to make sure the bug wasn't being caused by something else.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Speaking of options with bad defaults: set "remember aim mode" to "per weapon."

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Sindai posted:

I wish they’d change that so it included the gun rpms as well

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sindai posted:

I like global remember aim because first person is the best way to aim on every weapon with controller for me with me favorites. Exceptions are the laser cannon, auto cannon, rr and eat, but I rarely use those anyways.

If I do per weapon then I have to do every single weapon each dive which is a bit annoying.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

kaxman posted:

and the map closes on...like, literally everything. climb up a six-inch ledge? map closed. step off an ankle-high rock? map closed. you can't change your selected weapon with the map open, though. the icons for interactables don't appear when the map is open, either.

This drove me nuts until I bound the map to one of my mouse thumb buttons and set it to hold instead of press. I can still hear it trying to close the map as I stumble over every tiny ledge, but it can't as long as you're holding the button.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

well that didn't take long :smith:

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I wish the railgun would remember unsafe mode, but I do love the tiny ludonarrative beat of a brainwashed berserker grabbing the most powerful weapon in their starship’s arsenal and gleefully disengaging the mechanisms that stop it from exploding in their face, all so that they can dispense the maximum amount of liberty.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

blastron posted:

I wish the railgun would remember unsafe mode, but I do love the tiny ludonarrative beat of a brainwashed berserker grabbing the most powerful weapon in their starship’s arsenal and gleefully disengaging the mechanisms that stop it from exploding in their face, all so that they can dispense the maximum amount of liberty.

Isn't there an option to remember weapon settings? Like saved settings per weapon? That should apply to railgun safe/unsafe if it works for Machine gun RPM and stuff.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

my latest experiment in "is this weapon as bad as they say?" is the counter sniper. answer: yes

from the listed stats it would be a questionable sidegrade to the marksman rifle, except those stats don't list that its turn speed is literally more sluggish than an autocannon. the thing straight up can't keep up with the average bug target's lateral movement. it also loses 2 magazines and 25% magazine size for the prize of a tiny amount more damage. the marksman rifle is still my favorite weapon so far even though some people don't like it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

OGS-Remix posted:

Isn't there an option to remember weapon settings? Like saved settings per weapon? That should apply to railgun safe/unsafe if it works for Machine gun RPM and stuff.
It seems to be iffy when it comes to support weapons. I am pretty sure it remembers my last AMR zoom, but machine guns feels like I have to change the rate of fire every time I bring one.

It might be due to support weapons being "loot" even when you call them down, and not specifically yours like a primary or secondary weapon?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Owl Inspector posted:

my latest experiment in "is this weapon as bad as they say?" is the counter sniper. answer: yes

from the listed stats it would be a questionable sidegrade to the marksman rifle, except those stats don't list that its turn speed is literally more sluggish than an autocannon. the thing straight up can't keep up with the average bug target's lateral movement. it also loses 2 magazines and 25% magazine size for the prize of a tiny amount more damage. the marksman rifle is still my favorite weapon so far even though some people don't like it.
Something like "handling" is definitely up there with armor pen for stats that need to be visible.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

I absolutely can't get my mic working. Razer Blackshark Pro 2, it's working in other applications and I see the indicator in game when I talk, but no one can hear me. It's driving me nuts.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel like I wamt an in game codex to list all stats of every enemy and weapon in exhaustive detail. This is also a great opportunity for more patriotic writing.

Speaking of I think my favorite example, and there's a lot of good snippets, is that every item in the super store has randomized ratings amd comments and all of them are 5 star except for the singular 1 star review that has the name redacted and the text displays 'This review is being investigated for treason.'

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I hated the rail gun right up until I realized I can treat it like a hip-fire snipers of old. Can't bring myself to use a shield with it though.

Q-sixtysix posted:

I absolutely can't get my mic working. Razer Blackshark Pro 2, it's working in other applications and I see the indicator in game when I talk, but no one can hear me. It's driving me nuts.

Is it set as default communication device?

In windows 11, System -> Sound -> Input -> (your device) -> set as default device -> also for communication

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

After the last 2 days I'm really liking the lightning gun. It's unlimited ammo so you can basically run it like a primary. As long as you are conscious of your fields of fire it seems like it can do good work. Run it with the Rover and be an ammo free destroyer of yard trash. As long as a couple others bring any heavy armor it works great, and others basically always bring that. I run 110s and 500kg to help with the armor.

An advantage of the load out is that since you don't rely on your primary you can bring more ammo problematic primaries like a Slugger or Scorch without it being an issue.

Its fun!

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Also try disabling other mic inputs. My amp technically as an input as well that I haven't got anything plugged into and disabling that + setting my mic as default input seemed to fix it.

This game acts real strange with microphones.

BitBasher posted:

After the last 2 days I'm really liking the lightning gun. It's unlimited ammo so you can basically run it like a primary. As long as you are conscious of your fields of fire it seems like it can do good work. Run it with the Rover and be an ammo free destroyer of yard trash. As long as a couple others bring any heavy armor it works great, and others basically always bring that. I run 110s and 500kg to help with the armor.

An advantage of the load out is that since you don't rely on your primary you can bring more ammo problematic primaries like a Slugger or Scorch without it being an issue.

Its fun!
Just played a round where a guy used this with jump jet and chilled on the top of rocks zapping things left and right. Killed me a couple times over a campaign but realistically it was about average for team deaths. Seemed to kick rear end.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
People are constantly throwing themselves in the path of my arc thrower for some reason.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

the unabonger posted:

People are constantly throwing themselves in the path of my arc thrower for some reason.

Ride the lightning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

seen a bug 3 times today where I'd randomly get a fake pseudo chest wound out of nowhere, just while running around and not from getting hit or anything. it didn't cause bleeding or show up as a wound on the UI, but it did change my health bar to red and prevented me from regaining stamina + made me say the voice lines as if I had a chest wound. Using a stim would cure it but you can't stim at full health so I had to have someone punch me to regain the ability to sprint.