Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Do Euro/non-US/etc pizza places not typically have the "build your own" option?

As a kid my impression was that kind of the whole appeal of pizza was that you put whatever you want on it, and predefined named pizzas on a menu was :tinfoil: weeeird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Grey Cat posted:

Seriously you can't just change one single topping and call it a different pizza otherwise your board looks like... well that.

Pep olive, I call it the grey cat special.
pep olive but i add some crushed red pepper, well that's the spicy grey cat. pep olive but with anchovies? That's the fish delight. And dont get me started on pep olive with buffalo dipping sauce.

Reading this post in the Princess Carolyn voice

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Data Graham posted:

As a kid my impression was that kind of the whole appeal of pizza was that you put whatever you want on it, and predefined named pizzas on a menu was :tinfoil: weeeird

I see this all the time and it makes sense to me. Because of the typical pricing structure with multiple toppings it's a way to offer pizzas with a greater variety- for example I recently had a pizza that had chicken, bacon, pineapple, red onion, and jalapeno that was on special- I can't imagine what a place would charge if you just ordered that as a 5-topping pizza

It makes no sense however to call something with two toppings a (something) because that's a combination any person could order were they so inspired

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Data Graham posted:

Reading this post in the Princess Carolyn voice

:hmmyes:
Accurate.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Data Graham posted:

This is the part of American pizza I miss the most, after moving to Sweden.

Still trying to get a pizzeria here to make a Mexican kebab pizza.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
you probably can. if you order online dont you just click what you want as extra and such?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Data Graham posted:

They do, it's called just telling them what you want.
That doesn't mean you can't also have a big menu with lots of options for convenience.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Most local places I've seen in the US have a standard pizza with whatever size and toppings you want to add for a charge and a set of "signature" or "specialty" pizzas that they keep on the menu. They always have the first option, not always the second.

95% of the pizza I order is "I want this size with these toppings."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I used to order a custom 4 topping (pep sausage shrooms olive) all the time but with lackluster coupons in the last couple years it's consistently been cheaper to take a supreme and remove the onions and green peppers.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Tbf they should charge you more to remove those perfectly good toppings

(depends on the cut I guess, both better be diced and not huge strips that span multiple bites of the slice)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Remove onions? I don't understand, that doesn't look like a valid sentence

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i like red onion on a bbq pizza or tandoori chicken but other than that onions and green peppers are bottom tier toppings. down there with meatball and "Beef"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
onions are my favorite vegetable but raw white onion is just not a good pizza topping!!! No thanks!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

When they specify that it is seasoned beef though... hold on to your hats. Love a beef, bacon, and onion pizza (onions optional)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like sliced meatballs on pizza

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i made tuna salad recently and put in as much onion as i would in a dish that was cooked and boy it hits harder raw

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

I'm not familiar with this fable.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Mozi posted:

i made tuna salad recently and put in as much onion as i would in a dish that was cooked and boy it hits harder raw

Tuna, mayo, celery, salt, pepper... I personally would never add onion

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

its all nice on rice posted:

It's actually a true story, he's taking the ferry over to visit his friend Pizza Rat

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dokapon Findom posted:

Tuna, mayo, celery, salt, pepper... I personally would never add onion

had no celery, was looking for a little crunch

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Mozi posted:

fyi Laoganma crispy chili is (un)surprisingly delicious in a tuna salad.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

dill relish is also real nice in tuna salad. and some shredded carrots, pickled hot peppers, boiled eggs, the sky's the limit!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Peferoni, lök, paprika and bearnaissaus slaps.

Sweden pizza confirmed good.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

"But now we shall both surely die" said the pizza slice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mymla posted:

"But now we shall both surely die" said the pizza slice.

"Yum" said the duckling, "delicious"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Italian sailors are fowl

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Are people really making tuna salad without (spicy brown/coarse) mustard? It's as foundational as the mayonnaise for me. I also like to get some paprika in there. Finely chopped dill pickle is pretty good too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

Are people really making tuna salad without (spicy brown/coarse) mustard? It's as foundational as the mayonnaise for me. I also like to get some paprika in there. Finely chopped dill pickle is pretty good too.
I made an absolutely delightful deli-style potato salad a few months ago for a dinner with friends and the only complaint I heard was about the fact that I'd put a bit of mustard in it. My own whole-grain mustard I'd deliberately made a week in advance. "It's still good though I just never put mustard in it when I make it." What the gently caress garbage are you making???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love mustard. I dip my french fries in mustard. When broke I ate mustard sandwiches.

Coarse ground mustard stays the hell out of my tuna salad.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ReelBigLizard posted:

I think I found the menu of the place our swede is taking us.

Lads, I don't know what half those loving moon words are but I know it's gonna be fuuuuucked.

Can't wait.

"yeah I'll have one large pizza with, uh, *squints* stinka, swamp, bearnoses, with extra paprika"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I put dry mustard powder in potato salad, but not tuna salad.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dokapon Findom posted:

I put dry mustard powder in potato salad, but not tuna salad.

Ooh I'm going to try that. My German friends make it with a little wholegrain mustard, fried lardons and chopped boiled egg on top, it's stunning.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"yeah I'll have one large pizza with, uh, *squints* stinka, swamp, bearnoses, with extra paprika"

I was hesitant on the bearnoses but our Swede insisted and honestly yeah it's great with pizza, like ranch but better.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mozi posted:

When I was young and poor, there was a period of time where my daily meal was:

1. one potato, boiled, roughly mashed with a fork
2. one onion, raw, chopped
3. one can of tuna, mixed in with the above

It got kinda old kinda fast, but somehow I still love the taste of onion.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Intrusive thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC6mzc_uq6k&t=130s

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Raw onions rule. Just french fries with raw onions and ketchup is great. And tuna sallad definitely needs a raw onion chopped into it.

Mymla posted:

They do, it's called just telling them what you want.
That doesn't mean you can't also have a big menu with lots of options for convenience.

Yeah usually I tend to customize an existing pizza if I want something custom. Like I'd like an X pizza but no Y.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Tuna salad usually goes something like

-Tuna
-Mayo
-boiled pasta like macaronis
-Chopped raw onion, red onions are milder
-Salt, pepper, chili powder
-Chopped bell peppers and apples

Parsely or chives might also be added, depends, I never really follow a recipe.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tuna salad is meant to be spread on a sandwich, like chicken salad. Why would you add pasta?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

FFT posted:

Tuna salad is meant to be spread on a sandwich, like chicken salad. Why would you add pasta?

What's actually described is a macaroni salad with tuna, they just dont know wtf they're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Pookah posted:

fyi Laoganma crispy chili is (un)surprisingly delicious in a tuna salad.

it's great on everything. GOAT condiment. but it does really hit harder with fish dishes.

when I was broke, I'd eat rice with laoganma, peanut butter, and a bit of soy sauce. still do sometimes