Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

wash bucket posted:

I bought a stainless steel pot off Amazon from a name brand and it corroded and pitted after the first use. Now I get to try and guess if it was counterfeit or if that brand just makes poo poo cookware now.

I buy my pots and pans in a big store with my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Once upon a time Dr Bronner's peppermint soap used to tingle your bits something fierce. Now it's lame and weak for no good reason

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

Once upon a time Dr Bronner's peppermint soap used to tingle your bits something fierce. Now it's lame and weak for no good reason

Double check that it isn’t vanilla

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

wash bucket posted:

I bought a stainless steel pot off Amazon from a name brand and it corroded and pitted after the first use. Now I get to try and guess if it was counterfeit or if that brand just makes poo poo cookware now.

it's probably both

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

thathonkey posted:

it's probably both

It's a minor tragedy that the rise of objectively superior induction heaters means that we have to ditch aluminum cookware, which are effectively enshitification-proof. They are far from the best, but at least they are reliably consistent.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Enamel steel always was and still is the best

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

His Divine Shadow posted:

That's what curtailing the free market got us.

glass that barely passes as borosilicate, $200 plz

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

steinrokkan posted:

Enamel steel always was and still is the best

Cast iron supremacy. Fight me.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

What's strange is that it's still relatively easy to find borosilicate glass saucepans. There's probably some reason they suck but it's fun to watch pasta boil in them.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Outrail posted:

Cast iron supremacy. Fight me.

Well, you've chosen your weapons already.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dip Viscous posted:

What's strange is that it's still relatively easy to find borosilicate glass saucepans. There's probably some reason they suck but it's fun to watch pasta boil in them.

The only reason they suck is you can't put them directly on a burner. Otherwise, they kick total rear end.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Aluminum cookware was already poo poo so yeah there's nowhere to go but up for it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

anonumos posted:

Well, you've chosen your weapons already.

Will blood mess up my carefully applied 100% organic flaxseed seasoning?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

credburn posted:

In Oregon we aren't allowed to pump our own gas so the attendants have to deliver the ads to you themselves while you wait.

Please be joking.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

to begin pumping your gas, raise both your arms over your head and shout "MCDONALDS!"

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Time_pants posted:

Please be joking.

nah, i was there last year. the attendants all wear ipads on their chest in this oddly elaborate, kinda fetishy harness, and while the gas is pumping, they press their chest against the window and blast the volume

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lolololol

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

Outrail posted:

Seconding teen witch on this, I recently got a new bottle and I dilute it a good bit to use as hand soap. Still reasonably tingly even hand washing with it.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Large Testicles posted:

nah, i was there last year. the attendants all wear ipads on their chest in this oddly elaborate, kinda fetishy harness, and while the gas is pumping, they press their chest against the window and blast the volume

Yashweh Godbastard Christos

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A few years ago I had to go to the ER for a chemical burn on my eye because I dropped my (undiluted) Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap on the shower floor an a stream shot directly into my eye.

Also I couldn't use it on my balls or taint because it burned very badly. Not sure if they changed it but it sure as hell burned a few years ago.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

In other news, after talking it over with friends, an idea re: google making GBS threads up their search:

My amazing plan:

1: Find some search terms that no advertiser wants to see their brand next to, but made of words people might legitimately search, like "gay nazis". Find a few, this could take a while.

2: Search indirectly for big brands also using the terrible terms from earlier, e.g.: "burger restaurant gay nazis" or whatever. Feel free to use operators to make this work, that won't matter.

3: Try to get your screenshot of gay nazi mcdonald's to go viral. If at first you don't succeed, that's what the other terms you thought of are for, like "jizz coated nestle" and "poo poo on my chest azure web services" or whatever.

4: Eventually it will get enough attention - maybe not a lot but enough - for the advertisers to force google to suspend promoted searches on those keywords, regardless of operators. The advertisers are not going to care about any weird squiggles or brackets or booleans, and a giant NOT would just look like protesting too much.

5: You can now search normally by typing your normal poo poo plus your magic words, for example:
train schedule new york NOT "gay nazis". No advertisers will want to touch it. Although obviously it can't fix the search genuinely sucking by itself.

ur welcome

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A few years ago I had to go to the ER for a chemical burn on my eye because I dropped my (undiluted) Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap on the shower floor an a stream shot directly into my eye.

Also I couldn't use it on my balls or taint because it burned very badly. Not sure if they changed it but it sure as hell burned a few years ago.

That’s how you knew that it worked.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Getting pounded in the butt by Dr Bronner's Menthol Elemental is just about the only way I can feel alive anymore.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Platystemon posted:

That’s how you knew that it worked.

I didn't dilute it because I used it as a body wash. So it's going onto a loofah that has a ton of water all over it so no big deal right? If it's too much, then just hold it under the shower more! Easy!

I was looking at the bottle as it fell to the floor in slow motion and had an "oh poo poo" thing going on and when the bottom hit I saw the stream go directly into my eye. That drive to the ER sucked.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i apply undiluted dr bronner's to my balls and rear end in a top hat every day using my bare hands. it hasn't burned since like, the second time i ever used it?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

directly into my eye. That drive to the ER sucked.

:patriot: :911: :patriot:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I use normal soap that doesn't give you chemical burns if you get it on your skin.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Atopian posted:

In other news, after talking it over with friends, an idea re: google making GBS threads up their search:

My amazing plan:

1: Find some search terms that no advertiser wants to see their brand next to, but made of words people might legitimately search, like "gay nazis". Find a few, this could take a while.

2: Search indirectly for big brands also using the terrible terms from earlier, e.g.: "burger restaurant gay nazis" or whatever. Feel free to use operators to make this work, that won't matter.

3: Try to get your screenshot of gay nazi mcdonald's to go viral. If at first you don't succeed, that's what the other terms you thought of are for, like "jizz coated nestle" and "poo poo on my chest azure web services" or whatever.

4: Eventually it will get enough attention - maybe not a lot but enough - for the advertisers to force google to suspend promoted searches on those keywords, regardless of operators. The advertisers are not going to care about any weird squiggles or brackets or booleans, and a giant NOT would just look like protesting too much.

5: You can now search normally by typing your normal poo poo plus your magic words, for example:
train schedule new york NOT "gay nazis". No advertisers will want to touch it. Although obviously it can't fix the search genuinely sucking by itself.

ur welcome

Genius, but they'd probably just disable booleans (if they haven't already)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i apply undiluted dr bronner's to my balls and rear end in a top hat every day using my bare hands. it hasn't burned since like, the second time i ever used it?

Yeah... I'm guessing you severed all of your nerve endings down there.

The gently caress if I'm paying $500+ to go a couple of miles. I have the VA but that's a 45 minute drive on the interstate in a metro area so I figured that'd be much more dangerous. Thankfully they now cover local emergency stuff for instances just like that but it's a pain sometimes because it's not like flashing an insurance card. You have to make phone calls and hope the local hospital does there part and poo poo like that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rochallor posted:

Genius, but they'd probably just disable booleans (if they haven't already)

Remember when they disabled the “+” operator because it conflicted with their Google+ branding?

They killed the site five years ago but never brought back the operator.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

I use normal soap that doesn't give you chemical burns if you get it on your skin.

Yeah, like a coward.

The only way to wake up in the morning is dicing with death then spitting in his eye! Curare-tipped brush! Go too hard and it's curtains! Bare electrical wires dangling into the shower and swinging in the breeze, hope you can dodge! Empty your cleaning routine of its mortal dream!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

it varies between pump manufactures tho so your best bet is to just stab all the buttons and hope one shuts it up

The day the mute button no longer works is the day I buy an electric car

and enter into a whole new world of enshittification

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I like the tea tree scented dr bronners

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah your soap isn't supposed to be dangerous.

Goons.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the "burning" that people think dr bronner's has isn't anything dangerous or unique to that brand. it's just what real soap feels like. most "soap" isn't soap, it's a sulfate-based detergent

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

How can you feel clean unless you use soap that assaults your balls and anus

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How can I get clean unless the soap pulls off all free radicals from my flesh

Give me NF3 and a remote plasma source for that squeaky clean feeling

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I looked that stuff up and it looks very concentrated and stuff

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Professor Shark posted:

I looked that stuff up and it looks very concentrated and stuff

If it were really concentrated, it would not be a liquid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the "burning" that people think dr bronner's has isn't anything dangerous or unique to that brand. it's just what real soap feels like. most "soap" isn't soap, it's a sulfate-based detergent

...I struggle to type, as I writhe in the grip of a chemical inferno.
"Actually this is very normal!", I continue while every nerve ending pulses pain and horror, willing my hands to uncurl from the claws they have formed long enough to hit Submit.