Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

its so awesome how the horuthis are beating america not just militarily but also in the propaganda war.

this too imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

got served a truly deranged YouTube ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJSjTo4JYus

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

All that rules lawyering religious stuff is so dumb. Like if you actually believe in your gods, who do you think you're fooling? And if its just a put on for appearances, then why the gently caress do you care about doing it?

there’s literally a religious anecdote where two rabbis do an all out “well ackshually :smuggo:” when addressing god, who basically replies “oh well lmao, guess i got owned”.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Edit

nevermind, fake news

I really wish these stupid undercover neo-nazi twitter accounts who are pretending to be pro-palestine would shut up

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:44 on Mar 5, 2024

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 5:44 AM on Mar 5, 2024

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
adding lumpentroll's time zone to the spreadsheet

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Morbus posted:

A liberal has constructed their entire worldview around the idea that they are a "good person" purely because they follow the rules and aren't mean.

Lots are still mean. They just channel it towards service workers and immigrants.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

lost my job

Saudi with a chance of NEETballs

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

apply for the job of Royalty and see if you can turn things around over there, or at least do donuts in the desert in a maserati

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

people itt question the idf's ability to investigate itself, but clearly they're on the ball when it comes to serious crimes committed by idf soldiers:

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1764425057416180172

These kids are going to face more consequences for cooking a hot dog on Sunday than they ever will for terrorizing innocent Palestinians.

Mama mia!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

some kinda jackal posted:

These kids are going to face more consequences for cooking a hot dog on Sunday than they ever will for terrorizing innocent Palestinians.

Mama mia!

Ngl that’s a spicy meatball imo

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lumpentroll posted:

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 5:44 AM on Mar 5, 2024

more integrity than the nyt fwiw

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tom Guycot posted:

All that rules lawyering religious stuff is so dumb. Like if you actually believe in your gods, who do you think you're fooling? And if its just a put on for appearances, then why the gently caress do you care about doing it?

There's a strain of Jewish theology that God has given us His law to interpret and apply to our lives and it's basically an act of worship to figure out the loopholes in it. The Torah is not in heaven.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

There's a strain of Jewish theology that God has given us His law to interpret and apply to our lives and it's basically an act of worship to figure out the loopholes in it. The Torah is not in heaven.

And anecdotally this is a large part of why Judaism spoke to me when i converted. Questioning everything and "silly" rules lawyering and that leading to deeper questions about the "why" of the traditions and how they make sense to apply or not in a modern pluralistic society, and doing all that in a community is loving rad

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

StashAugustine posted:

I had hitherto lumped shabbos workaround in with stuff like lenten fish fries and soaking, having never heard of this interpretation.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

I always thought it was cool and fun to get randomly invited into orthodox houses to turn on/off lights and stove and stuff

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
can they turn it off? what happens if you turn all their poo poo on and leave

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
basically with the abrahamic faiths they needed a couple iterations to work out the faults. that's why catholicism basically just has guidelines that you can ask for (and receive) forgiveness for transgressing as long as you truly are sorry, and then islam has "no pork, unless it'll save your life" type allowances.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Do you condemn the disruption of aid shipments to Susan?!?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it makes a lot of sense and it’s easy to figure out why.

coastal artillery has always been extremely dangerous for any navy. the hairiest part of the Nazi invasion of Norway was when they alerted Norwegian coastal guns and were almost blasted before they could land.

the cruise missile and ballistic missiles are like coastal guns that can be mounted anywhere and launch attacks from far inland. they’re also way more accurate than gunners. even while not being able to defeat the US navy outright, they’ve strategically nullified it. if the USN was operating at its peak power as a fully operational task fleet, it wouldn’t make a difference. so long as Ansar Allah has any missiles at all they can attack international shipping.

“A ship’s a fool to fight a fort”

e: and for the other stuff, Acts 10:12

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Mar 5, 2024

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

can they turn it off? what happens if you turn all their poo poo on and leave

then they ask someone else to help deal with your legacy of bullshit I assume

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

https://twitter.com/stairwayto3dom/status/1765011371526115603?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hell yeah gramma

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1765025273571942526
Lmao

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
gently caress around and find out :smuggo:

Wait, we're the ones finding out ???

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Guess who did the loving around?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Tom Guycot posted:

It's very Jewish (affectionate).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The US Navy would like to explain but they seem to be having their poo poo pushed in

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

https://twitter.com/aldanmarki/status/1765027822140084676?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Nonsense posted:

The US Navy would like to explain but they seem to be having their poo poo pushed in

So... situation normal for the sailors then.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

looooolllll

god drat what a headline what a loving defeat for america loooolll

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://x.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1764994906290897110?s=20

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

I can't even remember any other time in recent history that the US looked as impotent as they do now with prosperity gurdian. A poor country that's been getting starved and bombed for years has effectively shut down the Red Sea, and the mighty US Army can't do anything about it. God bless the Houthis.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I thought AOC was someone with real political power to do things, but turns out its like asking Britney Spears to condemn the genocide

https://twitter.com/YonahLieberman/status/1764847192575983805

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

I thought AOC was someone with real political power to do things, but turns out its like asking Britney Spears to condemn the genocide

legit despise these worthless liberal freaks they do real damage to leftist movements

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Real hurthling! posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

Communications strategist and movement builder on the Jewish left. Co-founder @IfNotNowOrg. Trainer@Momentum_mvmts @UMichalum. NYC & @LFC. Tweets my own.

lmao this is his twitter banner:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

didn’t see this mentioned but someone cut the red sea internet cables

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/04/business/red-sea-cables-cut-internet/index.html