Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

MJeff posted:

It's not even a uniquely Japanese thing! Its just an extremely basic storytelling technique! That's why crowds all over the world react like crazy when it happens!

Have these people never seen Rocky?!

hulk hogan never gained popularity in his era because the fans all hated the spot where he would just stop selling for his opponent and "hulk up" and then win the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

furthermore if sting and undertaker wrestled then undertaker would have won and sting would have been made to look like a fool by vince

This is what they want. These are people who watched The Monday Night War on the WWE network and think it's a historical documentary of a for-real war.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

the entire concept of a pin makes no sense in a combat sport where strikes are legal and you can win by knockout. any time someone hits their move they should immediately start punching their defenseless opponent in the back of the head

Hangman’s repeated punches to the back of the ref’s head was up there in spots of the night

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

My section got absolutely obliterated by Okada / Slex coming over the rail (edited out of the VOD unfortunately) at an MCW show once and it made it way way more memorable for me. Car crash wrestling owns these people are totally joyless

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

It's not even a uniquely Japanese thing! Its just an extremely basic storytelling technique! That's why crowds all over the world react like crazy when it happens!

Have these people never seen Rocky?!

The only Rocky they have seen is Rocky Maivia.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

closet statist posted:

My section got absolutely obliterated by Okada / Slex coming over the rail (edited out of the VOD unfortunately) at an MCW show once and it made it way way more memorable for me. Car crash wrestling owns these people are totally joyless

Man, Okada randomly showing up in Australia to face Slex Comma The Business ruled.

You just know Slex expected like Nagata or Kojima or Kushida to show up and he flipped the gently caress out when it was OKADA.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yes, but don’t you think it would have been a great Wrestlemania Moment when the loser sting raised undertakers hand after the match?

sting gets the undertaker at wrestlemania but it's the cena/undertaker match

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sting has proven that he’s way out of Taker’s league

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Sting has proven that he’s way out of Taker’s league

taker streak: 21 matches, ended by a sex criminal
sting streak: 30 matches, went out with streak unbroken, surrounded by family and well-wishers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://x.com/_jay2h/status/1764532551031390360?s=46&t=XkSx8WdEiBDDOZ_X7upkoQ

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He wrestles too much like two of the best to ever do it, what a fuckin jabroni

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What does "Japanese Blueprint type beat" mean? And why is a guy from TNA in that tweet?

Also lmao at thinking the master of the German suplex, who also does super spin Blue Thunder bombs and second turnbuckle vertical suplexes doesn't do enough "power moves"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

What does "Japanese Blueprint type beat" mean? And why is a guy from TNA in that tweet?

Also lmao at thinking the master of the German suplex, who also does super spin Blue Thunder bombs and second turnbuckle vertical suplexes doesn't do enough "power moves"

He is saying he should wrestle more like “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Elephant Ambush posted:

"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Shard posted:

loving Achilles' whole thing was no selling and everyone loved that dude

I'm checking his wikipedia page and I guess he must be an indie guy because I looked and WWE didn't appear once. So no, no one loved your favorite flippy dippy guy.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

History Comes Inside! posted:

He wrestles too much like two of the best to ever do it, what a fuckin jabroni

Can we make more people wrestle like kenny?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The best thing about an AEW ppv kicking rear end is that the dumbest people of all time have to reach for so many ways to pretend that this awesome moment was actually bad or this mid match or spot that wasn't clean was the worst thing since WCW 2000.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
When I see a once in a generation talent, I too want to see him wrestle more like a dude who failed to catch on in any wrestling company he ever worked for, and never lived up to his so-called infinite potential

Wait, what the gently caress am I talking about, takesoup should not take a single lesson from Matt Morgan other than “stuttering gimmicks are bad”

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1764518621882237036

imbeciles are really working themselves into thinking it's real glass, lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TinTower posted:

It was real glass. It’s just tempered.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It honestly looked more like sugar glass to me – if you look at the shots where they set the panes up, they're definitely pre-gimmicked and you can see it chunking already – but yeah, it was definitely not plate glass, which is what people think of when you say "real glass".

It's like people complaining about the Jack Perry glass spot, when windshield glass is literally designed to handle the impact of a human body.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sugar glass would have shattered way more easily, especially that one pane that no-sold sting’s first bat shot until he went back and finished it off.

Sugar glass is delicate as gently caress.

It was tempered glass.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

Cry me a river, cheeseman

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

they can complain online about things that are sick as hell or they can shut the gently caress up and go watch Police Story and I choose the latter

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, Darby went out and bought some shower doors, you could see the holes where the handles were installed.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

People are so mad Darby did something cool

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

At first I thought it was sugar glass because of some bigger chunks in the one that the baseball bat broke, but Darby clearly swam in the devil's confetti and that was without a doubt tempered glass. Maybe some kind of safety glass?

And I had to dodge a flying young buck at an aew show as he was loving up his elbow bad enough to be out injured for a while

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

(dead serious) undertaker is a bad wrestler with a memorable gimmick that has more bad matches than good ones and if it wasnt for the streak no one would care. sting meanwhile is badass and has always been cool

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

giant González used chloroform on him it was never a streak

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

This guy was in a group chat I was in and frankly I took pity on him. He is definitely a buffoon but I find it hard to mock him. Haven't thought about him in a while but I know he got divorced, hope he is doing well. Insane dogshit post tho.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(dead serious) undertaker is a bad wrestler with a memorable gimmick that has more bad matches than good ones and if it wasnt for the streak no one would care. sting meanwhile is badass and has always been cool

Tell me when he is telling lies

Taker didn’t have a great match until after big evil :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Tell me when he is telling lies

Taker didn’t have a great match until after big evil :colbert:

The Boiler Room Brawl was great against Mankind

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
:smith:

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1764800536463790523?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1764833065052848585?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Truly the worst thing to happen to pro wrestling was allowing people with strong cardio to join. :smith:

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

"Breaks my heart"
This dude has a broken head.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I like the guy who hasn’t watched wrestling in like 40 years lamenting the death of pro wrestling.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The_Rob posted:

I like the guy who hasn’t watched wrestling in like 40 years lamenting the death of pro wrestling.

and that marine’s name is Jim Cornette

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's either a bot or a dude who only posts during manic periods

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
takeshita could at least be professional and sit straight up and roll his eyes in the back of his head like the legends before him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elephant Ambush posted:

https://youtu.be/t5gY6NXq2-I?si=uCHAAOICVsGdrrkJ