Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Lmfao they can't get corporate money as an NFL team what the gently caress is Harris doing

I'm sure the sewage department would be willing to plunk down a few bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s been what, a week? You really think they should’ve been able to close a multimillion dollar deal with a corporate sponsor in that time?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Black Lighter posted:

I'm sure the sewage department would be willing to plunk down a few bucks

Waste Management Field would be a fitting title for the product the Commanders put out.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ACL Memorial Stadium

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Harris should name it Devils Sixers Stadium

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

shyduck posted:

ACL Memorial Stadium

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Lmfao they can't get corporate money as an NFL team what the gently caress is Harris doing

It's been a week. They have to call it something in the iterm. This is nothing.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
New Owners gotta change Commanders, it's awful.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Jason Wright said in an interview at the combine that “they are not focused on that at this time.” He hasn’t ruled it out, but they probably want the football operations up and running and a new practice facility built first, to say nothing of the new stadium.

Truthfully? I don’t believe they’ll rebrand at all. The league office and owners all like Commanders, they voted to approve it. If it’s making them money, why change it.

I’m just playing Devil’s advocate, I want it changed too. I was team Red Wolf.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

If I just bought a toy that sucked for the past 25 years I'd want to rename it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

indigi posted:

If I just bought a toy that sucked for the past 25 years I'd want to rename it

As long as sponsors are paying the Commanders money and are happy, it probably won’t change. That’s the only reason the previous owner dropped their prior racist name to begin with. But we’ll see, if they do rebrand, i don’t think it will happen till they build a new stadium or a new practice facility.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Kelce coming out for his press conference and immediately crying is probably the indicator he’s done

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Kelce retiring rn

Crying worse than when Michael Jack retired from the Phillies.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Rip to a real one.

Wonder what the plan is at center this year? I think Cam Jurgens was supposed to be Kelce's replacement when he was drafted a couple of years ago but he's really not the same kinda player.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Comcast sportsnet censoring this like they're playing a record backwards for Satanic messages

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Comcast sportsnet censoring this like they're playing a record backwards for Satanic messages

NFL Network hasn’t bleeped anything, so we had Nick’s biggest dick and Pederson’s biggest balls.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cya Kelce :unsmith:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Very excited for reactions when the Eagles fail their first tush push with the new Center.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Kelce retiring rn

devastating. heart and soul of the team for over a decade. ultra bummed he only got the one ring. team is going to be so much worse without him. ;_;

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Rip to a real one.

Wonder what the plan is at center this year? I think Cam Jurgens was supposed to be Kelce's replacement when he was drafted a couple of years ago but he's really not the same kinda player.

Should be Jurgens. He can move in space. Kelce “hand picked” him, etc.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kelce was very good. Not even close to being the greatest center of all time. The amount of glazing going around for him is absurd. He's an attention whore and it's the only reason he gets any name recognition whatsoever. Without a podcast and a funny parade outfit this would have been a nothing burger retirement mentioned in the middle of a week just like every other center who was much better than him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Kelce was good the Eagles would have won the division

wild how that worked out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

Kelce was very good. Not even close to being the greatest center of all time. The amount of glazing going around for him is absurd.

are people really saying this? I might not even claim he was the best center of his generation, but I'd have to think about it for a while

e: for a positional comparison I always thought about him as like a Philip Rivers or Clowney tier guy. consistent, excellent in stretches, not many clearly and consistently better guys at their position but you'd never say they were the best

indigi fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 4, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kelce has 6? all-pros. That seems consistently the best to me. Way better than Clowney of all folks

Doltos posted:

Kelce was very good. Not even close to being the greatest center of all time. The amount of glazing going around for him is absurd. He's an attention whore and it's the only reason he gets any name recognition whatsoever. Without a podcast and a funny parade outfit this would have been a nothing burger retirement mentioned in the middle of a week just like every other center who was much better than him.

Is there even a center tier list? What sickos are grinding center tape out there

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 4, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there even a center tier list? What sickos are grinding center tape out there

This kind of thinking is why people are overrating Kelce and gave him a pro bowl nod last year despite getting smoked by DTs all year

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

indigi posted:

are people really saying this? I might not even claim he was the best center of his generation, but I'd have to think about it for a while

I've absolutely seen it around in other places. I think the issue is most people don't know many centers to begin with so Kelce wins by default

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Right? This is the weirdest thing. I'm all for changing some of these teams' nicknames but god drat pick something good. Commanders? Guardians? Meh.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Right? This is the weirdest thing. I'm all for changing some of these teams' nicknames but god drat pick something good. Commanders? Guardians? Meh.

Everything is focus-grouped to milquetoast oblivion

The Kraken was cool as poo poo and beyond that I can't think of a single expansion team since the Expos with a cool name/mascot

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

blarzgh posted:

The Kraken was cool as poo poo and beyond that I can't think of a single expansion team since the Expos with a cool name/mascot

This is a correct take.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Washington DC Pokémon

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

Ravens and Grizzlies are pretty good. Sharks maybe. But mostly you are right.

predicto fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 6, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1765198004082848080

Very good to piss off your franchise player to save a few bucks.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

Setting up to use the franchise tag on him in a couple of years.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

He played DE all last year though

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

predicto posted:

Ravens and Grizzlies are pretty good. Sharks maybe. But mostly you are right.

Sharks is OK

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I've said this before and I'll say it again: this team gets a constant injection of top tier talent from Will McClay, director of scouting and player personnel and the defacto GM, and then Jerry and Stephen gently caress the contract situations and trades to poo poo every year because they're dumbasses.

The last good contact they did was Tyron Smith, ten years ago. Since then they hosed up with Lawrence, Zeke, Dak, Martin, and now Parsons because they think they're smarter than they actually are.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ever since Kirk Cousins waited out the Snyders on the franchise tag for 2 years or so, it seems a lot more players are doing it too.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Edge rusher should be the designation.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Edge rusher should be the designation.

Yeah it's not a bad deal for Parsons because the money is fully guaranteed, and also, I believe that there's some consequence that of designating the player at a certain position and then they play a majority of their snaps at a different position, which would be the case if they designated him as linebacker?

Anyways, the problem is by not doing a long-term deal with him this year, they're going to end up costing themselves more money.

Back in 2019 they could have had DAC for five years on an ultra team friendly deal but instead they wanted to play loving games and when he balled out like he had been for years leading up, which was a surprise to no one that was paying attention, his cost went up and his years went down and now they're paying the price because they're going to have to extend him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'll give the Joneses this: they have failed it. Basically every component of running the team that they are responsible for, but have accidentally hired good people who draft good players and somehow managed to keep the rest of the football world from finding out how loving incompetent they are otherwise

It's been 30 goddamn years, 10 head coaches two all pro quarterbacks, and still every year that the Cowboys fail. The national narrative is anything but the one guy that this team has had in common the entire time.