Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, I liked The Regime too. Great acting though it is kind of funny how this Central European republic is full of names like Herbert and Westgate. Loved the husband’s romantic origin story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
New season of JellyStone! On HBO Max. Ludicrous comedy and absurdism, with appearances this season by space ghost, the Jetsons, Dick dastardly and Muttley, plus some real obscure ones like Goober and the Ghost Chasers.
They’ve made it a true ensemble show which is great, because you get a Cindy Bear episode followed by one with tons of inch high private eye. There’s really not enough time for any character to wear out their welcome.

If you only give a show 12 minutes, make sure you watch S3’s spaceghost con… I’m gonna be thinking about that one for a long time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Started Tokyo Vice last night. Only one episode in and already loving it. In just one episode, they've already started giving me everything I want. Really filling the void left from completing LAD8.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bad news the first episode is by far the best

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Escobarbarian posted:

Bad news the first episode is by far the best

:negative:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

While that's sort of true, it's still good the rest of the way. The second season is really good so far.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

While that's sort of true, it's still good the rest of the way. The second season is really good so far.

Yeah, I reckon the second season's quite good.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Maybe Tokyo Vice does big numbers internationally but if I was them I would tie the second season up with a bow. Zaslav's still got his knife out and it's in that trough of shows that got approved pre-merger in 2019 that have been getting culled after season 2 (Winning Time, Our Flag Means Death, Perry Mason, Avenue 5, etc).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Well Walking Dead episode 2 goes back to doing poo poo that pisses me off.

Sigh.

Still good to see Rick though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ri2biYLeaI
New trailer for the Ripley series. They're billing it as a limited series so I guess they won't be going into the other novels where Tom Ripley continues to be involved in other crimes and totally gets away with it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
For some reason I thought The Talented Mr. Ripley was that movie where death turns into Brad Pitt, so I was completely unfamiliar with the story in the trailer, I might give it a shot purely because of Andrew Scott.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Oasx posted:

For some reason I thought The Talented Mr. Ripley was that movie where death turns into Brad Pitt, so I was completely unfamiliar with the story in the trailer, I might give it a shot purely because of Andrew Scott.

You're thinking of Meet Joe Black, of course

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Started Tokyo Vice last night. Only one episode in and already loving it. In just one episode, they've already started giving me everything I want. Really filling the void left from completing LAD8.

What's LAD8

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Medullah posted:

Underrated movie

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Medullah posted:

No, that was a Disney movie about an unusually large gorilla.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ri2biYLeaI
New trailer for the Ripley series. They're billing it as a limited series so I guess they won't be going into the other novels where Tom Ripley continues to be involved in other crimes and totally gets away with it.

When I read the first sentence. I thought they were making an Alien tv show. I'm so glad that isn't it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, they are making an Alien TV show.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I thought it was about the Believe it or not! dude

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Shageletic posted:

What's LAD8

Not much. What’s LAD8 with you?

Like a Dragon 8: Infinite Wealth

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oasx posted:

They've adapted the books a couple of times. Matt Damon, Dennis Hopper, Barry Pepper and John Malkovich have all played Tom Ripley at one point or another. The books are notable for being pretty gay (for a book from 1955) and for how Ripley keeps getting away with his multitude of crimes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Not much. What’s LAD8 with you?

Like a Dragon 8: Infinite Wealth

Ah cool gotta finish one of those games eventually

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do not bother with Death and other Details if you haven't already started it or wisely quit already.

This is by far the least satisfying conclusion to one any show I've ever seen, Game of Thrones had a better ending, Lord of the Rings if Frodo became Gollumdo and decided to eat fish heads with gollum in a cave for the rest of their lives. The least uninteresting twist is squandered with the main protagonist deciding that she loves rich people and wants to help them maintain their oligarchy because acting against them might hurt innocent people in the process. Nevermind the people the billionaires kill, I guess that's all cool she doesn't care now, but holy gently caress, can you imagine killing one secret cop you were rude to earlier, how could you live with that?

The show goes through all these poo poo to get us to actually root for the supposed bad guy, who turns out to be a badass fighting for good and also Imogen's Mom. Then Imogen and garbage detective congratulate themselves smugly for defeating the anti-billionaire task force.

It's not unusual for a show to end with evil rich people still persisting, it's a fairytale if they all magically lose-- but they chose to have the main character who was down to punish the rich or exploit them, turns around and becomes the one to protect them.

Then they have the nerve to set up a season 2 with Imogene and some b-sides to be the new Scooby gang who go around solving murders and mysteries for the rich.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Khanstant posted:

Do not bother with Death and other Details if you haven't already started it or wisely quit already.

Lol that wrapup So you're a private detective working undercover, you have an amazing memory and never forget a name or a face. You have a dossier of information on every single guest and employee on the mega yacht on which you are conducting a search for someone you believe to be an exceptionally dangerous and skilled killer.

You spot someone you don't recognize on the boat, so you immediately call them out on it, then take no other steps to do anything about it whatsoever?

Idiot deserved to die. So did everyone else who was killed, and most of the people who weren't. Imogen's mom did nothing wrong and Imogen loving sucks for ratting her out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'll keep watching the next season if there is one, because I love some hot garbage, but man that was loving stupid as poo poo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They started to push the idea of Imogen having some kind of Psych power of observation or memory but most of the time it just seemed like a stylish narrative presentation choice. I think they even broke the fourth wall sometimes with it.

I really don't get what the next season is supposed to be, they did nothing to make us root against these billionaire-bullies. I don't know who they chopped up in the season2 setup scene but all indications they're some other jerk escaping justice responsibility for the deaths of many many more for their own personal benefit. Boohoo!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The dead guy they find will turn out to be the world's leading puppy fur producer. Imogene and her crew of misfits will send the animal rights activists who killed him to prison forever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AvatarNetflix/status/1765391893909897350

drat I guess it did numbers

I mean it's kind of a deal where if they're going to make more they have to do it now before the kid that plays Aang is fighting Fire Lord Ozai as a 25 year old

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Extraordinary is back. The first episode was the same old good (so, you know, good) but the second episode is really, really funny.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 6, 2024

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Extraodinary is back. The first episode was the same old good (so, you know, good) but the second episode is really, really funny.

Awesome, glad it kept up the level of season 1.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Good news, I really liked how they adapted the original series.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Extraordinary is back. The first episode was the same old good (so, you know, good) but the second episode is really, really funny.

Yes!! Looking forward to this!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

This show rocks. S2E3 has the most awkward I love you! I've ever seen.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011
Done with childrens hospital, medical police, burning love, newsreaders and ntsf sd suv. what do I watch now?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

HATEPOSTING posted:

Done with childrens hospital, medical police, burning love, newsreaders and ntsf sd suv. what do I watch now?

Review and Angie Tribeca

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Warner Bros. Discovery isn't satisfied with just blackholing TV and Movies. It's moving on to games now.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/03/its-kind-of-depressing-wb-discovery-pulls-indie-game-for-business-changes/

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Was there some licensed music or something in the game?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

HATEPOSTING posted:

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

e: Toast of London too, but that might be harder/more expensive to find at the moment

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 6, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Warner Bros. Discovery isn't satisfied with just blackholing TV and Movies. It's moving on to games now.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/03/its-kind-of-depressing-wb-discovery-pulls-indie-game-for-business-changes/

Jesus Christ it's like they just want to get rid of anything that comes with the risk of any royalty, whether they make more money than they pay out at all. They'd rather lose out on any amount of money if it meant they might have to pay a worker a royalty of a cent about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Extraordinary rules!
I binged the whole season. Episode 7 is a complete highlight.