Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was talking about movies with a coworker and they did say they were no longer interested in watching Wonka when I told them it was a musical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i also do not care for musicals

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

So I guess the DC reboot is going to stick with all the costumes being made out of dodgeballs then.

Separately, considering that it is a full clean slate for them, I'm a bit sad that they don't appear to be taking the chance to go for a completely different feel than all the current superhero movies which since X-Men onwards have all been this "what if the real world, but also superheroes?" vibe. This trend for just realism+ rather than attempting to make an actual world that's from the comics and not ours.

I just think a Darwin Cooke, super bright and stylised superhero world would have been different, and neat. I guess we're just not getting an actual Gotham City that isn't just Chicago during a garbage strike for a long time.

I think it's gonna be a continuance of Gunn's previous GOTG, Suicide Squad, Super and Peacemaker. Not afraid to embrace the comic but also trying to throw it into our world and then try to find the interesting/funny from that. So Chicago but you see super people flying around and loving things up

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Perry White seemed like the perfect place for Gunn to force Rooker in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

live with fruit posted:

Jor-El 🤞

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

live with fruit posted:

Bibbo Bibbowski

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Bibbo Bibbowski

SOOPERMAN

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

He'd kill it

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

Bibbo Bibbowski

I stand corrected.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

He'd kill it

drat right he would

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
give me michael rooker zod

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Joe Fisto posted:

Bibbo Bibbowski

Jeff Bridges already played him.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Parkingtigers posted:

Jeff Bridges already played him.

You're thinking of David Huddleston.

Jeff Bridges plays The Dude, aka His Dudeness, aka Duder, aka El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Inkspot posted:

You're thinking of David Huddleston.

Jeff Bridges plays The Dude, aka His Dudeness, aka Duder, aka El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I thought it was the guy from The Office?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I thought it was the guy from The Office?

That's David Mitchell

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's David Mitchell

The writer of Cloud Atlas?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did that Jamie Foxx Spawn movie ever actually get made?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

muscles like this! posted:

Did that Jamie Foxx Spawn movie ever actually get made?

It’s been “round the corner” for about 20 years if you believe Todd mcfarlane *

*(you should never believe Todd mcfarlane)

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It’s been “round the corner” for about 20 years if you believe Todd mcfarlane *

*(you should never believe Todd mcfarlane)

Jason Blum said next year. And Foxx's medical problems probably pushed it back.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Well it turned out not to matter seeing as the movie made a ton of money. It was also a lot of fun.

I literally saw it opening weekend because my girlfriend wanted to see it and I don’t even know why she wanted to see it.

It was fun enough I told a ton of people to see it and a lot of them did and they also told people to see it because that movie loving rules.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Aquaman 2 now that it is on Max and man, this is not a good looking movie. It has that modern day over reliance on green screens. The Amber Heard stuff is super awkward where she just doesn't appear in any scene unless she absolutely has to until they can conveniently write her out. Speaking of writing characters out, Willem Defoe's Vulko gets a one line "he's dead."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The end of Aquaman 2 is very rough. Despite being the villain for like 95% of the movie Black Manta is just kind of unceremoniously dumped so that Orn and Arthur can have some last minute conflict and resolution (which involves a LOT of flashbacks to the first movie.) Also the actual defeat of the villain feels very anticlimactic since it has zero set up and feels kind of tossed off where Arthur just throws his trident at him and that breaks the bad trident and kills the bad guy. Not sure why nobody tried that the first time the guy was defeated instead of just imprisoning him forever.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Watching Aquaman 2 now that it is on Max and man, this is not a good looking movie. It has that modern day over reliance on green screens. The Amber Heard stuff is super awkward where she just doesn't appear in any scene unless she absolutely has to until they can conveniently write her out. Speaking of writing characters out, Willem Defoe's Vulko gets a one line "he's dead."

I love the way the Aquaman movies look. It's way over the top but everything is so washed out these days that something this bonkers is kind of a relief.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Of course it's washed out, the movies are set underwater.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I will say is that it avoids the thing from the first movie where they would keep finding excuses to switch to air when underwater.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/VeraDrew22/status/1765059708036264103?t=ntitKd4OwEhfdTjghaPYAA&s=19
The People's Joker is getting an actual theatrical run

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm glad something that weird is getting a release, but this does not look very good. It has that quality where you can very obviously tell that every single thing is shot in the same room, at the same focal distance, on a green screen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh it's awful, but it's more of a political statement at this point.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
"Absolutely not from Animal Planet or whatever" got a laugh out of me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
RIP to the Madame Web cinematic universe.

Dakota Johnson says she is leaving the franchise (and it definitely wasn't already dead) because "I don’t make sense in that world" and that while it was a fun experience, she is not going to do a second Madame Web movie "or anything else like that" ever again.

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/dakota-johnson-teatime-book-club

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 6, 2024

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The dream is dead.

(She was actually great in it)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
She also seems to imply that Madame Web was supposed to be an entirely different movie when she first signed on and she was tricked into joining the cast and sidelined during production.

quote:

Johnson: It’s so hard to get movies made, and in these big movies that get made — and it’s even starting to happen with the little ones, which is what’s really freaking me out — decisions are being made by committees, and art does not do well when it’s made by committee. Films are made by a filmmaker and a team of artists around them. You cannot make art based on numbers and algorithms. My feeling has been for a long time that audiences are extremely smart, and executives have started to believe that they’re not. Audiences will always be able to sniff out bullsh*t. Even if films start to be made with AI, humans aren’t going to f*cking want to see those.

But it was definitely an experience for me to make that movie. I had never done anything like it before. I probably will never do anything like it again because I don’t make sense in that world. And I know that now. But sometimes in this industry, you sign on to something, and it’s one thing and then as you’re making it, it becomes a completely different thing, and you’re like, Wait, what? But it was a real learning experience, and of course it’s not nice to be a part of something that’s ripped to shreds, but I can’t say that I don’t understand.

Owen: That’s a peaceful place to be in.

Johnson:
That’s why I have my own company. In a movie like that, I have no say about anything.

Johnson: Yeah. I had the LA premiere for Madame Web and then went to Mexico City. I had pneumonia and was on steroids and the nebulizer and doing all these little things, and I was really, really sick and felt horrible. I looked horrible. I was like, Ugh. And then the movie came out and it was… [Pauses.] Like, I can’t take any of it seriously at all. I dunno.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't wait for her DVD commentary track

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just want to know what dumb bullshit Sony told her to get her onboard in the first place

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Opopanax posted:

I can't wait for her DVD commentary track

Do they still do rifftrax

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Spider-Verse people should get her involved somehow.

It is a shame though because I think the casting was solid and all of them could have made good Spider-Women. The costumes didn't look too bad for all the 10 seconds we saw them.

Just more missed chances like how ATJ was a great choice for Magik but was mostly wasted. At least she got to do cool stuff. Nobody in Madame Web got that chance.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just want to know what dumb bullshit Sony told her to get her onboard in the first place

"Here is a dump truck filled with money"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Just more missed chances like how ATJ was a great choice for Magik but was mostly wasted. At least she got to do cool stuff. Nobody in Madame Web got that chance.

dakota johnson got to crash a vehicle into the bad guy like three times!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Soonmot posted:

dakota johnson got to crash a vehicle into the bad guy like three times!

Oh sure, Dakota Johnson does it and she gets applause. I do it and I get jail time. Fuckin hollywood types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

The Spider-Verse people should get her involved somehow.

Are they done filming Deadpool yet?