Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vandar posted:

How much longer is this season? I've barely played but there's one of the battle pass skins I really want.

I have a ton of v-bucks built up from my crew sub (since I apparently can't cancel that? :v:) so I might just buy the battle pass levels.

Season ends in 8 days I believe.

Chapter 5 season 2 shpuld be 97 days in total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Overbite posted:

When are they gonna bring back the street fighter stuff!!!!!! And also master chief!!!!!

I’m sad I missed out on Lara Croft so bring her back tooo.

And the Resident Evil stuff, which I heard was rumored to come back this month but alas.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

There's a lot of XP hanging out in the quests if you haven't played much this season. If you're not allergic to all the new modes then you can pick up levels pretty quickly through them too; I've barely played Battle Royale this season but Lego scratched an itch in my lizard brain and the 5 levels/day really stacked up quickly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The mosaic Quests have a ton of experience and levels.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Cockblocktopus posted:

There's a lot of XP hanging out in the quests if you haven't played much this season. If you're not allergic to all the new modes then you can pick up levels pretty quickly through them too; I've barely played Battle Royale this season but Lego scratched an itch in my lizard brain and the 5 levels/day really stacked up quickly.

I got 70 levels in the past 2 days on a new account.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My game has started randomly freezing. My drivers are updated and I've verified the files plus deleted the junk like replays. Is there any other obvious thing to look at?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

My game has started randomly freezing. My drivers are updated and I've verified the files plus deleted the junk like replays. Is there any other obvious thing to look at?

When did it start?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I guess we wait longer now.

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1763505828915474758?t=cF8WwUL-b40UdBO76UoHiA&s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

When did it start?

Like Wednesday. Everything's been fine for months.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Like Wednesday. Everything's been fine for months.

Does it happen in match or at the menus?

Edit: if it is happening in a match some file related to thr BR is corrupted. Possibly the map file. I've had this happen. The fix is to delete snd re-download.

If it is in the menus idk.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 1, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Does it happen in match or at the menus?

Edit: if it is happening in a match some file related to thr BR is corrupted. Possibly the map file. I've had this happen. The fix is to delete snd re-download.

Yeah, in the match at random times. I'll give that a shot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive been getting a random freeze/hang too, just in the last week or so. only happens once like 10 minutes after i start playing and then its fine. doesnt happen in any other games

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I've had a few lag spikes lately.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

THE HAND
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1764003272463929521?t=5qbKFCk-dzujMKyl6wMwVg&s=19

Community event to burn through 50 million HP to break the chains and open the box.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

The giant arm gives me Core Knight Talus vibes. Can't wait to see what's inside the chest.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Dead Nerve posted:

The giant arm gives me Core Knight Talus vibes. Can't wait to see what's inside the chest.

Purple hammer rocket launcher and wraps.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Dead Nerve posted:

Peter Molyneux is inside, with a video congratulating the person who got the final hit on it. No, sadly you don't get 1% of the profits in this case.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

THE BOX IS OPEN! THE DAMNED ROAM THE ISLAND!
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1764347297813475643?t=IRRXznlwn5e1KYn_psFbbA&s=19
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1764347868872118566?t=tk0uWe9mOCk7gDpvkclfOg&s=19

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The damned speak!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm ready
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1764697422259753456?t=6sX-OCLjMeAyOmYmJR-BSQ&s=19

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
hit 200 last night, got most of my last levels doing fortnite festival stuff and rocket racing

i think i started with the thought that p much anyone can get to unreal in RR but that's not quite true. it does start to get pretty glacial around diamond. still usually placing 1st-3rd in diamond ii. around plat/diamond is where it started to feel alive, as in i wasn't just effortlessly getting 1st every race. i still get a lot of 1st place finishes, but it's a fight to stay there and competition is fierce. if i push hard every day i can probably hit elite, but i get the feeling i'd top out there

anyway it's really fun, they've cut collision penalties enough that it doesn't feel like poo poo to get knocked around by some other cars, and the races are over pretty fast. honestly a bit too fast considering how long it takes between matches, feels like i'm in game for the same time or less than the time i spend waiting for the next match to begin

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yeah I had the same thought about RR and decided to knock out the rest of the ranks a couple weeks ago, figuring I was plat 1 at the time, so knocking out a rank per day would be an easy grind. Diamond 3 is when I really gave up on that idea, though it does seem like at least in diamond there's a time threshold for each track where if you meet that time you won't lose points regardless of placement, so practicing the tracks I was really bad at in solo made a big difference in my progress. I can't really confirm if the same applies in Elite though because I still haven't gotten past 1%.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I got to diamond and fell off hard because the progression is so slow and it seems like it weighs the "advanced" tracks more heavily at higher ranks.

Which makes sense on paper but all those tracks are just minefields of slowdown zones and feel like poo poo. Woohoo I get to do 1 whole drift per lap and the rest of the time it's a loving obstacle course

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They really need these mosaic tiles to drop in a greater quantity.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

They really need these mosaic tiles to drop in a greater quantity.

Do the ship trick
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLdPAHqN/

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I finally got Fortnite to work on the steam deck, but time was running out this season so I had to cowardly pay my way to Peter Griffin from Family Guy Funniest Moments.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New jam tracks
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765029801776009558?t=A6tYj0jKhuIP6QTTqaJA1A&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765078569523482685?t=Wh0AJVGhVo7hIve664WjZQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765080959194673431?t=SRumUXCYkA-0YRbmf0JVsQ&s=19
Playtesters were asked to vote on what they wanted in the item shop, the list included:
- God of War
- One Piece
- Xena
- Kevin Sorbo's Hercules
- Final Fantasy 7
- Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom
- Halo Wars
- 2 more greek mythology themed collabs

God of War was the highest voted one

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I finally got Fortnite to work on the steam deck, but time was running out this season so I had to cowardly pay my way to Peter Griffin from Family Guy Funniest Moments.

How were you able to get it to work? I tried lutris and heroic and was unsuccessful. I gave up and just played using gamepass on the deck.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it wont work on linux for anti-cheat reasons, at least not without risking a ban, presumably they are booting into windows

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Give me the ALL UNITS emote

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shooting Kevin Sorbo would be fun

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

AYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI

hand it over

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

lostleaf posted:

How were you able to get it to work? I tried lutris and heroic and was unsuccessful. I gave up and just played using gamepass on the deck.

The Microsoft Edge and set it up to Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming trick.

It isn't a fool-proof, especially as you could only go maybe 3 or 4 rounds before low battery. So you'll need to make sure it's charged.

(But I don't have the OLED model so I'm sure your milage may vary)

But I was impressed there wasn't a latency with the jam mode

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol i love my "evil scheming business apple" skin but i do not want fortnite giving kevin sorbo money

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao apple is exercising their monopoly
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1765418013992354029?t=45qMakKOxGuZ3rar9SMHcQ&s=19

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hadnt touched racing since like the first week. turns out they added a bunch of quests which you wouldn’t know if you didnt select the game mode because it doesnt show them on the quest screen otherwise…

so anyway the level of competition in gold isnt quite what it used to be. just had a streak of 10 first places broken

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The Microsoft Edge and set it up to Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming trick.

It isn't a fool-proof, especially as you could only go maybe 3 or 4 rounds before low battery. So you'll need to make sure it's charged.

(But I don't have the OLED model so I'm sure your milage may vary)

But I was impressed there wasn't a latency with the jam mode

Ah I see. I thought you found a secret way to do it. I have the exact same setup. The minimal amount of latency is great.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Epic said gently caress it and dropped season 2 keyart with the new everything lol
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1765754387559780482?t=pv9shO7ZijCeYkAGqC4dFw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mr Hootington posted:

Epic said gently caress it and dropped season 2 keyart with the new everything lol
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1765754387559780482?t=pv9shO7ZijCeYkAGqC4dFw&s=19

Not enough freaks.