Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

emSparkly posted:

I guess you could call Donny a real poll dancer, eh?

gently caress you I’m trying.

RIGGED AND POLL-EN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Automatic Slim posted:

Before the age of modern polling bookies were the metric of election news. Excellent opportunity to make the next election “more interesting.”

Current Vegas bookies have Trump 11/10 on winning, but you might recall that the Trump cult also broke the oddsmakers last time as they kept throwing money away betting on Trump after he alrwady lost. I suspect that the gamblers have become just as ensnared as polls have.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Shageletic posted:

I mean one possible explanation is that enthusiasm is dropping off for Biden in those demos so the only people that are enthusiastic are looking for a change. And maybe some nostalgia of 2020-2022 where we had one of the few periods of savings accruing due to the wild expansion in social welfare programs that was then pulled back right after.

I'm not a poll expert person so take it with a massive grain of salt.

Yes, don’t we all miss 2020-2021, a period of health and economic prosperity

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Here’s another way to look at it - when’s the last time a party performed as well as the Dems post-Dobbs in special/midterm elections and then faceplanted in the General?

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I don't quite see how him drilling burgers down his throat lowers food costs for anyone.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Current Vegas bookies have Trump 11/10 on winning, but you might recall that the Trump cult also broke the oddsmakers last time as they kept throwing money away betting on Trump after he alrwady lost. I suspect that the gamblers have become just as ensnared as polls have.

Trump can ruin gambling institutions he doesn’t even own with just his presence. That’s impressive.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Shageletic posted:

I mean one possible explanation is that enthusiasm is dropping off for Biden in those demos so the only people that are enthusiastic are looking for a change. And maybe some nostalgia of 2020-2022 where we had one of the few periods of savings accruing due to the wild expansion in social welfare programs that was then pulled back right after.

I'm not a poll expert person so take it with a massive grain of salt.

The Fox poll infographic of under 30s had a -8 Biden and +18 Trump swing from '20 to '24. That can't just be enthusiasm.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Here’s another way to look at it - when’s the last time a party performed as well as the Dems post-Dobbs in special/midterm elections and then faceplanted in the General?

In the past, Roe v Wade never got reversed. Here recently though Roe v Wade got reversed by not one, not two, but THREE Supreme Court Justices who all said, under oath, that Roe v Wade was settled law.

THREE SCOTUS Justices lied under oath, about an issue that they were sent and installed to reverse. And they succeeded. And they expect that there would be no backlash at all?

See, my friend, THAT is something that has never happened before, and that is also why polls today do not mean a gently caress.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

kazil posted:

The Fox poll infographic of under 30s had a -8 Biden and +18 Trump swing from '20 to '24. That can't just be enthusiasm.

They stood outside of a gun store and polled everyone who walked by to get a representative sample of America

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Important Monday reminder:

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
How many times are we going to get derailed by a poll lol? We never talk about the numerous polls that show Biden crushing trump, just some right-winger tweets out a poll and the entire thread has a panic attack over a poll that doesn’t align with reality or the last election, 2022 and recent ones this year.

We never talk about how trump can’t get 100% of his own party, just this general idea that republicans will lock in but that doesn’t seem supported at all?

Abortion alone has like 60% support after republicans became the dog that caught the car.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IVF is even more popular than abortion. Dems are planning on inviting a lot of women who have gone through IVF to the state of the union address.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

In the past, Roe v Wade never got reversed. Here recently though Roe v Wade got reversed by not one, not two, but THREE Supreme Court Justices who all said, under oath, that Roe v Wade was settled law.

THREE SCOTUS Justices lied under oath, about an issue that they were sent and installed to reverse. And they succeeded. And they expect that there would be no backlash at all?

See, my friend, THAT is something that has never happened before, and that is also why polls today do not mean a gently caress.

Where's the lie? It was settled law at the time. But once you're on the SC, you get to decide what is and isn't settled law anymore.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they are desperate to shut down any legitimate government action because their side can run entirely on lies. they can stand in a desolate field pointing at the rot and scream "i'm the one who gave you all this treasure by stealing it from the woke mob!" and a hundred million hogs will clap their hooves and vote in droves

remember when there was a minor stock market crash when trump was elected? didn't matter
then, for four years, the stock market was the single most important number ever. that number was at record highs, trump is a genius who is great for the
oh the market crashed even after injecting a trillion dollars into it with a vote that was created and passed in 45 minutes? since when has the stock market ever mattered???
now, oddly enough, you never hear about the stock market, i assume, with old man stupid head in the white house, it's at record lows, the single most iportant number in the history of ever is at record lows because of sleepy joe biden and i *checks numbers* don't care. who has ever cared about the stock market?
and besides, it's only high because of trump.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

fishing with the fam posted:

Where's the lie? It was settled law at the time. But once you're on the SC, you get to decide what is and isn't settled law anymore.

:lol:

Next up: What is even a lie?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
stop the count

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Automatic Slim posted:

Trump can ruin gambling institutions he doesn’t even own with just his presence. That’s impressive.

11/10 is a 47.5% chance to win according to Google. That actually sounds about right, I’ve been saying 50-50 due to the EC.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Still haven't seen a pair of Trump kicks in the wild.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jokes posted:

Yes, don’t we all miss 2020-2021, a period of health and economic prosperity

Based on a confluence of influences, like rent freezes, expanded UI, expanded Medicaid, free school lunches, expanded SNAP, expanded CFTC, and a whole host of federal and state programs, all of which was rolled up and discontinued in 2022 and 2023, people did save more than they have since anyone could remember

Americans soaked that up and immediately started putting it away. Even 600 dollars was held and buried away for a long time afterwards before finally succumbing to higher rent, food costs, etc

We're really good at maximizing even just a bit of help from the government, rare as it is.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Harald posted:

they aren't shipping until july, the guy who paid $9000 at sneakercon has the only pair

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

While apocalyptic whining because suddenly you don't have an iron majority is an American pastime, doing it with the cursed background of TRUMP makes you lose every time

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Lord Packinham posted:

some right-winger tweets out a poll and the entire thread has a panic attack

Thread has a form of PTSD that has gone untreated since 2016.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stink Billyums posted:

they aren't shipping until july, the guy who paid $9000 at sneakercon has the only pair

They're shipping in two weeks.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

afflictionwisp posted:

Thread has a form of PTSD that has gone untreated since 2016.

I started therapy in 2016 and I can tell you that even with treatment, it's still potent.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

kazil posted:

IVF is even more popular than abortion. Dems are planning on inviting a lot of women who have gone through IVF to the state of the union address.

Good, hammer it home.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Harald posted:

And you never will. It was just the latest in the endless train of grifts.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lol

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kazil posted:

Why can't it just be lovely polls taken months before Biden has even started campaigning?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Stink Billyums posted:

MAYBE. nothing says "confident in reelection" by creating a real life kickstarter

it is very on brand for trup "if it's successful i'll do what i said i will. if it fails i have no idea what you're talking about"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Why can't it just be lovely polls taken months before Biden has even started campaigning?

All the kids that called me the F word in XBox Live lobbies have become of voting age.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RE: polls

InsertPotPun posted:

and i *checks numbers* don't care. who has ever cared

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Disco Pope posted:

All the kids that called me the F word in XBox Live lobbies have become of voting age.

The worst part is they did a long time ago and now have kids almost old enough to vote raised up in a house full of gamer rage and doritos.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

Fruity?
Flagellum?
Fuschia?
Fantastic?
Fascist?
Fungus?
Flies?
Fart?
Farfegnugen?

Chickenfucker doesn't start with F

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

You're a total fickenchucker!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
All these loving dipshit polls are giving trump more ammo to cry about rigged and stollen election!!! I sure hope the clicks are worth it

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Lord Packinham posted:

How many times are we going to get derailed by a poll lol? We never talk about the numerous polls that show Biden crushing trump, just some right-winger tweets out a poll and the entire thread has a panic attack over a poll that doesn’t align with reality or the last election, 2022 and recent ones this year.

We never talk about how trump can’t get 100% of his own party, just this general idea that republicans will lock in but that doesn’t seem supported at all?

Abortion alone has like 60% support after republicans became the dog that caught the car.

it just feels so good when the outrage hits the veins

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

All these loving dipshit polls are giving trump more ammo to cry about rigged and stollen election!!! I sure hope the clicks are worth it

the media absolutely thinks they are lol

holy poo poo they love TRUMP

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Since citizen’s united, the media as a whole survives entirely on political spending. That’s why they push the horse race narrative so hard. It has made them hundreds of billions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/sawyerhackett/status/1765034979078164692?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw