Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's a thing at least one people famously did.

He He

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WHAT

JUST

HAPPENED

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1764848285636813099?t=Mtln_ZKW2htx68sxktC0mw&s=19

Imagine desperately wanting to go back to the Fed for this lol but what do I know of the tranquilo lifestyle.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1764848285636813099?t=Mtln_ZKW2htx68sxktC0mw&s=19

Imagine desperately wanting to go back to the Fed for this lol but what do I know of the tranquilo lifestyle.

What a waste, you could have had one third of an entrance in the time they had that match!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

why did his gear get worse?

His coat looks like he's got a giant body and a tiny head like the round-headed Goomba from the 1993 Super Mario movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Heyman’s Hall of Fame induction will be interesting considering they can’t mention who he was managing for twenty years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Heyman’s Hall of Fame induction will be interesting considering they can’t mention who he was managing for twenty years.

Heyman’s induction is a no-brainer, but I’m not sure about your point regarding, um, Big Show and Kurt Angle, the only two people he was managing, like, twenty years ago and absolutely no one else.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

He was managing that Austrian guy too, you know him. Bald. Tear-away suit.

Also CM Punk.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ah yes, Stunning Steve Austrian.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Through the magic of AI video editing we have replaced every instance of b***k l****r on the network with Heidenreich

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Grendels Dad posted:

How do you even chant "Diarrhea Dwayne"? I just can't think of any meter that would make that chantable, it's like wanting to chant Shawn Michael's full real name

To the tune of Bergentrückung.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

To the tune of Bergentrückung.

Best Einstürzende Neubauten song ever!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
He also managed the always hungry Ryback. Who could forget Paul kissing Ryback on the cheek?

(Phone posting but I know someone has the gif.)

<b>Edit:</b> Found it.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 5, 2024

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Just saw a few drones on Twitter suddenly getting excited about AEW because commentary on RAW mentioned Sting's retirement and said it was an epic match, lol. Reminds me of when they made a big deal of Michael Cole finally using the term 'pro-wrestling' on commentary.

Long-Time Lurker fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 5, 2024

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
They really said that? Pretty classy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jeroen posted:

They really said that? Pretty classy.

Michael Cole mentioned Sting's retirement, Pat McAfee started to say it was an epic match and Cole cut him off immediately and started talking about something else lol

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-YUwNlb-tY

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

diarrhea rocky diarrhea

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Suffering Succotash Son or Diarrhea Dwayne Daughter.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

Michael Cole mentioned Sting's retirement, Pat McAfee started to say it was an epic match and Cole cut him off immediately and started talking about something else lol

Lol yeah Cole used this extremely passive language and then the second the word "match " came out of McAfee's mouth Cole instantly moved on.

These people can't even do a simple gesture without coming off like complete psychopaths.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just head sting who formerly wrestled for wwe as sting is about to retire. that'll put butts in the seat

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The closest they came to doing something like that in a classy way was when Don West passed away but even then they couldn't namedrop his company so Cole had to cornily say that he "made an IMPACT". It was a nice moment but.the artificiality that affects every layer of this company is ridiculous.

Acknowledging Sting is nice to a degree but it's being championed by fed fans as this huge moment and win for wrestling when WWE can't even say a guy who wrestled for 40 years had a cool last match. lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if sting truly wanted to retire he would have done so in wrestlemania against the undertaker and put the yougner talent (taker) over, mark

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I do wonder if WWE makes an offer for Sting to do one more run. Even if they won't expect him to do it, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kennel posted:

I do wonder if WWE makes an offer for Sting to do one more run. Even if they won't expect him to do it, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

i think sting learned his lesson from the last time

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait for next Monday when Cole says "That's The Rock, but the WWE Universe calls him Diarrhea Dwayne!"

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gonna laugh when Sting gets continually passed over for an induction into the HoF because they are that loving petty.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Robviously posted:

Gonna laugh when Sting gets continually passed over for an induction into the HoF because they are that loving petty.

he was inducted in 2016

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Alright then, never mind lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The closest they came to doing something like that in a classy way was when Don West passed away but even then they couldn't namedrop his company so Cole had to cornily say that he "made an IMPACT". It was a nice moment but.the artificiality that affects every layer of this company is ridiculous.

Acknowledging Sting is nice to a degree but it's being championed by fed fans as this huge moment and win for wrestling when WWE can't even say a guy who wrestled for 40 years had a cool last match. lmao

Pat literally said it was an “epic match” though so they can say it. Just because Cole changed the subject doesn’t mean Pat’s words never happened.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Pat literally said it was an “epic match” though so they can say it. Just because Cole changed the subject doesn’t mean Pat’s words never happened.

just because someone says something doesn’t mean they were allowed to say it, cmon dog

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think sting learned his lesson from the last time
he did spend this run in his 60s getting thrown on/throwing himself into tables and a pane of glass, so i'll never underestimate wrestler brain

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

just because someone says something doesn’t mean they were allowed to say it, cmon dog

it's important to defend wwe

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pat said it and before he was even done with his sentence Cole hurriedly changed the subject. You can tell Pat wasn't done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaXI0RInTvA

It's nice it was acknowledged at all but I don't think saying that it felt artificial or passive is incorrect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It wasn't to actually honor Sting, it was to make all of their dumbass fans clap like seals and go EPIC GESTURE CLASSY HHH IS COOKIN VINCE WOULD NEVER 😭😭😭 while under no circumstances actually acknowledging that Sting had been wrestling somewhere else for the last four years.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Pat said it and before he was even done with his sentence Cole hurriedly changed the subject. You can tell Pat wasn't done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaXI0RInTvA

It's nice it was acknowledged at all but I don't think saying that it felt artificial or passive is incorrect.

I'll be honest this seems indistinguishable from Cole's normal steamroller style but maybe it's something.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Social media may be bullshit and all but WWE is one of the only major companies to not acknowledge Sting's retirement on their platforms despite owning the vast majority of his career footage as well so forgive me for thinking they may have a vested interest in keeping their garden as walled as possible and for finding it to be lame in the face of, you know, what every other wrestling company is doing

MJeff posted:

It wasn't to actually honor Sting, it was to make all of their dumbass fans clap like seals and go EPIC GESTURE CLASSY HHH IS COOKIN VINCE WOULD NEVER 😭😭😭 while under no circumstances actually acknowledging that Sting had been wrestling somewhere else for the last four years.

Exactly lmao. It's true bare minimum stuff just to get people to go WOW ANOTHER WIN. Silly stuff

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also if they wanted to acknowledge his retirement in a genuine way they probably would've sent some loving footage over.

Thank God NJPW had some stuff.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

MJeff posted:

Also if they wanted to acknowledge his retirement in a genuine way they probably would've sent some loving footage over.

Thank God NJPW had some stuff.

I'm still confused at why no TNA footage was used or maybe the the owl company tried to play hardball with some absurd price for 30 seconds of footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Miching Mallecho posted:

I'm still confused at why no TNA footage was used or maybe the the owl company tried to play hardball with some absurd price for 30 seconds of footage

I dunno but ever since TNA and AAA did that whole WE'RE SUCH GOOD PARTNERS THIS IS THE BEST PARTNERSHIP EVER I've gotten the feeling both are annoyed at AEW. AAA for pretty obvious reasons, TNA I'm not sure why.