Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

For one maybe I’m insane and have somehow missed how the menu is laid out for the last ~30 hours but synergy abilities have a nice pulsing “click on me” animation like limit breaks do when they’re available, but when they’re not available they’re still a menu option you can go into and just look at for absolutely no reason

If they aren’t available they should just be greyed out like the summon option imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
There just seem to be so many of them and they all have different effects.

Am I right that synergy stuff is the only way to get up to the higher Limit Break levels now?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Thats so you can see how many bars you need for each character on a particular one so you can strategize. You don't need to check the usage criteria of limits or summons.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh that makes sense I guess

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Ohhh I see, I was mistaking the ones that say they "raise your limit level" for them unlocking the next tier, not just giving the bar a boost, disregard my other post!

Edit: Nevermind I am an idiot double, I was right the first time. Second tier limit breaks are unlocked via synergy which is one way to force you to use it I guess.

RichterIX fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 5, 2024

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Volte posted:

Why would you assume a game developed for the PS5 would work on the PS4

lol it was made for ps4 originally and moved over to ps5. There is zero reason for not having a ps4 version other than to sell a ps5

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No I’m pretty sure that is what they do, I have only ever seen the different limit breaks after using one of those synergy abilities

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I wonder if that's just Dynamic doing its thing, Synergy stuff just doesn't come along for me so often, usually only when I'm desperate.

Dynamic difficulty is the same as normal except enemies get adjusted up if you’re a higher level than them. They do not get adjusted down and your character abilities (including synergies) and their needed thresholds are the same. Dynamic just prevents over-leveling.

Others have pointed out that you’re probably confusing the menu synergies with the short cut synergies (which really should have a different name!) The menu ones still shouldn’t pop up that rarely though. You just need to have consumed two ATB charges per character in the combo. If you have characters set to behaviors that charge their ATB fast (normally defensive postures or auto cast magic) it shouldn’t take more than 10 seconds or so to get your first (menu) synergy charge. If you use one that rapidly builds ATB you can normally roll between synergies quickly.

I’m at the golden saucer on dynamic and haven’t seen the game over screen yet, but there have been close calls. While I’d like a bit more challenge, it’s still fun as is. I can’t beat bosses by turning my brain off and button mashing, which is the most important thing.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 5, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One reason why FF16 is actually a superior game to FF7 Rebirth, is that the Moogles in Rebirth are creepy looking motherfuckers and I hate them.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol it was made for ps4 originally and moved over to ps5. There is zero reason for not having a ps4 version other than to sell a ps5

I remember hearing this somewhere. Maybe from Lance McDonald but I couldn’t find a source.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

One reason why FF16 is actually a superior game to FF7 Rebirth, is that the Moogles in Rebirth are creepy looking motherfuckers and I hate them.

I really don't know why they went with that design when everyone agrees Moogles were perfected in 14 and don't need to be changed again.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I like the deranged looking rebirth moogles because they fit into my head canon that moogles are the fey of the FF verse

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I want hosed up moogles with boston accents

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

I want hosed up moogles with boston accents

This would have redeemed them. Instead they were given horrible child like voices. Jezza of OZPOS brings up a good point too though.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

After quickly googling all of the mainline moogle designs I have come to the conclusion that FF9 did it best. 12 also is nice, though a massive departure.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
"what if moogles were koalas" isn't a question anyone was asking but they asked it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

stev posted:

I really don't know why they went with that design when everyone agrees Moogles were perfected in 14 and don't need to be changed again.

They're based on the artwork design for the Choco-Mog Moogle in FF7 basically.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

okay this queen's blood poo poo is extremely up my alley

why did they do this its so good and the music goes so hard its gonna add another 40 hours onto the game isnt it

its gonna be even worse than gwent i can tell

e: also yes these moogles are disgusting abominations and they should have just done the FF14 moogles

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gold saucer ftmfw

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Truly the greatest game of all time

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
It really is

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Augus posted:

gold saucer ftmfw

How are the mini-games?

Playing all the Yakuza games have left me with high expectations on mini-games in any JRPG.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Edible Moogles? Good to eat? Asking for friend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I turned off the quirk system in Pacific Drive (this is an exposed gameplay option so it’s not really cheating) after the car picked up 5 quirks at once, all of which were subtle things I had no chance of guessing. I might turn it back on when I unlock the highest tier of fix station, but spending either a lot of time or a lot of energy trying to come up with “when the car crashes it jerks forward” isn’t my idea of a good time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I said come in! posted:

They are on so many drugs and they are huge assholes about it. At least the moogles in XVI were just casually psychotic, the ones in Rebirth are outright carnivalesque sociopaths. I will destroy the next bitch who put a banana peel in front of me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Issaries posted:

How are the mini-games?

Playing all the Yakuza games have left me with high expectations on mini-games in any JRPG.

Even when you're NOT in the Gold Saucer the sidequests drown you in mini-games, Yakuza-lite activies, and non-sequitor humor situations. It's incredible.

FF7 Rebirth is the gaming version of the Gremlins 2 skit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Impression of my first 15 minutes of Rebirth: What the gently caress is going on

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I'm 24 hours in and just wrapped up the last few things in the juno region.
I keep thinking to myself 'i can't believe I'm actually playing this', it's so wild.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'd just like to say, I love Gremlins 2, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is an even bigger leap to wild comedy/self-parody! And the Dennis Hopper renaissance no less. But I do love the Gremlins saga. I just find Gremlins 1 is really underrated, and it was a dark comedy to begin with, so it's not so shocking to me that Dante decided to go wild a bit with the second one. I think some people don't give Gremlins 1 the proper cred, it's a masterpiece in its own right. If I may.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 5, 2024

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Even when you're NOT in the Gold Saucer the sidequests drown you in mini-games, Yakuza-lite activies, and non-sequitor humor situations. It's incredible.

When you hang out here, you turn into a frog. Because of the reactor. Because of the reactor if you hang out here you turn into a frog. So we hang out here - doing what? Being frogs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Heavy Metal posted:

I'd just like to say, I love Gremlins 2, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is an even bigger leap to wild comedy/self-parody! And the Dennis Hopper renaissance no less. But I do love the Gremlins saga. I just find Gremlins 1 is really underrated, and it was a dark comedy to begin with, so it's not so shocking to me that Dante decided to go wild a bit with the second one. I think some people don't give Gremlins 1 the proper cred, it's a masterpiece in its own right. If I may.

My gf says "Billy, gun" absolutely spot on and I can't stand it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FF7 Rebirth is the gaming version of the Gremlins 2 skit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

non-sequitor humor situations is arguably one of FF7's primary tones so it's very promising Rebirth understands that

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh man the gold saucer is incredible

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just want to quit my job and play rebirth non stop

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same but I don't need an excuse to quit my job

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Lmao they brought back Gilgamesh from ff5. Goty

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think at this point (especially if you include later versions of some games), Greg has been in more FF games than he hasn't

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Into the gregverse

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm playing FF7Remake, which is fun so far. I think I had a free version because of PS+ or something, but I see there's a $20 upgrade in the store and the internet tells me it's a better looking version but is not telling me if it's $20 better looking. Should I pick it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think at this point (especially if you include later versions of some games), Greg has been in more FF games than he hasn't

At this point he has been in every world except 2,3,10 and 16 and 16 still has DLC coming.