Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The comic was fun, I'll watch it if they make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ohF6PmO4o

love this clip.
wolverine toughman act only to get blasted first in the first few secs of every fight
Nimrod looks at Jubilee and Jean attacking him and completely passes over Jubilee and just blasts Jean and goes back to Jubilee when she's the only target left.

Hope they remember to keep Storm's tick of acting like she's casting magic spells in the new episodes. and her claustrophobia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder if they will bring Nimrod back but more like his modern characterization.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wonder if they will bring Nimrod back but more like his modern characterization.

Catty bitch Nimrod is so great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Invincible returns soon, have a trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=k5OY-vXYzeE

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some alleged Caped Crusader leaks:

https://twitter.com/busium336/status/1759306830965309770

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also some character designs, for sure more Golden Age designs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, that Two Face is gnarly.

I am pretty sure I can feel the physical rage over that Harley design from here.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I loving love that Harley design.

My question is what is Wednesday Addams doing here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

Man, that Two Face is gnarly.

I am pretty sure I can feel the physical rage over that Harley design from here.

I actually have more issue with the Catwoman costume, I know it's her old costume, but I always thought it was a terrible costume. Don't like the cape, Batman's cape makes some sense because bats have wings. Cats don't have wings.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

I like it a lot myself, it's an interesting take and looks a lot more "henchperson" in a way.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bunnyofdoom posted:

Natalia is the civilian name of Nocturna a Batman villain that is kind of a vampire.

Edit: She was originally planned to show up in the Batman the Animated Series but as an actual vampire rather than a pseudo one, but the episode was denied because "the story would've involved bloodletting and there were concerns that it could scare children." Paul Dinni made another attempt to use her in the New Batman Adventures, but was denied cause there was now a blanket no vampires rule.

Tim's Design for her.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 4, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Clayface is also clearly based on the original Basil Karlo Clayface

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

My first thought when looking at that Clayface is "original Scooby Doo villain."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like Gentleman Ghost but I feel like it's missing something without the monocle. ...mainly because the monocle has always been kinda silly and I love it for that.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Clayface is also clearly based on the original Basil Karlo Clayface

Just now realizing Clayface is just Boris Karloff/Lon Chaney

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also some character designs, for sure more Golden Age designs.

This single-handedly got me interested in the show. If that is indicative of what we're seeing I'm so in. That Clayface is loving amazing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Based on the above tweet they even brought in fat Alfred from the early comics (who wasn’t a great character to be honest). I like the look of this so far (now if only we could actually get a release date)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 5, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fat Alfred sucked lol

Bumbling jackass

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Shotgun totin' MI5 Alfred rules, kinda hard to accept anything else.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So based on the design motif and what little we know about the series this basically seems like "Brave and the Bold only darker" (which doesn't sound like a bad thing to be honest)

And yeah, going back to the early Alfred design seems like a weird choice (was never a big fan of the original Catwoman outfit either)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I was already sold on the show, you don't need to convince me!

Those look loving great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We've got an infinite number of Batman comics/shows/movies with your standard designs. These makes this show interesting which is something Batman hasn't been for me in a while.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I like it a lot myself, it's an interesting take and looks a lot more "henchperson" in a way.

It’s full-circle to her original appearance, where she was supposed to look stupid, like she bought an off-the-rack dumpy Halloween costume.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
For some reason this even-more-retro look than the original animated series had is weirding me out

although it may almost entirely be that golden age Catwoman design. Are we gonna get yellow bodysuit and purse Batwoman too?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

OnimaruXLR posted:

For some reason this even-more-retro look than the original animated series had is weirding me out

although it may almost entirely be that golden age Catwoman design. Are we gonna get yellow bodysuit and purse Batwoman too?

To be fair The Brave & The Bold used that Catwoman costume too and for that matter that specific Batwoman tpo

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Catwoman had that costume in the mid-1980s, in that stuff drawn by Alan Davis for example! I have that action figure too call me old fashioned.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my primary question is why is Kevin Smith's Epic Serial Killer Guy Onomatopoeia there

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I can dig it, a little reminiscent of that Spot guy being in Spider-Man stuff lately. Gotta throw a recent (-ish) goofball in.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Is that the most realistic Two-Face ever? Guy just looks like a poor dude hosed up by an acid attack and not a dayglo zombie from beyond space.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

With all the classic designs I’m kind of surprised they didn’t go with the blue and gray suit for Batman like Brave and the Bold did

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alaois posted:

my primary question is why is Kevin Smith's Epic Serial Killer Guy Onomatopoeia there

Someone at WB must really like the character because they also showed up in a recent season of Superman and Lois.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The original Batman suit wasn’t blue. It was black and gray with purple gloves. McFarlane just made a toy of it.

Anyway, I love Batman’s original suit and all of these designs. Clayface especially. Harley looks awesome too. I can’t wait!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nanigans posted:

The original Batman suit wasn’t blue. It was black and gray with purple gloves. McFarlane just made a toy of it.

Anyway, I love Batman’s original suit and all of these designs. Clayface especially. Harley looks awesome too. I can’t wait!

Oh? When did the blue cape and cowl from Brave and the Bold and some of the comics first debut then (also looking it up it seems I misremembered and the Adam West suit was also black and gray)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 5, 2024

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The original suit had blue shading and the inside of the cape was blue. I think the whole thing went to blue in the '50s when DC books got more wacky. The Adam West cowl and cap is blue, but a darker blue.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Batman had the blue & grey very early and even the true original has blue if only because of the classic comicbook confusion over how solid black colouring needs highlighting.

Kind of moot anyway since this is only Golden Age inspired and not a 100% faithful recreation of any single specific era.

e:f,b

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
This is what I always think of

The highlights read more gray than blue to me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nanigans posted:

This is what I always think of

The highlights read more gray than blue to me.

On the cover, yes. For the interior art though it's clearly blue.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ah, alright. Never seen the inner art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Early Golden Age DC stuff can be a real hoot if you're able to tolerate the old timey racism and/or sexism that can crop up in them