Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Every mission debuff needs to force-spawn a tertiary objective after the mission starts (so you can't land on top of it) which when you liberate with extreme prejudice clears the debuff. Instead of just being "gently caress you" turn it into a more forgiving "gently caress you if you're too lazy to run across the map".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Yeah more objectives that clear or add effects would be cool. I imagine that will happen over time.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

the trick with the strat scramblers is to always have stuff on cooldown since it can only scramble to a strategem thatks available.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Every mission debuff needs to force-spawn a tertiary objective after the mission starts (so you can't land on top of it) which when you liberate with extreme prejudice clears the debuff. Instead of just being "gently caress you" turn it into a more forgiving "gently caress you if you're too lazy to run across the map".

:yeah:

No notes. Exactly what I want. Or perhaps key it to clearing very similar optional objectives. Like with Atmospheric Spores you need to clear 3 Spore Spewers, or with Scrambled Strategems you need to shut down 3 Jammers or some such. More opportunity to apply cartoonish levels of violence to the Enemies Of Managed Democracy is a good thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

sushibandit posted:

Agreed, also scrambler rather than always being on should just be a random chance of it happening

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Just grab 4 orbitals/eagles on the scrambler so you know anytime you're throwing stuff out it's going to kill. Then it's no stress when it comes down hot.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

ErKeL posted:

Just grab 4 orbitals/eagles on the scrambler so you know anytime you're throwing stuff out it's going to kill. Then it's no stress when it comes down hot.

This is what we ended up convincing a friend to do after they repeatedly cluster bombed us when getting their machine gun/supply pack, because "it takes too long to check what it randomizes to".

I do not like playing scrambler missions with them.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

There is no point at which airstrikes, especially the 500kg bomb, do not make me go booyah irl

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffle House posted:

There is no point at which airstrikes, especially the 500kg bomb, do not make me go booyah irl

I'm kinda soured on the 500kg as all flash and no substance after I realized just how small the area of effect is, but the Cluster Bombs feel like Pure Liberty. Especially because I tend to underestimate just how big the area is and cause lots of friendly fire with them.

It helps that clusters will absolutely delete every unarmored enemy where they dropped. Bugs surging over the hills like a chittering tide? Not for long.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah 500kg is so much fun to look at but more often than not when the smoke clears everything is still standing. It's good for taking out a bunch of enemies at once though.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Warmachine posted:

chittering tide

its very concerning that you appear fluent in their language, citizen

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Clusters and Airstrike are extremely powerful, but honestly going airstrike and orbitals has been better since the eagle has to run through its entire payload before it automatically rearms.

Eagle Airstrike is categorically my favorite stratagem.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

500kg has way too small of an actual effect radius. I really hope it gets a buff.

Airstrike is better in most situations AND you get one more of them.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Same. It just works. Horde of small enemies? Medium-armored enemies? Buildings? Nests? Even heavy-armor enemies, in a pinch? Eagle airstrike does it all folks

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Worf posted:

its very concerning that you appear fluent in their language, citizen

Bold statement for someone inside an Eagle's AO.

jokes posted:

Clusters and Airstrike are extremely powerful, but honestly going airstrike and orbitals has been better since the eagle has to run through its entire payload before it automatically rearms.

Eagle Airstrike is categorically my favorite stratagem.

Use your airstrikes more liberally. It rearms only slightly slower than some of the orbital barrages. loving windmill arm airstrikes at bugs. You can drop them again 3 seconds after and absolutely saturate the battlefield with FREEDOM. Alternating Airstrikes and Clusters on three second intervals 3 times each? Smells like victory to me.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I pretty much always bring

[Eagle Airstrike]
[flex]
[Stalwart or Grenade Launcher]
[Jump Pack or Laser Guard Dog]

If I'm not ramboing, I sometimes swap Stalwart with MG and Grenade Launcher with Railgun.

I don't bring shield pack ever

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I ask only that the barrages fire more shots and that the orbital airburst gets a barrage version

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Fajita Queen posted:

500kg has way too small of an actual effect radius. I really hope it gets a buff.

I want all the mortar, artillery, and other called in explosive buffed to the point that everyone needs to go prone behind cover to survive the explosions.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

If there is a time in the dive when you don't hear the comforting roar of an Eagle's engines overhead, you are failing democracy.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

seeing 30x appear after you cast clusterbomb is the purest dopamine

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

turn off the TV posted:

i like that the raise the flag stratagem deploys a guard dog with a video camera on it that flies around filming it going up

Need patriotic pablum to force feed those fat stupid citizens back on super earth

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Owl Inspector posted:

As good as hipfiring a MG/Stalwart into a choke point at the lowest ROF, watching that lil kill counter tick up and up

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Light show loadout is fun at low levels: Scythe, Laser dog, orbital laser, napalm, flamethrower

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I want all the mortar, artillery, and other called in explosive buffed to the point that everyone needs to go prone behind cover to survive the explosions.

on one hand yes, on the other hand, bad teammates

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

:yeah:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Worf posted:

That just adds to the Fun

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fajita Queen posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if something about its AOE is bugged, but since it's an Eagle and comes in pretty fast it isn't too hard to line things up so that your primary target will be right in the center of the boom(since pretty much any target you'd use it on is either stationary or fairly slow), basically treat it more as a precision tool than the big boom would make you think it should be used as

Also random aside, since Arrowhead were the guys who made the original Magicka they really should stick in an armor and helmet set that's basically just a wizard robe and wizard hat

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Worf posted:

It's called "friendly fire" not "bad fire."

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Hard agree. I love watching the rocket hit, then BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U21Ij1lCvxc

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ZeusCannon posted:

I ask only that the barrages fire more shots and that the orbital airburst gets a barrage version
What gets me is that the airburst is already functionally a barrage it just isn't classed as one so it doesn't benefit from the extra barrage shot upgrade.

Honestly that upgrade is pretty underwhelming and should really affect all orbitals; have all the single shot ones land a second shot directly forward of the beacon to cover more area.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if something about its AOE is bugged, but since it's an Eagle and comes in pretty fast it isn't too hard to line things up so that your primary target will be right in the center of the boom(since pretty much any target you'd use it on is either stationary or fairly slow), basically treat it more as a precision tool than the big boom would make you think it should be used as

Also random aside, since Arrowhead were the guys who made the original Magicka they really should stick in an armor and helmet set that's basically just a wizard robe and wizard hat

A funny little detail on it is that the game clearly wants you to perceive it as a big area flattening boom given that it is a fused bomb. Which implies that the Eagle (at the very least a jet fighter) is dropping it low enough that it needs time to get out of the area of effect before the payload detonates.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Would love to see low gravity on the moon planets. I get kinda annoyed at the limited climbing options, like you can only vault over small rocks and barricades. There are so many building that are just impossible to get on top of.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_le3HEcLFSY

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Warmachine posted:

It's called "friendly fire" not "bad fire."

freedom fire

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Watch the antagonist factions get progressively more “good” until every drop is a nonstop “are we the baddies?” Moment.

Then it is revealed it was the world’s largest sociology experiment and we all failed it badly.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

priznat posted:

Watch the antagonist factions get progressively more “good” until every drop is a nonstop “are we the baddies?” Moment.

Then it is revealed it was the world’s largest sociology experiment and we all failed it badly.

mods?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

priznat posted:

The only thing the other factions are going to get gooder at is dying.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

jokes on you we've been secretly training killer AI robots while playing FPSes for years

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Internet Explorer posted:

jokes on you we've been secretly training killer AI robots while playing FPSes for years

*robot kills me, teabags me, laughs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Scrambler missions suck and my group has already stopped playing them in general. While funny, it's just not a fun challenge to be cycling through your strategems 10 times in a row trying to pull the one you need.

in a fight I just huck my railgun drop at a charger, but in general what it does is makes everyone take forever to do things and just frustrates people.

I think lowering how often it scrambles your poo poo would actually be funnier because people will forget about it and nuke the party even after knowing it's a scrambler mission.