Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you know what hasn't gone down today?

my book :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost
My parking app wasn't working this morning; clearly this was an attack to keep me from getting in to work and learning about the ongoing cyberattack from Something Awful dot com.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

What pray tell has this champion of society handled

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

She shouldn't be president because she "has no balls to scratch" :lmao:

That loops back around to being hilarious jfc these people. Not because she has no balls, and therefore doesn't have the fortitude - no no no.... because she can't scratch them.

:brainworms:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

His balls mostly

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The destruction of Facebook and similar social media is good for insane conservatives, because... wait a sec

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The man has a point. I do my best thinking whilst scratching my balls.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

RIGGED AND POLL-EN

yeah the first month of spring loving sucks

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

kazil posted:

"shut down facebook and insta for a few hours in the morning" gonna need a big improvement in November

Ah, but what if next time it's all day and now they know they can do it? Who knows what kind of fuckery they'll try and pull -- and I'm wondering how much help they have from chuds stateside.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1765061798200557634/photo/1

Polling.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A generation of trolls has ruined the sanctity of polling!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter cropping is poo poo, here's for anyone that can't/won't click

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I would prefer a president who would not possibly put me in some sort of camp

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL, I'm somewhat of a submarine expert myself:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

did you play iron lung yet?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i mean i've seen the way trump stands, i doubt he can scratch his balls while standing so does that mean he can't be an effective president the 40% of the time he's standing?

19%

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

kazil posted:

Twitter cropping is poo poo, here's for anyone that can't/won't click

isn't all polling 'opt-in'?

or does this mean there are people who reach out to polling companies to give them their opinion? if so, lol.

Bone Crimes fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 5, 2024

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Way to go Mark Suckerberg

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Hmm, I'm not sure we should engage in any unscrewing of polls here. Are we sure these respondents are not all submarine commanders? Feels like we should not jump to conclusions imo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bone Crimes posted:

isn't all polling 'opt-in'?

or does this mean there are people who reach out to polling companies to give them their opinion? if so, lol.

from the article

quote:

online “opt-in” sampling – an approach where people are not selected randomly but are instead recruited from a variety of online sources like banner ads or social media.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Disco Pope posted:

All the kids that called me the F word in XBox Live lobbies have become of voting age.

Then they found out their best friends are all gay and trans while hiding under their desks hoping they're not the one who catches a bullet.

Pretty sure they all grew up with some empathy once they formed bonds with actual people not behind a headset. The voting trends all support that.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Pictured: a millenial Trump voter

lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

madmatt112 posted:

The facial hair. THE FACIAL HAIR.
It's FORGIATOOOOOOOO BLOOOWWWWWWW

I'm glad someone noticed lol.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

madmatt112 posted:

The facial hair. THE FACIAL HAIR.
It's FORGIATOOOOOOOO BLOOOWWWWWWW

A new dimension of lol

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Everyone else is already saying what needs to be said but lol at "posting the full video" and just cutting off mid sentence.

I hope they actually just cut off mid sentence, like the camera person just stopped filming, lowered their camera and they all just looked at each other and said "yeah that's enough of that" leaving the guy flustered realising that he made a fool of himself.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
It seems like they should be including these kinds of gotcha questions in regular polling, and then throw out the respondents who fail the captcha.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I don’t mean to discount the impact of the outage today, but there are definitely some LOLs here.

I’ve said before in these threads that Zuckerberg deciding any political candidate could say what they wanted on FB as long as they paid for it, helped Trump a great deal in 2016 because of the huge amounts of boomers on there.

But the chud party line has been that he’s a censorious, evil dictator.

Now that it went down today, FB is good and necessary again and it’s Nicki Haley and the Deep State taking away one of the most powerful tools the right has.

It’s this splitbrain thing they do that’s the source of LOLs.

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Would love to see this guy try to make instant ramen without any guidence.

Duh, that's what the womens are for.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This feels like a dry run for 'hey, can we just loving break the internet infrastructure', and the answer is lol yes.

Yeah. I don't think it has anything to do with Super Tuesday. This is an infrastructure problem. Either someone pressed the wrong button or pulled the wrong plug as when Facebook accidentally locked themselves out of their own buildings, or it's intentional and someone is probing weak points... Which, this is America. We don't spend money on infrastructure, so lol.

Somewhere out there some chud is going to blame Obama because of "Leave the World Behind."

morningdrew posted:

Cyber attack my rear end they didn't even take out something awful

At the end of all things, when the last lol has been lol-ed, these dead gay forums will survive.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
DownDetector is kinda interesting right now, just to see how many things were affected. Also looks like there was a spike for AT&T, Steam, UberEats, and Zoom a few hours before everything else 'sploded. (Which might just mean they're all on AT&T's infrastructure.)

And apparently Hulu's network just sucks, which is the least unusual thing on there.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

BrideOfUglycat posted:

At the end of all things, when the last lol has been lol-ed, these dead gay forums will survive.

It'll come down to a battle of attrition between SA and fark.

Edit: also Slashdot.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mirage posted:

DownDetector is kinda interesting right now, just to see how many things were affected. Also looks like there was a spike for AT&T, Steam, UberEats, and Zoom a few hours before everything else 'sploded. (Which might just mean they're all on AT&T's infrastructure.)

And apparently Hulu's network just sucks, which is the least unusual thing on there.
imagine being the guy that's first to break the news because you hacked ubereats and got info on who was ordering victory subs and who was ordering defeat hoagies!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It seems like they should be including these kinds of gotcha questions in regular polling, and then throw out the respondents who fail the captcha.

That is a thing pollsters do. Not necessarily submarine commander questions, but stuff that's designed to weed out people picking randomly, trying to intentionally distort polling, or are habitual liars. Pew published that article and they've got a vested interest in saying "everyone else is doing polling wrong, so pay us for your polls", but they do make a good point that these polls aren't being sanity checked. I don't think that accounts for all the strange polling out there lately, though.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I will never get tired of American exceptionalism believing that everything that happens worldwide only affects them.

Facebook and Instagram go down worldwide but this is a deliberate attack on super Tuesday elections which makes no loving sense to me at all.

It's like when inflation was bad worldwide and yet it was entirely biden's fault.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mirage posted:

Beyond their network sucking I swear they don't QC anything. Like the copies of shows/movies they upload to their servers seem to be hosed up sometimes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

Um, :actually: Stockton Rush used the wireless version of the Logitec gamepad, the one that was prone to horrible stick drift and connection issues thanks to Logitech's terrible Bluetooth dongle connectivity :eng101:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I don't see any angle where a wide-spread cyber attack on social media and comms would succeed at anything in a primary competition where both party's candidates are already known.

Vote suppression always helps reactionaries

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
:lol:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1765070256974999696/photo/1

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

"Your honor, have you considered that maybe my client wasn't found guilty?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.