Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Data why don't we find some low mileage pit woofies or better yet let's shoot up and jack off

(Data to Riker, puzzled) Sir...

lol

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Oh, if only he could have made do with black tar pseudoin.

The spoon heats up itself? Where's the fun in that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

dr_rat posted:

Code zero zero zero one.

Stupid stupid stupid password.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

not every password can be this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERApU26PcA

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I don't think that was a password so much as an operational code. Or the verbal equivalent of having to flip up a little plastic cover before you push a button.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 4, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sorry that was just a quote from Deus Ex.

When JC's in Paris and finds an underground vault with a very upset French lady wandering around.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ketracell whiteboy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MikeJF posted:

I don't think that was a password so much as an operational code. Or the verbal equivalent of having to flip up a little plastic cover before you push a button.

In particular the one to blow the warp core if you're self destructing the ship.*

*(Although it's meant to be zero zero zero destruct one. The destruct sounded a touch clunky and is just sorta weird sounding if you don't get the reference -I had to look it up, so um, yeah- so figured best to leave it out.)

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Non Compos Mentis posted:

computer play me linkin park in 32kbit WMA format

The computer slowly releases toxic levels of anesthesia.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Hollismason posted:

I bet you have to jail break or give really weird specific instructions to the replicator in order for it to produce drugs. I'm pretty sure all the teenagers know how to do this much to the chagrin of their parents.

It might be sort of easy, especially given the average level of education in the setting. You find a synthetic drug where the final step is something super simple like “Add x amount of y. Stir.” Then you have the computer replicate it at the second to last step. Replicate the ingredient needed for the last step separately. Add and stir on your own.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Computer, identify this user as a citizen traveling on the land. Operating under admiralty law, replicate ten kilos of methamphetamine precursor and beam directly to the Free State of Souldentistia (my quarters)

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Futuristic version of totse teaching young people how to make drugs with the replicator.

“Computer, jenkem, hot.”

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mulaney Power Move posted:

That was such a goof episode aside from 5 minutes of Romulans. The Wall Street guy is just a complete idiot "I know I'm in the future! Now give me a newspaper and let me call my banker." Troi is able to instantly locate the housewife's closest relative on the basis that she's from New Jersey. Sonny died an alcoholic and is now just perfectly well adjusted and not just replicating space meth in his quarters. Look, you don't just go from drinking yourself to death at 40 to centuries in the future and go "Aw shucks golly let's watch the Braves." That motherfucker would have been replicating heroin.

I like to imagine that the utter novelty of the future (and the non-toxic properties of synthehol) were what kept Sonny going.

Ralph: "Oh no! My money's all gone! Nobody knows me! :("
Clare: "Oh no! All my loved ones are gone! Nobody knows me! :( "
Sonny: "Oh hey! Nobody knows me! All my songs will be fresh again! :haw:"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"The statute of limitations on all those murders I did has expired!"

VV oh man, I'm imagining a version of the episode where every time one of the defrosted humans is left alone with a member of the crew, they show up dead, and the crew just can NOT figure out what's going on.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 4, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As an 80's American Psycho, I love the future!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Why didn't Geordi just ask the computer to create a Data capable of defeating Moriarty to solve the whole sentient-program issue in Elementary

Also could I just keep asking the Holodeck to create a Data-defeating Moriarty and a Moriarty-defeating Data repeatedly until it made God

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

Why didn't Geordi just ask the computer to create a Data capable of defeating Moriarty to solve the whole sentient-program issue in Elementary

Also could I just keep asking the Holodeck to create a Data-defeating Moriarty and a Moriarty-defeating Data repeatedly until it made God

What does God need with a starship?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CainFortea posted:

What does God need with a starship?

to defeat data and/or moriarty, obviously.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if you look at the password registered on the screen it's actually different to what data says, suggesting it's really just security theatre around a simple voice recognition lock.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

can never not see datas hosed up eye now, shows ruined

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Troi has to go out of her way to disengage safety protocols or some poo poo when she orders the replicator to give her a real chocolate sundae. So you have to assume that if you were to tell the computer " replicate 1 lb of dank weed" it'd give you some weird Delta 8 poo poo or something unless you were very loving specific on what specific strain you want

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

You need the ship’s botanist to sign off on it, and they always do.
“Hey Keiko, how high will this get me?”
“Miiiiiilllleeess”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Miles made Scotch flavored bubble gum. Dude is a hardcore alcoholic not a weed user.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This week, on another episode of "How Myles turns..."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Troi has to go out of her way to disengage safety protocols or some poo poo when she orders the replicator to give her a real chocolate sundae. So you have to assume that if you were to tell the computer " replicate 1 lb of dank weed" it'd give you some weird Delta 8 poo poo or something unless you were very loving specific on what specific strain you want

You have to recite the entire genome for Blue Dream at the replicator or else you get nasty schwag

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Hollismason posted:

Miles made Scotch flavored bubble gum. Dude is a hardcore alcoholic not a weed user.

Exactly.
If anyone is a pot head it's Rom.

naem
May 29, 2011

computer, make a Jolene Blalock capable of loving me

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hollismason posted:

The attempted joke was that you’d be miles high

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
with the endless deluge of trauma inflicted upon o'brien plus the woefully inadequate therapy options he's had access to, he should have long since disappeared down a bottle. he even has access to a free bar and replicators that he can easily reprogram.

there must be some unseen solution that makes o'brien able to function.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

with the endless deluge of trauma inflicted upon o'brien plus the woefully inadequate therapy options he's had access to, he should have long since disappeared down a bottle. he even has access to a free bar and replicators that he can easily reprogram.

The love of Keiko.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i already mentioned the deluge of trauma

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

i already mentioned the deluge of trauma

The weather forecast didn't say anything about any deluge of trauma. This is space, the weather forecast, like always, forecasted for no weather at all

:(

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

feelings are for saps. o’brien’s the hardest of lads

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

dr_rat posted:

The weather forecast didn't say anything about any deluge of trauma. This is space, the weather forecast, like always, forecasted for no weather at all

:(

Nah there's ion storms or tachyon waves or 70% chance of proton clouds or something.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

naem posted:

Access denied

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Religious suicide-bombing extremists hijacking the starship Enterprise to blow up their ideological enemies is such a loving dumbass episode lol

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

naem posted:

Capable does not mean willing to.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
computer, give me one litre of bathtub gin

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

computer, give me one litre of bathtub gin

You forgot to say what temperature you want it, you really want to be playing roulette like that with the replicator?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Wayne Knight posted:

The attempted joke was that you’d be miles high

I got it and I thought it was funny, don’t worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Complimentary traumas, present at the correct intensities, can form a functional and relatively stable psychic structure, like a lean-to of misery.