Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Speedball posted:

Yeah and you know what the inciting incident was? Me remarking that "Hikari is weirdly cheap" which just...made everyone lose their poo poo at me. Then I have "Hikari" and TDI doing good cop bad cop in the admin channel discussing whether or not to throw me out and then BOOM I was out before I even realized what was going on.

I had a sneaking suspicion it was something just absolutely bonkers simply because the characterizations he gave of you were totally out of sync with what I knew of you. Like, we've never really spoken person to person, but I've been posting in LP since I registered and you were hanging out here when I started my first LP. I saw you around. The defamatory poo poo he spouted about you was just not who I saw around.

And gently caress, was it defamatory. When I said in my original post that I was deterred from speaking up about a lot of this stuff years ago because of the backlash of stepping to someone more popular than you, it was pretty much exactly that poo poo that I was fearing. Nobody needs that kinda stress in their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have spent the last three months in therapy over this poo poo, beating myself up. But you know what? I feel better right now. Because if all the drama was manufactured, it wasn't on me at all.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Speedball posted:

Yeah and you know what the inciting incident was? Me remarking that "Hikari is weirdly cheap" which just...made everyone lose their poo poo at me. Then I have "Hikari" and TDI doing good cop bad cop in the admin channel discussing whether or not to throw me out and then BOOM I was out before I even realized what was going on.

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speedball posted:

I have spent the last three months in therapy over this poo poo, beating myself up. But you know what? I feel better right now. Because if all the drama was manufactured, it wasn't on me at all.

You know what? Hell yeah, brother.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

Yeah, not even remotely. And I at least smelled a rat from the second that kicked off, even if I could do nothing about it, so you were not alone, even though I'm sure it felt like you were. Namaste, duder.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Explosionface posted:

But then between having a grown-up job and family, just haven't had time and space to make it all work. I haven't even been able to follow many in that time, either. There is one game I want to cover before I die. We'll see if I ever get there.

This is what always got me about Id. Dude made a shitton of high quality screenshot LPs. And yet his stories had him going across the world and had a family with 2 kids and... he somehow had the time to do these incredibly time consuming LPS and do them in like a couple months? It never made sense to me but like why would you like about having a family online? What's the benefit, I thought.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

The thing is, those stories are not concurrent - the war poo poo came in after he stopped, basically as part of the reason WHY he stopped.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Why is it so loving hard for some people to just say they’re having some burnout :psyduck:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Also "My daughter died and I only completed the last LP because I didn't want to leave it unfinished then my youtube channel got nuked into powder so I don't want to bother anymore" was already more than adequate.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Coolguye posted:

He, uh, he was rather unequivocal about you as of last November when "something" happened - I still don't know what - that caused him to ping the entire loving server about you.

I won't share it unless requested just out of courtesy or whatever but even as someone who looked once every 3 months or so and never spoke, it was notable that he dropped an @here specifically to tell the entire server to block and avoid you at all costs.

It was pretty hosed up.

Speedball posted:

Yeah, doing this kind of insane poo poo is loving terrible. gently caress him.

Legit glad this dumb poo poo is helping you somehow, Speedball. Nobody deserves this kind of poo poo thrown onto them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Cooked Auto posted:

I... just.. what? :psyduck:
This took a very sudden and unexpected plot twist.

Suddenly getting Boomerjinx flashbacks.

Pretty sure that was the name of the goon who posted a bunch of stories from them working as a street sweeper.
Including a story where they scared a bunch of teenagers dressed up as a Roman Legionnaire while blasting master of puppets and holding roadflares.
I think.

Or maybe I got that name confused with the Ecto-1 guy. :v:

Bruiser was the street sweeper, boomerjinks was the guy with the ecto-1 outback who got undone by improperly securing a tarp on a jurassic park jeep or something.

also: lol

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
People, please, he's dying, let's show him the respect he deserves while he punches through his porch to reach the plug on his life support.

Also in a more serious note, (Spoilering for people that don't like hearing about death) as someone who watched their mom die of cancer, you would not be posting, especially that long if you were a day from death via cancer. Maybe it was her specific type (Back, Lung, and brain), but she went into a coma weeks before actually dying. You don't really get an accurate timer, you just sort of deteriorate.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
To be fair, Dark Id's timer on when he was going to die of cancer definitely wasn't accurate, either.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/2etvOrN.mp4

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Bruiser was the street sweeper, boomerjinks was the guy with the ecto-1 outback who got undone by improperly securing a tarp on a jurassic park jeep or something.

I stand corrected then.

Also goes to show how long I've been hanging out around here. :v:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Anora posted:

People, please, he's dying, let's show him the respect he deserves while he punches through his porch to reach the plug on his life support.

Also in a more serious note, (Spoilering for people that don't like hearing about death) as someone who watched their mom die of cancer, you would not be posting, especially that long if you were a day from death via cancer. Maybe it was her specific type (Back, Lung, and brain), but she went into a coma weeks before actually dying. You don't really get an accurate timer, you just sort of deteriorate.

You most certainly wouldn't show up on discord to refute all the lies the internet is telling about you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Speedball posted:

Speedball posted:

What a truly insane fucker. I'm sorry to hear you went through all that but happy to hear this has brought some closure to all of it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also I don't want to Cassandra myself again because I called Id being the Koala's March of Let's Play like an hour before the story about all his alts broke, but lol if this results in baldurk ripping all of his LPs down from the LP Archive like he did with Azure_Horizon's when it turned out he was a serial rapist.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

Your next appointment with your therapist is gonna be loving amazing.

"So, hey, funny story..."

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!

Jamesman posted:

Hey Gummy Joe :)

Cripes, you're still here??

There's a lot of personality types for which even a crumb of Internet Fame is a really damaging thing, and while he'd still be pathological even if his LPs had gone over like a wet fart, seeing how this feedback loop has blown out to the point of faked dead daughters and terminal cancers is truly something to behold.

As does apparently his still devoted ride or die Discord folk. Holding out hope they're all his alts!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

nine-gear crow posted:

Also I don't want to Cassandra myself again because I called Id being the Koala's March of Let's Play like an hour before the story about all his alts broke, but lol if this results in baldurk ripping all of his LPs down from the LP Archive like he did with Azure_Horizon's when it turned out he was a serial rapist.

I mean I sure hope he doesn't because those are two extremely different situations good Lord

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Your next appointment with your therapist is gonna be loving amazing.

"So, hey, funny story..."

tbh i'd pay for beers just to get the download of what happens after this point

speedball if you want to make it happen just say what your favorite six-pack is

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

:catstare:
What
e: oh right, him.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 5, 2024

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That was quite the story.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean I sure hope he doesn't because those are two extremely different situations good Lord

Also that, I'd rather he kept that option just for, you know, extreme criminal charges.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

This is like ancient poo poo compared to the Id stuff, but, uh, AH confessed on the forums like a decade ago that he roofied his best friend and several other men and then raped them in some hosed up scheme to turn them all gay and got instantly perma'd for it and Baldurk deleted all his solo LPs from the Archive. His collab stuff is still there out of respect for the other people involved in those projects, but everything else is just gone.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nine-gear crow posted:

This is like ancient poo poo compared to the Id stuff, but, uh, AH confessed on the forums like a decade ago that he roofied his best friend and several other men and then raped them in some hosed up scheme to turn them all gay and got instantly perma'd for it and Baldurk deleted all his solo LPs from the Archive. His collab stuff is still there out of respect for the other people involved in those projects, but everything else is just gone.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3579491 I think it was 'loving drunk straight guys', not roofies, unless there's more than this.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I managed to hunt him down through the LP master list and just never connected "The roofie rape guy" with an LPer since 2020 was kind of a blur.

A good reason to damnatio memoriae someone from the archives.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sebmojo posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3579491 I think it was 'loving drunk straight guys', not roofies, unless there's more than this.

Ah. Yeah, I'd heard roofies brought up somewhere, maybe just in my own head, I dunno, but it was definitely a "he knowingly diminished their capacity to consent and then raped them" situation either way.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Wait are you saying the drawings of Mikhail in the Drakengard 3 LP might not be from his precocious son?!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nine-gear crow posted:

Ah. Yeah, I'd heard roofies brought up somewhere, maybe just in my own head, I dunno, but it was definitely a "he knowingly diminished their capacity to consent and then raped them" situation either way.

Yep, the roofies were goon telephone i think. Afaik it's only that post.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Drakengard!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the roofies thing MIGHT have been best friend skull instead, who got like 3/4ths of the way through a risk of rain LP and then also self-incriminated as a rapist.

i don't remember any of the fine specifics of the situation, though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
hahahahahahahahaha what the gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Speedball posted:

goddamn, yeah you didn't deserve any of that

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, I never heard that part before. Definitely don't need any details, but what the actual gently caress, people. Last I ever heard from him was when he was more or less begging for some heavy gif support for an LP he was planning before getting banned.

I'm more sad about all the time I spent on gifs on his ff8 LP that is now wasted to the ether. I mean, they're still on lpix or course, but not conveniently organized into posts.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I don't even know what to feel. I liked Dark Id's LPs to some degree but not to any strong/major degree, and this just feels wild.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
What's throwing me is that, like, normally we are used to a person turning out to have done some extremely bad poo poo, and this, other than to the extent of having farmed a lot of sympathy over very emotive subjects, like cancer and the loss of children, isn't that. This is... the great misdeed is having done nothing, and it is completely removed from why we liked the guy in the first place. Most of us never even heard many of the lies he told. It's all just. As reputation explosions go, this one is just weird.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I enjoyed how he'd do stuff like Photoshop a cheese hat onto a character and end each RE end boss fight with a musical number done in Garrys Mod and at one point used that game where you create movies with Sims or whatever to resolve a plot all of which in retrospect seemed like an odd set of skills for a jet setting independent operative with one or maybe two kids but hey was I to judge

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Did he even try promoting his patreon while telling all these stories? Like he didn't even try to profit off all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Is there a specific thread people are researching the dark id thing cause this is fascinating