Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was told that due to chronic medical reasons if I get an owie or the ouchies I shouldn't take ibuprofen or whatever the other medicine is called but instead "blast the pain away" with a couple heavy doses of etoricoxib. I shouldn't take etoricoxib either but it's better to get it over with quickly than to do a week or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I shouldn't take etoricoxib

America wins once again. :911:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

America wins once again. :911:

:confused:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The FDA and capitalism protect Americans from this new and unusual drug.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

The FDA and capitalism protect Americans from this new and unusual drug.

Ah, well. Maybe that's for the best as one of the listed side-effects is basically "sudden death".

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I had to fight tooth and nail to get opiates when I hosed up my back a couple of years ago, here in Norway. I was basically bedridden for a full year, in blinding agony, until I got taken seriously and sent to surgery. All they wanted to give me until I paid out of pocket for a consultation with a neurologist was ibuprofen, and every time the doctors said it was because of the american opiate crisis. :argh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I got prescribed Tramadol when I said my wrist hurt and Panacod was making me constipated. I only dared take it two times and it just kinda petrified me. Not in a scary way I mean I just sat there for a whole day.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I got prescribed Tramadol when I said my wrist hurt and Panacod was making me constipated. I only dared take it two times and it just kinda petrified me. Not in a scary way I mean I just sat there for a whole day.

Eating oxy daily for almost a year definitely gave me a healthy fear of opiates. Yeah they work very well, but the side effects are so bad. And quitting them was even worse, I was heavily physically addicted after so long, it was an extremely bad like 4 weeks of slowly reducing the dosage. But I'm pretty sure that, without them I would straight up have killed myself at some point it hurt so bad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Biplane posted:

Eating oxy daily for almost a year definitely gave me a healthy fear of opiates. Yeah they work very well, but the side effects are so bad. And quitting them was even worse, I was heavily physically addicted after so long, it was an extremely bad like 4 weeks of slowly reducing the dosage. But I'm pretty sure that, without them I would straight up have killed myself at some point it hurt so bad.

Yeah I just couldn't exist with how bad my wrist hurt. Good news is it got better, and then even betterer when I realized I should turn vibration off on all my game controllers. Something the doctors (I think I saw three for this particular ouchie) never thought to mention: vibration can give you RSI and also make it worse.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Biplane posted:

4 weeks seems short, whenever ive been weaning off something its been several months (but those were psychopharmaca so maybe thats why). like the last time we began stepping down in august and i was off it by december

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

When I had my wisdom teeth removed they prescribed me some opiates; day 1 I was like “whoo hehe I feel floaty I can see why people like this” then day 2 was more “yeah this is kinda nice I guess” and day 3 was “:geno: is it working?”

tolerance sucks rear end

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My experience with opiates is it did gently caress-all about the pain but I didn't mind the pain. It was there and I experienced it but it was like...nothing to do with me. Not my problem.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

4 weeks seems short, whenever ive been weaning off something its been several months (but those were psychopharmaca so maybe thats why). like the last time we began stepping down in august and i was off it by december

My memory of the time is a little foggy. It could have been as little as 3 weeks, or as much as 5 actually. It would not surprise me if it should have been longer though, my doctor at the time was a huge rear end in a top hat, and going through withdrawal sucked so bad. But I got out of it okay thankfully :)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My experience with opiates is it did gently caress-all about the pain but I didn't mind the pain. It was there and I experienced it but it was like...nothing to do with me. Not my problem.

tramadol in particular is a weird drug that doesn’t work the same way as other opiates is what I was told when I was prescribed some.

but yeah, that was my same experience when I was on oxycodone after my UPPP. could tell the pain was there, absolutely didn’t care.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Doctors are real scared about prescribing opioids cause of THE ADDICTION. They somehow fail to realize that every opioid actually has much worse side effects. Constipation, dysphoria, nausea, anhedonia, anorexia, insomnia, itching, etc.

EDIT: i'm a chronic pain person and have tried like 99% of them. So this is anecdotal. But they all suck.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah, well. Maybe that's for the best as one of the listed side-effects is basically "sudden death".

A rare opportunity to feed my drug addiction and my gambling addiction at the same time.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

Doctors are real scared about prescribing opioids cause of THE ADDICTION. They somehow fail to realize that every opioid actually has much worse side effects. Constipation, dysphoria, nausea, anhedonia, anorexia, insomnia, itching, etc.

EDIT: i'm a chronic pain person and have tried like 99% of them. So this is anecdotal. But they all suck.

I think I hit every possible side effect when I was opin', or at least it felt like it. Easily the worst year of my life so far

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Desert Bus posted:

When I was on oxy after knee surgery I didn't poop for the 2 weeks I was taking it even though I was eating normally. When I stopped I just started pooping a regular amount again. Where did all that food/poop go?

Also they gave me a prescription when I went in for surgery but oops, I was allergic to the IV antibiotics so they had to abort and reschedule a new surgery date, at which point they gave me an additional prescription on top of the previous unused one. They were like "well just keep it and use it to help with your knee pain until we can try to fix it again"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I will scratch myself til I bleed in my sleep if I consume any codeine. Wake up looking like I got attacked by a pack of cats. Yeah I really wanna get high off that.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I had surgery on my skull and I was prescribed tons of tramadol and I hated it. It worked very well for pain but it made me super strung out. I felt so cold and disoriented and sick after taking my second dose that I stopped all prescribed pain medication and started smoking heroic amounts of weed instead which worked much better.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Biplane posted:

I had to fight tooth and nail to get opiates

Tooth and Nail are my dealers!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mawarannahr posted:

Goons may engage in posting behavior and eschew pain treatments while muttering "lol, lmao."

thats actually because im a human being, not a goon

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I was on opioids for two weeks when I hosed up my dosage, I think it was tramadol, and it worked well enough at a low dose. After two weeks the doc had me switch to something else because it's super addictive, but the new stuff gave me twrrible acid reflux so I took that only once, then realised the painwas perfectly manageable with paracetamol.

Still, months to over a year later I'd get sudden cravings for tramadol lol

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

im legit lucky that I can manage all my current aches and pains with weed. ive left more than one opiate prescription unfilled because im afraid of whats behind that door

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tramadol is a nightmare of dysphoria and vomiting for me. And I dislocate ribs when I puke. Decent painkiller but it just ends up being more extra pain and suffering.

I have legally consumed enough opioids to kill off a small town like 10 times over and they all suck in different ways.

Weed and NSAIDs all the way wooo!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

goatsestretchgoals posted:

im legit lucky that I can manage all my current aches and pains with weed. ive left more than one opiate prescription unfilled because im afraid of whats behind that door

I used to be that way but then once i was like "okay Vicodin it is" and after I took one I was like "fuuuuuck this is awful why would you do this for fun?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

withak posted:

A rare opportunity to feed my drug addiction and my gambling addiction at the same time.

Etoricoxib is not that kind of drug.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

withak posted:

"Drug-Induced Gambling Disorder: Epidemiology, Neurobiology, and Management"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9825131/

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Listening to Americans talk about prescription drugs is wild.

"Oh yer, my teledoc put me on adictorol for my toothache and chronic truck envy. It destroyed me emotionally and financially and reacted pretty bad with the suicidoxolone I've been taking for a decade."

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
The other side of it is stories like: "yeah, I've had 5 broken teeth for the better part of a decade, but I can't get them fixed because the teeth in my head are not considered 'a part of the human body'."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Teeth are luxury bones.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

"Doctor? What's that?"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i gave up having healthcare so our allies in europe can continue to wage colonial war unabated. i'm doing my part

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So anyone here know why Facebook and Instagram is down? I'm not going into Yospos to find out

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

NeonPunk posted:

So anyone here know why Facebook and Instagram is down? I'm not going into Yospos to find out

Hopefully divine mercy delivering us from the evil of our own addiction.

Most likely DNS stuff

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NeonPunk posted:

Forgot to re-up the domains on GoDaddy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

I hacked them :hehe:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

NeonPunk posted:

They fired all the computer touchers whose job it is that the website not go down

Plus zuck cuddled up with a server for warmth and a bit of his skin flaked off and shorted the CPU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

NeonPunk posted:

their internal poo poo is down too apparently, wondering if it IS an attack or just a fuckup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hope they're trapped in the metaverse