Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Wandering Culinarian

While sourcing the next story, I learned that it was originally serialized from October 10th to October 24th of 2002 in 11 parts in the Donga Ilbo, for whatever that's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/26-28/52

As far as I can guess, "they was a porch plank in the last platform" is a reference to Harry Truman having added a second-floor balcony on to the White House.

Archie 9/29 - 10/1/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/17-19/77

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

What a boring Mary Worth arc. I'm glad Keith is happy, but that entire story was almost completely devoid of any real drama.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

pencilhands posted:

I'm glad Keith is happy

but why

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Bigger Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Caption It!: Andertoons Edition

Apartment 3-G

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think at this point Alley Oop can be considered another member of the mob of modern mediocrity.

lmao

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Ten Thousand Years Goose Hut

Kevin & Kell

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

hosed up

pencilhands posted:

What a boring Mary Worth arc. I'm glad Keith is happy,

You are??

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The Striped Phantom

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I for one would rather Keith have been tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypW9ptwviRU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

Pretend I know how to blur the sword of the guy all the way to the right and I posted a lame edit.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Doomykins posted:

I think at this point Alley Oop can be considered another member of the mob of modern mediocrity.

I have no idea what the gently caress Alley Oop really is. When I started posting it, it seemed like they were in the middle of a magical time travel adventure and I thought the gags were funny in a Rocky and Bullwinkle way, but they wrapped that up and went into this fuckin bullshit for like three months afterwards. I've thought about dropping it but I kinda want to see if it ever leads into another adventure story again.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Alley Oop or 'Horny Caveman Popeye' as my mind describes it as I scroll past

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vargo posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress Alley Oop really is. When I started posting it, it seemed like they were in the middle of a magical time travel adventure and I thought the gags were funny in a Rocky and Bullwinkle way, but they wrapped that up and went into this fuckin bullshit for like three months afterwards. I've thought about dropping it but I kinda want to see if it ever leads into another adventure story again.

I have decided to start reading Alley Oop probably three or four times and every time it's been like this. Seems like they're in between adventures except that they don't start a new one and I give up. Maybe I've just been unlucky with my timing? :shrug:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hm. They were watching the film adaptation of that last Mary Worth plot.

Good lord. It almost never happens, but I liked today's Dustin.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

that's not funny, that's sick (exactly what i came here for though...)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Tomorrow's Macanudo because today's is unavailable for some reason. Comics Kingdom makes no sense.

Dark Side Of The Horse

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

"Sir Karl Raimund Popper CH FRS FBA[4] (28 July 1902 – 17 September 1994) was an Austrian–British[5] philosopher, academic and social commentator.[6][7][8] One of the 20th century's most influential philosophers of science,[9][10][11] Popper is known for his rejection of the classical inductivist views on the scientific method in favour of empirical falsification. "

Well alright then.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 02, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Elsewhere: Technology is incredible!

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
And that is why you don't mess with the person making your food.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The "adventure" in Alley Oop was barely distinguishable from whatever it's been doing since -- just more of the same tepid webcomics snark that's currently ruining Popeye, and I can't really bring myself to give a poo poo. Would much rather see the Hamlin strip again.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

Why not, Charles? This isn't a joke, it's not even proper advice.

You could've had the guy show up to the computer with chocolates and flowers as apology for leaving an angry review!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 28, 1962)

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

TIL that Pickles is their family name. Huh.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/4/04

Brenda Starr 10/5/52

Smokey Stover 2/28/60

Everyday Movies 4/22/37

"I think I should get at least three outfits on account of I'll be in court four days."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/4/43

So is this leading up to Scarlet doing her "invisible conscience" routine again, or what?

Closer Than We Think! 2/28/60

Everybody must get stoned!

Bonus Comic! Spoilered for Native American stereotypes, and presented without comment.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I've bounced off Alley Oop multiple times in my life under different authors. You'd think a serial adventure concept like "a scientist time travels and recruits a caveman for adventures" could be carried by just putting a headstrong brawny idiot with a heart of gold in situations(it's almost beat for beat the default shounen setup) but I've never been lucky enough to see it bear fruit.

Making Alley a graceless jackass written by somebody who really likes shows like Futurama but doesn't get the comedic timing or character building is pure poison.

But maybe, maybe it's coincidence. Surely he's about to be thrown off his throne, get a dose of humility and go to the next adventure, right?!

Aleta: Our path was set by King Arthur.

Val: That's for blind girls! Now here's a route with some chest hair!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 5, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Get dunked on, Leon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't decide if Luann draws herself in the style of the cartoon OR if she drew a photo-realistic depiction of herself and I can't decide which is funnier to consider.

THORN, June 19-29, 1984
Summer 1984: Trapped in Real Life

Jeff notes this is based on his actual summer job this year.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Mexikids rules.

And Luann? Just go back to being about middle school kids. Seriously it would make more sense. All that would have to change is the character design, and that vaguely, probably with more acne complaints.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

don Jaime posted:

Pretend I know how to blur the sword of the guy all the way to the right and I posted a lame edit.

I gotchu, fam.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Diagonal across the Pyrenees is a choice for a road.

Selachian posted:

Bonus Comic! Spoilered for Native American stereotypes, and presented without comment.

Huh.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

goatface posted:

Diagonal across the Pyrenees is a choice for a road.
Half the journey will be uphill and half the journey will be downhill so on average it's completely flat. :downs:

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 5, 2024

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(3/7/1994)

(3/8/1994)

Ziggy

(9/27/1971)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Not Me and Ida Know are rare enough these days, but O. Yeah is practically a bigfoot sighting.

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon doesn't seem to have updated on ComicsKingdom, but here it is fresh from USA Today's comics section. :shrug:

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Val would absolutely go north from Goodsprings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice