Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the word pathological doesnt mean "is really good at it" or "understands the consequences of doing it" lol come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Extremely glad that this time sagas manifesting a few hundred new posts was for extremely funny reasons instead of horrific reasons

Agreed. This is the sagas content I crave

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

That DICK! posted:

The one thing I believe is that he had a cat that died of a stroke

How do you stroke a cat that badly? :saddowns:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

incredible scenes

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
losing my mind

I was one of the people who was sad about Dark Id's cancer diagnosis... a year ago. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet - he announced on Twitter in ~March 2023 that he was dying and wouldn't make it past September. I was bummed, and there wasn't a peep from him after that so I believed he was understandably spending his last months away from the internet. But apparently he kept talking in his Discord?? And today he decided to just... do a redo on his death diagnosis announcement??? where was he going with this!!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
holy poo poo lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pigbuster posted:

losing my mind

I was one of the people who was sad about Dark Id's cancer diagnosis... a year ago. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet - he announced on Twitter in ~March 2023 that he was dying and wouldn't make it past September. I was bummed, and there wasn't a peep from him after that so I believed he was understandably spending his last months away from the internet. But apparently he kept talking in his Discord?? And today he decided to just... do a redo on his death diagnosis announcement??? where was he going with this!!

Wikipedia defines Munchausen's Syndrome as...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

the word pathological doesnt mean "is really good at it" or "understands the consequences of doing it" lol come on

I know. It's just such baffling behaviour. You can't help but try to make sense of it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

Sounds like a skill issue. If I were a pathological liar I'd plan out my lies beforehand and everyone would believe them.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmfao oh my god.

FutureFriend posted:

thedarkid would mostly only vaguely sometimes post in his lp about being a badass ex-pmc, just barely enough that most ppl wouldnt notice. just at any point when you interacted with the man he would say the most insane poo poo

lol, like a cult that tells you more and more outlandish things the closer you get

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Majorian posted:

Sounds like a skill issue. If I were a pathological liar I'd plan out my lies beforehand and everyone would believe them.

mylies.xlsx

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

IndestructibleCat posted:

Also I need to share this one

Ahahahhahahahahahahha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Being with a 39 c fever sucks but at least reading this poo poo makes the insomnia worth it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

apparently he also posted about his fake dead daughter being really into yaoi

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

IndestructibleCat posted:

Also I need to share this one

I remember there was a dude in DnD years ago who insisted for pages and pages that a human being could kill a giraffe with their bare hands.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

from tvtropes lol

Lmfao

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

I remember there was a dude in DnD years ago who insisted for pages and pages that a human being could kill a giraffe with their bare hands.

what, you mean you can't?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

apparently he also posted about his fake dead daughter being really into yaoi

being a good dad by asking your kid what they're cranking it to.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Majorian posted:

maybe a human can't, but a badass mercenary and gamer can :clint:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What stuns me is that they're always terrible liars with absurd stories. "Whew that was close. Good thing I said I couldn't provide any documents proving I was in Delta Force for 20 years is because I'm so deep undercover that they're were all destroyed to maintain the cover that I just blew by telling someone I've known for less than a week."
i mean thats why its pathological lol

you have a compulsion to do it so you do the easy lies or stuff that is obviously gonna float. but then you make friends and build up a social circle and thats built on lies. and you have a compulsion to tell more lies, but just reinforcing the lies you've already told isn't the same thing. so you build in more lies.

so like

'im ex military' whos gonna question that
'i saw combat' sure a lot of people did
'i did some poo poo i regret' like yeah it was probably what iraq
'ive killed people' yea they give you a gun
'i did black ops stuff' i mean its not impossible that a dude who did that stuff would go home and post about JRPGs
'my wife was also in the army' sure
'she is a sexy assassin' hm
'ive killed people with my bare hands and am a secret kung fu badass' uhhhhhhhhh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1owsZ830Nc

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Endorph posted:

jokes aside thats like saying 'ive known two alcoholics and it always stuns me that they keep drinking because the alcohol makes their lives materially worse'

One of them was a kid who had no friends because he would constantly lie so badly that everyone knew he had to be lying.

The other guy dated an ex of mine briefly, then said he was dating another girl after they broke up. The girl was real (she was a friend of my ex), but it was all lies. The thing was, he slowly claimed that he was engaged to her, married her, and they had a nice apartment and car, and she was pregnant. Then he lost the car, and when he asked me to drive him home one day (we were coworkers) he had me drive to his parents house. He was lucky I didn't talk to my ex, but by that point I was suspicious though I hadn't figured out that everything was lies. Anyway, he got fired, but one day his mom talked with my boss and revealed it was all a lie. About a week later he ran in on the shift of another coworker (who was also a goon) who hated him and claimed his wife was in labor, acting all panicked. My goon friend called him out right there and he fled and we never saw him again.

At a certain point it probably has to be mental illness, but I'll be damned if that second one still doesn't make me laugh.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

jumanji 2?? this looks so dumb i might have to watch it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Majorian posted:

to be fair, deleting all external social media and keeping the egregious stuff in a dedicated fan discord almost worked

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
having found out about darkid's true nature a few months ago, i have nothing to add but lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
watch out people, nefarious forces are trying to mislead us

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zorak has been mocking thedarkid now that he's dying

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Homeless Friend posted:

jumanji 2?? this looks so dumb i might have to watch it

It’s pretty good honestly. Better than you’d think

The guy who directed walk hard directed it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Kurtofan posted:

👍

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I'm getting unconfirmed reports That Dark Id is, in fact, the only person that knows how to unlock Goku in Super Smash Bros but he won't tell you because Nintendo would send their assassins

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Thanks, slut god.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Kurtofan posted:

we're in the "cult leader's lieutenants running interference to keep a hold of power and quiet their cognitive dissonance" stage of the collapse

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love the idea that these fake discord screenshots could require a team effort to pull off

"slowbeef either has significant psyop training or is being supported by some serious players. You do not wanna gently caress with these guys"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

zorak has been mocking thedarkid now that he's dying

crying irl

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Fix It posted:

we're in the "cult leader's sockpuppets running interference to keep a hold of power and quiet their cognitive dissonance" stage of the collapse

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Blarghalt posted:

I'm getting unconfirmed reports That Dark Id is, in fact, the only person that knows how to unlock Goku in Super Smash Bros but he won't tell you because Nintendo would send their assassins

that's more believable than being gamer mr. smith

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bourne movie where the bad guy makes a crack team of hackers construct mocking screenshots of his nier let's plays

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
is anyone actually on that discord or is it all TDI

he could be you

he could be me

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

hey everyone, this loser reads discord in french!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

from tvtropes lol

ou my god