Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Joe Fisto posted:

Who is this mysterious man?

It's weird to make an Ashley Schaeffer action figure, but at least they have him decked out in plum from head to toe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

A few days ago Preternia posted an image listing them at around $11-$12 MSRP each.

Reasonable!

Nanigans posted:

What an awesome looking figure. I have it on preorder now, but I've never owned a Storm figure before. It says that it's 1:12 scale, but I thought Storm was in the 7" scale? I hope it really is closer to 6" than 7" so it'll fit in my collection easier. But even if not, it looks too good to pass up.

How's the quality and QC on Storm figures?

The few I have (Golden Axe) are incredible, some of the best quality I’ve ever seen in a toy. Enough to justify the cost in my opinion. They are definitely a larger scale than 1/12, closer to like McFarlane DC figures, but I don’t know if all their stuff is huge or just that line or those characters. I would not expect their SF characters to fit with Jada’s SF figures which are pretty small. But I could be wrong, I don’t have any of their stuff other than Golden Axe.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The few I have (Golden Axe) are incredible, some of the best quality I’ve ever seen in a toy. Enough to justify the cost in my opinion. They are definitely a larger scale than 1/12, closer to like McFarlane DC figures, but I don’t know if all their stuff is huge or just that line or those characters. I would not expect their SF characters to fit with Jada’s SF figures which are pretty small. But I could be wrong, I don’t have any of their stuff other than Golden Axe.
Their Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters are the same scale, closer to 1/10 than 1/12. The McFarlane figures are a good comparison; I used a McFarlane Liu Kang figure for my MK/SF figure display and it fits right in size wise, as did the NECA Chun Li (NECA also seems to be about 1/10).

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

The M on the shirt stands for Magneto .
The D on the grave stands for Dracula.

Edit: as for quality on storm figures.
I have one and a shoulder ball broke. It’s an older figure so I’m not sure how common it is (a few others reported the same thing). I do love how they are constructed otherwise.
And yea they are a hair big scaling with Jada.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 2, 2024

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That Ryu owns but it’s totally gonna be 7”.

Joe Fisto posted:

”BSS-MEN, WELCOME TO DARKSABER”

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This guy owns, just bags of presence.

Obligatory group shot!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I wonder why they specifically call out 1/12 on the page then. Conspicuously, no dimensions listed. Oh, well. Getting it anyway. drat the scales.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
'97 Nightcrawler came in. Subtle but nice update over the last version. I need to get him his sword out of storage.

Better look at M-man

Goblin Queen should be here next week!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Every time I see Mags there I can't help but think he should be doing JoJo poses.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I said gently caress it and bought the Animaniacs set at 40% off and preordered the Mezco Ghost Face. Anyone have anything bad to say about the Super7 Animaniacs? I have a week to a cancel obviously lol

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don’t suppose anybody wants to buy some unopened colored Golden Axe skeletons? I’ve been reorganizing and realized I bought the Gold, Silver, and Black versions but I don’t really care for them

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sanschel posted:

I don’t suppose anybody wants to buy some unopened colored Golden Axe skeletons? I’ve been reorganizing and realized I bought the Gold, Silver, and Black versions but I don’t really care for them

In a better world, I would have the money and the space to say yes to this, but sadly no. I am going to content myself with the four matching skeletons I already have, and hold out for some different characters.

For the sake of my wallet and sanity, my plan is to stick to one of each character in one color each, even though all the bad guys showed up repeatedly in a bunch of different colors in the original game. I really just played the first game back in the day, so it's an easy pass on stuff specific to the sequels. I'm still waiting for a good deal on the "Bad Brothers." I'd love to get a matching pair but they're huge and expensive, so I probably can't swing that. I'm absolutely getting that "Heninger and Long Moan" set when they release, then hoping they will make the last few characters from Golden Axe 1. There's just three left I think, the armored knight, female barbarian and the little guy that steals your stuff and drops potions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Someone photoshopped the Figuarts Spiderpunk with some film accurate eyeshadow and lipstick and drat, that looks so much better.

Before

After

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

IG-88 posted:

I said gently caress it and bought the Animaniacs set at 40% off and preordered the Mezco Ghost Face. Anyone have anything bad to say about the Super7 Animaniacs? I have a week to a cancel obviously lol

I've got Pinky and the Brain and really like them. They're bigger than I thought they'd be.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, do air purifiers help with getting rid of dust in a collection room? Would having one reduce the amount of time you’d have to manually dust?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey, do air purifiers help with getting rid of dust in a collection room? Would having one reduce the amount of time you’d have to manually dust?

Dusting is for suckers. The wise collector acquires so many action figures that you put them like a mosh pit on your shelf and then you can’t see any dust.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

A good one should do, yes.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Air purifiers do collect dust, yes. But the only thing that’s gonna keep you from dusting is a door on your displays. There’s a reason Detolfs are so popular.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Hasbro Pulse has kinda crazy deals on a couple of Golden Archive D&D monsters right now, Beholder for $21 and Displacer Beast for $18. Less than half SRP.

I added a few deeply discounted Black Series figures (supporting cast of Andor) until my order qualified for free shipping. (You have to either be a member or spend $75. That's how they get ya.)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hasbro Pulse has kinda crazy deals on a couple of Golden Archive D&D monsters right now, Beholder for $21 and Displacer Beast for $18. Less than half SRP.

I added a few deeply discounted Black Series figures (supporting cast of Andor) until my order qualified for free shipping. (You have to either be a member or spend $75. That's how they get ya.)

Nice. I need some beasties.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Are there any Baulder’s Gate 3 figures yet? Been playing it with my gf and I’m loving it so far.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Are there any Baulder’s Gate 3 figures yet? Been playing it with my gf and I’m loving it so far.

Just 3D print statues that I’ve seen

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

In related news, I got the snowy owlbear action figure for my little niece who loves owls, and she has reportedly been carrying it around everywhere and cuddling it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Just 3D print statues that I’ve seen

Bummer, hope we see some soon

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Lots of money to be made there if they make them.

Probably takes a year to get the idea off the ground, so maybe something to be announced soon?

We all deserve to own a giant minature space hamster.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

Bummer, hope we see some soon

Only if they're anatomically accurate to the ingame.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Big thanks to forums user "funtax" for sending me this great Deadpool figure for the low low price of free!

I can now consider that gap in my collection nicely filled, until the day comes that a better one can be had at any kind of reasonable price.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

New Justaerin Terminators from JoyToy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hope the topknots are articulated

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Ugh, these little bastards are much bigger than I thought.

Having fiddled around with four of them now, two orks and two black legion figs, I'm glad to nab them on sale.

One of the elbow armor plates on the legion terminator snapped/fell off, however it's on a peg and it's nothing a dab of superglue won't fix.

Overall the quality of the paint apps is... good enough. 4/5, really. Couple dots here and there where the paint is chipped or not there at all, but nothing to make me overly concerned. If bbts continues to discount the black legion folks I'll likely snap another one or two.

I was initially turned off by the hollow nature of the weapons, but I quickly came around to them cause otherwise LOL how is the fig supposed to wield a firearm that weighs the same as the toy itself?

Overall satisfaction with the line is a 4/5. Warms the dark, rotted heart of my inner edgelord.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Looks like NECA is going to do some 1st appearance Turtles too. If that’s the case I’ll skip the others cuz gently caress Playmates

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1764699840699596953?s=46

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Long shot but does anyone have the tri sentinel left arm?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok now do Shredder as I am not paying $1000 for him

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Woof, preorders for Figuarts Spider-Punk sold out like gang busters. Managed to snag one on AmazonJP but my preferred amiami was gone in minutes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't own a single bit of Turtles merch yet for some inexplicable reason, I really want the new Inter Milan Turtles sponsored shirts. Go figure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

I don't own a single bit of Turtles merch yet for some inexplicable reason, I really want the new Inter Milan Turtles sponsored shirts. Go figure.

I'm going to be in Milan in just over a month, and want to go to the team store for one of these, so I get it!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Woof, preorders for Figuarts Spider-Punk sold out like gang busters. Managed to snag one on AmazonJP but my preferred amiami was gone in minutes.

BBTS is still taking preorders... for a solid markup. Might even out a bit with shipping I guess.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Hey! I did not order the battle-damaged Mega Man :smith:

Looks like somebody hosed up at the factory, put a big slice across the chest and then they tried to just paint over it.

I have emailed BBTS with the pic attached, and hopefully they will send me a new one.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That sucks :( hope you get the result you're after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Someone owes you a free Cut Man.