Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
"Meat Madness" makes me think they're going to hit people with iberico ham legs or cow quarters or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It's a Texas BBQ Match!

You have a smoking pit just outside the ring, but there's also burning Weber grills in each corner.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Oldstench posted:

I don't understand this. Wrestling is fake. The matches are decided before the wrestlers go on, right? Why would he be nervous about a match he was supposed to win?

Its describing to the plotline. His character doesn't know he's going to win because the matches are real in the story. It's like asking why Luke is nervous even though the movie says he's going to hit the thermal exhaust port.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Meat Madness" makes me think they're going to hit people with iberico ham legs or cow quarters or something

That honestly would be pretty drat awesome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bonzo posted:

It's a Texas BBQ Match!

You have a smoking pit just outside the ring, but there's also burning Weber grills in each corner.

I feel like this has to be a King of the Hill plot.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

yes please

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bonzo posted:

It's a Texas BBQ Match!

Coffin match but with a big rear end grill

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Quid posted:

Its describing to the plotline. His character doesn't know he's going to win because the matches are real in the story. It's like asking why Luke is nervous even though the movie says he's going to hit the thermal exhaust port.

"Use Kayfabe, Luke."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
one of the reasons vince russo's angles suck is that he would try to be meta and have the wrestlers talk about how they were about to fight for real which is really stupid when the entire show hinges on the fights being real in the story

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
then the he did have them fight for real in a boxing match and they got hurt

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

every once in a while I think about that boxing tournament and lol at what a bad idea it was

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
WWE: OK, boys. This is a legitimate competition. May the best man win.

*Bart Gunn wins*

WWE: No, not like that

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Also we're going to feed the winner to Butterbean just to squash any heat they may have gotten.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
butterbean was willing to put gunn over too but was told not too. gunn's punishment was getting knocked out by butterbean

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That made me think of "Is Butterbean okay?"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
As a matter of fact, DDP rehabbed Butterbean over the last couple years and he's looking forward to one more fight.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Animal-Mother posted:

As a matter of fact, DDP rehabbed Butterbean over the last couple years and he's looking forward to one more fight.

this video is insane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpzp-j58dY

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ddp is a goddamn miracle worker

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
excited for butterbean to get a jake paul payday match

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it was for the best that vince decided to gently caress over DDP's career as it led to him saving other people's lives with yoga

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

AlmightyBob posted:

ddp is a goddamn miracle worker

There's very few saintly people in wrestling and who would've thought the Florida nightclub owner would be one of them.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Jesus Christ I’m speechless. As someone who was 380 eight months ago and is 308 today, this loving speaks to me. Absolutely incredible.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1764164241840386154

he slept, he stole, he got Ted DiBiase banned from several conventions after booking them as a combo and then only showing up himself, he showed up at major wrestling events on his own dime to take photos with people and then demand :10bux: from them, and he ate for 30 years on one feud he had in the early 90s

but there goes the greatest worker pro wrestling ever saw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

this answers the timeless question, "is butterbean OK?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89GuSVcFkMQ

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 3, 2024

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Jesus Christ I’m speechless. As someone who was 380 eight months ago and is 308 today, this loving speaks to me. Absolutely incredible.

Hey congrats on the weight loss :hfive:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Everyone check out AEW Revolution tonight if you can. Sting is retiring and that match is going to be awesome

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
virgil is working the Lord now

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

virgil is working the Lord now

Only entity more evil than Vince McMahon

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Messed up, man.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Elephant Ambush posted:

Everyone check out AEW Revolution tonight if you can. Sting is retiring and that match is going to be awesome

It was awesome. At the very least a top 3 AEW PPV.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

It was awesome. At the very least a top 3 AEW PPV.

Yeah I agree. The least good match was the scramble and even that was a fun spotfest although everyone knew who was going to win

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Today I learned that JR used to piss himself while doing commentary because Vince didn't want commentators leaving their stations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

SAW season 2 sign ups are now open
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055673

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Jamesman posted:

Today I learned that JR used to piss himself while doing commentary because Vince didn't want commentators leaving their stations.

That puts a whole new spin on some of JRs more legendary calls

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jamesman posted:

:stare:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Correction: I believe JR continues to piss himself while doing commentary because he's basically trained himself on this being the proper way to work.

Booker T once left the commentary table to use the bathroom and everyone looked at him like he committed a sin.

Refs and production crew have had to do similar things, even going underneath the ring.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

apparently Kevin Kelley wears a diaper

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Sneezing shows a lack of self control, pal.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The thing that got an immediate reaction out of me at the start was holy gently caress, Bas Rutten and Johnny Knoxville look downright geriatric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

AlmightyBob posted:

apparently Kevin Kelley wears a diaper

He just looks that way. Maybe DDP can fix him.