Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for not letting my bf use my bathroom?

Tell him that he either has to use the guest bathroom, or she gets to poo poo in the master bathroom whenever, even if he's in there showering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

pentyne posted:

Asking "is the coffee good?" is such a giveaway that the person just has coffee snob opinions without any knowledge. It's like the old post about the lady insisting on authentic Italian food and then saying something like Romana Pizza isn't authentic.

Anyone using hot water with their beans probably has an overinflated sense of coffee superiority anyway

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Simply chew the coffee beans like they're Corn Nuts and cut the middleman (water) out.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

Simply chew the coffee beans like they're Corn Nuts and cut the middleman (water) out.

Remembering the time in highschool when the band director ate a fistful of chocolate covered espresso beans and got fuckin' wired all day.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Batterypowered7 posted:

This is a good way to succeed at Twitching.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shanghaied posted:

AITA for telling my wife I absolutely will not allow our kids in any of her content?
I was starting to think that while I don't really like it, I don't know, if it's making that much money and it will help pay for college for the kids maybe it's okay to include the kids a little bit if the wife can be sane about it and the kids don't mind, but then I hit "She wanted to post their scores in an online IQ test" lmao

yeah, no

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Remembering the time in highschool when the band director ate a fistful of chocolate covered espresso beans and got fuckin' wired all day.

Oh, man. I bought a bag of those and left them on my BF's desk so he could try them out. I normally go to bed before he does, since I work at a factory and can't keep scientist's hours. He never made it to bed that night. I was up at 0600 to get ready for work, and he was still coding, next to an empty bag.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Her saying he's an ADULT so he shouldn't have an embarrassing bathroom problem seems... not the best. Avoiding the ensuite bathroom seems like it should be doable for this guy, but it seems weird with zero explanation. Probably going to get blown up to be a way bigger deal than it needs to be.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

odiv posted:

Her saying he's an ADULT so he shouldn't have an embarrassing bathroom problem seems... not the best. Avoiding the ensuite bathroom seems like it should be doable for this guy, but it seems weird with zero explanation. Probably going to get blown up to be a way bigger deal than it needs to be.

Well, it's mega :ironicat: considering her own medical issue where she can't always control her bathroom habits.

Personally the way she's treating him more like a "house guest"/roommate rather than her boyfriend is really sad. Hell, I remember back in uni a suitemate of ours just announced she had IBS and while everyone has different levels of how comfortable they feel sharing their information... this is ostensibly her partner she's living with, and a guy who by all accounts treats her super well except the one time he used her bathroom at night to avoid a potential emergency.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Clocks posted:

Well, it's mega :ironicat: considering her own medical issue where she can't always control her bathroom habits.

Personally the way she's treating him more like a "house guest"/roommate rather than her boyfriend is really sad. Hell, I remember back in uni a suitemate of ours just announced she had IBS and while everyone has different levels of how comfortable they feel sharing their information... this is ostensibly her partner she's living with, and a guy who by all accounts treats her super well except the one time he used her bathroom at night to avoid a potential emergency.

Yeah, that one seems dumb to me. I was in the middle of typing basically this, but now I don't have to because you already did :effort:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Good thing it wasn't chocolate covered raisins or they would have poo poo themselves instead.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My wife has IBS, and I swear to god it seems like she just goes in there, sits down, leans all the way over, and grabs her ankles to let it spray. I make sure she hears me call her the rear end Blaster 5000 every time I clean the toilet. Her mom had to ask her when she was little, "Are you doing it right?"

I don't blame her for wanting to hide it as long as she could in her relationship, but the second he moved in she needed to spill..... the beans. The guy isn't going to care; and, if he does, he wasn't worth keeping around.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DangerDongs posted:

My wife has IBS, and I swear to god it seems like she just goes in there, sits down, leans all the way over, and grabs her ankles to let it spray. I make sure she hears me call her the rear end Blaster 5000 every time I clean the toilet. Her mom had to ask her when she was little, "Are you doing it right?"

I don't blame her for wanting to hide it as long as she could in her relationship, but the second he moved in she needed to spill..... the beans. The guy isn't going to care; and, if he does, he wasn't worth keeping around.

Is she single?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The rear end Blaster 5000 only needs one man in her life at time to disappoint her.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm more into making women feel a sense of shame and embarrassment via dating me.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

The rear end Blaster 5000 only needs one man in her life at time to disappoint her.

Do you at least match her energy as the Piss Sprayer 3000?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

MODS???

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is that not jeopardizing the beans?

some say, if the end is right, it justifies the beans

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

saladscooper posted:

some say, if the end is right, it justifies the beans

groan

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

Absolutely, as is my god given right as a man.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

As someone with Crohn’s, it’s seriously not that big of a deal to tell people you know even somewhat well. Sure, maybe don’t blurt it out on a first date, but if you’re at the point of fuckin’ moving in together, it’s super unlikely they’re going to make a big deal out of it - and if they do, that’s a massive red flag.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My insides ain't right and sometimes I poo bad and if someone can't handle that about me? Whatever their loss. I keep my body and toilets drat near immaculate.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shanghaied posted:

AITA for telling my wife I absolutely will not allow our kids in any of her content?

Should I hurt my kids for money? HMMMMM :tenbux:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Who cares how loud wet or messy someone shits, as long as they clean and don't leave poo all over the toilet seat (barring the inability).

I will however make a funny remark everytime I hear it, that's just the dating package deal I come installed with.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Batterypowered7 posted:

Pffft.
https://www.amazon.com/PureLife-Enema-Coffee-Organic-Medium/dp/B007WIJYVE

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

Who cares how loud wet or messy someone shits, as long as they clean and don't leave poo all over the toilet seat (barring the inability).

I will however make a funny remark everytime I hear it, that's just the dating package deal I come installed with.

A caring partner will comment on the quality of their partner's poos like a human german shelf toilet.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

has IBS, and I swear to god it seems like she just goes in there, sits down, leans all the way over, and grabs her ankles to let it spray. I make sure she hears me call her the rear end Blaster 5000 every time I clean the toilet. Her mom had to ask her when she was little, "Are you doing it right?"

:gonk:

Karl Hungus
Sep 28, 2001
Mine dispatcher says there's something wrong mitt deine kable.
Nap Ghost

Ensign Expendable posted:

I tried dating a Western woman but she drew her six-shooter and made me dance by shooting at my feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x3EXNMfAbg

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

odiv posted:

Makes me wonder how much worse she’d have reacted if he peed his pants

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

odiv posted:

Yeah the point I stop empathizing is the point she uses ableism against him about how he should be able to hold it, when she has a disease where she literally can't hold it for too long or it causes serious issues. It's like holy poo poo lady, I'm sure someone has said that about you in your life, and they were an rear end in a top hat to do it - don't turn around and crush your closest friend and companion under the same faulty logic.

She needs to come clean about the IBS, she's living with him. Making him feel like poo poo for also having bodily needs isn't the right reaction.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 5, 2024

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
A lot of the weird hang ups with bathroom stuff seem to always come back to the fact that person being weird doesn't regularly clean the toilet and is embarrassed for people to see it.

Like....the solution is right there.

If you have sufficiently severe IBS or gut problems you're going to want to be using heavy duty toilet paper and wet wipes, two things you should not be flushing down the toilet instead throwing them away in a trash can anyways. Which you should also not hoard for days/weeks on end and dispose of every day or 2.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Vim Fuego posted:

Should I hurt my kids for money? HMMMMM :tenbux:

The best worst part is all the comments are saying no, you're right, stick to your guns, and he keeps coming back with, but it's so much money. He really wanted someone to tell him to go ahead and monetize those kids.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

DangerDongs posted:

Why the hell are you cleaning up her shits

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

artsy fartsy posted:

Why the hell are you cleaning up her shits

You've never been in love before? I assume no or you wouldn't be asking this dumb question.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

You've never been in love before? I assume no or you wouldn't be asking this dumb question.

If you love someone you want to conjoin your lives together and work as a pair sharing in the triumphs and tragedies that life sends your way. Its about a equitable partnership where no one person is carrying the entire load.

If you expect someone to clean up your poo poo blasted toilet because you, a supposedly functional adult, never learned how to properly poo poo without smearing it all over, then you can hire a maid/manservent or just do it yourself but that's not part of the wedding vows.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

pentyne posted:

If you love someone you want to conjoin your lives together and work as a pair sharing in the triumphs and tragedies that life sends your way. Its about a equitable partnership where no one person is carrying the entire load.

If you expect someone to clean up your poo poo blasted toilet because you, a supposedly functional adult, never learned how to properly poo poo without smearing it all over, then you can hire a maid/manservent or just do it yourself but that's not part of the wedding vows.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
lovers who poo poo together fit together

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Tubgirl alt account spotted

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Magic Hate Ball posted:

lovers who poo poo together fit together

Isn't that what Kevin Nealon and Victoria Jackson taught us in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avb1XbO0EIs ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

pentyne posted:

A lot of the weird hang ups with bathroom stuff seem to always come back to the fact that person being weird doesn't regularly clean the toilet and is embarrassed for people to see it.

Like....the solution is right there.

If you have sufficiently severe IBS or gut problems you're going to want to be using heavy duty toilet paper and wet wipes, two things you should not be flushing down the toilet instead throwing them away in a trash can anyways. Which you should also not hoard for days/weeks on end and dispose of every day or 2.

Why not simply poo poo in the shower? Maybe some sort of squat toilet/shower solution?