Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Still love the soap though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Original Source mint shower gel (first introduced to me by goons as "minty ball wash") is also way less strong than it used to be. Still smells nice.

Many years ago, my then-girlfriend had a shower at my place and I specifically warned her not to get it anywhere near any sensitive areas. Guess what she deliberately did almost immediately?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

goons all about that dr bronner’s. the time cube of soap

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Original Source mint shower gel (first introduced to me by goons as "minty ball wash") is also way less strong than it used to be. Still smells nice.

Many years ago, my then-girlfriend had a shower at my place and I specifically warned her not to get it anywhere near any sensitive areas. Guess what she deliberately did almost immediately?

gf kinky so what

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

thathonkey posted:

idk if its because of the presence or lack of borosilicate or if i just got very unlucky but i dropped a pyrex measuring cup recently and it shattered into 1 trillion pieces. never seen glass shatter so thoroughly. lesson learned... really try not to drop those

Exact same thing happened to my wife back in 2017, so don't worry; they've been poo poo for a while.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Large Testicles posted:

nah, i was there last year. the attendants all wear ipads on their chest in this oddly elaborate, kinda fetishy harness, and while the gas is pumping, they press their chest against the window and blast the volume

For my own sanity, I refuse to believe this.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

It's just the most hosed up thing that an ambulance ride to the ER is like $1,000. Yeah, let's make sure that we have desperate severely injured people on the roads because they can't afford to call 911.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A few years ago I had to go to the ER for a chemical burn on my eye because I dropped my (undiluted) Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap on the shower floor an a stream shot directly into my eye.

Jokes aside, what exactly is the appeal of soap that burns? Is this like hot sauce for your taint?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Time_pants posted:

It's just the most hosed up thing that an ambulance ride to the ER is like $1,000. Yeah, let's make sure that we have desperate severely injured people on the roads because they can't afford to call 911.

I had a stroke (supposedly; the doctors could not actually identify what happened but this is their best guess) on my neighbor's porch a little over a year ago. They found me knocked out, unconscious, and brought me inside to nurse me to health. I was incoherent for almost an entire day, except (so says my neighbor) any time she said, she needs to call 911, I would become very lucid and say NO AMBULANCE! NO!! NO! (she does not drive)

I don't remember that, but yeah I grew up kind of poor and everyone I knew was economically in the same boat, and we all knew of someone whose life was supposedly ruined because of the costs of an ambulance trip. No ambulance for me unless I'm bleeding out.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My favorite thing about Dr. Bronner's is how every hippie that bothers to use soap uses it despite the fact that it's covered in batshit religious crap and I don't think any of them have ever read the bottle.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

LividLiquid posted:

My favorite thing about Dr. Bronner's is how every hippie that bothers to use soap uses it despite the fact that it's covered in batshit religious crap and I don't think any of them have ever read the bottle.

My roommate in college used Dr Bronners and I perused the bottle once while pooping (pre-smartphone, obvs). :stare: That dude was nuts :stare:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Atopian posted:

In other news, after talking it over with friends, an idea re: google making GBS threads up their search:

My amazing plan:

1: Find some search terms that no advertiser wants to see their brand next to, but made of words people might legitimately search, like "gay nazis". Find a few, this could take a while.

2: Search indirectly for big brands also using the terrible terms from earlier, e.g.: "burger restaurant gay nazis" or whatever. Feel free to use operators to make this work, that won't matter.

3: Try to get your screenshot of gay nazi mcdonald's to go viral. If at first you don't succeed, that's what the other terms you thought of are for, like "jizz coated nestle" and "poo poo on my chest azure web services" or whatever.

4: Eventually it will get enough attention - maybe not a lot but enough - for the advertisers to force google to suspend promoted searches on those keywords, regardless of operators. The advertisers are not going to care about any weird squiggles or brackets or booleans, and a giant NOT would just look like protesting too much.

5: You can now search normally by typing your normal poo poo plus your magic words, for example:
train schedule new york NOT "gay nazis". No advertisers will want to touch it. Although obviously it can't fix the search genuinely sucking by itself.

ur welcome

Incidentally, Steps 1-4 are basically what Elon is currently suing Media Matters over in a little babby tantrum.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the "burning" that people think dr bronner's has isn't anything dangerous or unique to that brand. it's just what real soap feels like. most "soap" isn't soap, it's a sulfate-based detergent

Perhaps there's a reason for that

I don't believe in ~*chemicals*~, I use wood ashes like God intended and that's why my hands look like a snake with a bad shed

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 5, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
lol no the burning is not because it's 'real soap' - soap does not automatically assuage your mucous membranes unless there's something in it which does.

the burning is bc of the essential oils loaded into dr bronners for scent. you're not supposed to be putting such things directly on your bits and bootyhole.

the burning is your body letting you know this isn't good

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 5, 2024

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
Boof the loving soap you cowards

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I legit use Bronners peppermint when I shave my sack and it makes my sack feel like it's downhill skiing.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

never tried dr bronner's. my tingly soap experience is denorex shampoo. had an oily patch on my scalp as a child and the pediatrician suggested it. it's like rubbing your head in mint, actually kind of pleasant.

once i dropped a bottle and broke it, and the shower was noticeably cleaner where it ran into the drain

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

same exact box, just with less!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Zamujasa posted:

same exact box, just with less!

I don't think I've ever seen them substitute a lower value item on our deliveries.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
they used to do substitutions where the price was the old item or the new item, whichever was lower (and sometimes it did work out well) but these days i'd rather just turn them all off

safeway's website in general has gotten immensely lovely over the last few months. they brought in a ~third party marketplace~, because what you want when you're buying household groceries is actually foodservice-oriented multi-hundred-dollar mega bulk packs delivered to your door, and they're sprinkled in everywhere without a way to turn them off

in the last month they've started introducing "subscribe and save" (straight off amazon, complete with 5%) except they put it on everything. no, safeway, i do not need to "subscribe and save" to baking trays.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
My local grocery store has in-store pickers for pickup orders, but they make random delivery people pick your order if you are having it delivered.

So if you use that option, you get endless texts from the delivery person going "... uhhhh.... uhhhh.... they don't have the tortillas you wanted. Do you want me to sub it with hot-dog buns? Oh, and they were out of the club-pack of chicken breasts, so I'll sub it with some pepperoni sticks."

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

lol no the burning is not because it's 'real soap' - soap does not automatically assuage your mucous membranes unless there's something in it which does.

the burning is bc of the essential oils loaded into dr bronners for scent. you're not supposed to be putting such things directly on your bits and bootyhole.

the burning is your body letting you know this isn't good

If it "isn't good" then why does it make my butt-hole smell like a candy cane? Sounds pretty good to me.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

My local grocery store has in-store pickers for pickup orders, but they make random delivery people pick your order if you are having it delivered.

So if you use that option, you get endless texts from the delivery person going "... uhhhh.... uhhhh.... they don't have the tortillas you wanted. Do you want me to sub it with hot-dog buns? Oh, and they were out of the club-pack of chicken breasts, so I'll sub it with some pepperoni sticks."

I've occasionally had the in-store shoppers send me a text message asking about substitutions, but only twice out of the probably twenty times we've done pickup recently. It's not common at all, but when they did it was nice to specify an alternate instead of getting wildly different items.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I could never have someone pick out groceries for me. I'm always checking expiration dates and poo poo.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

I could never have someone pick out groceries for me. I'm always checking expiration dates and poo poo.

yeah, even the nicer grocery stores around me often have milk that's a day away from expiration at the front and you have to dig for something with a reasonable date. the other day i was going to get some mushrooms and all of them were moldy

the once grocery store i worked at, we were supposed to go around every night and check dates on stuff that wasn't in the freezer and occasionally i'd find stuff like 4 months out of date. the green ham was a gross one

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 5, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I do not like green ham and eggs, I could not would not on some kegs

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I honestly can't imagine giving up that chore to someone else. Kinda boggles my mind.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If you end up with a bunch of food that expires in 14 hours you have a good excuse to eat all of it in one sitting.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Grocery stores don’t “front” anymore so grabbing the stuff from the back on the shelf doesn’t always mean you’re getting the newest product

I blame employees not having enough time to get their work done. It’s probably also contributing to expired product being chucked out.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I can't speak for everyone but we've only had a few bad items get mixed in (packaging that tore open and month-expired cheese dip, mostly) and we returned it next time for a refund. Not really any worse than doing it ourselves.

redshirt posted:

I honestly can't imagine giving up that chore to someone else. Kinda boggles my mind.

I don't mind the shopping, but between COVID and being pretty unwell physically I'll take it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

I can't speak for everyone but we've only had a few bad items get mixed in (packaging that tore open and month-expired cheese dip, mostly) and we returned it next time for a refund. Not really any worse than doing it ourselves.

I don't mind the shopping, but between COVID and being pretty unwell physically I'll take it.

I get that.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
kinda want to bronner my butthole now, thanks friends

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
There's a bronner party in my pants

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Vampire Panties posted:

My roommate in college used Dr Bronners and I perused the bottle once while pooping (pre-smartphone, obvs). :stare: That dude was nuts :stare:

All one all one ALL ONE!!!!!!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The only time I've had groceries delivered was when I had covid and wanted a bulk flat of sports drink to keep hydrated. Every time I ordered one I just got a six pack at my door because the guy didn't want to carry something heavy.

I don't think they message you about substitutions if the total order cost is less, but on a per-bottle basis it ended up being way more.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Coxswain Balls posted:

I don't think they message you about substitutions if the total order cost is less, but on a per-bottle basis it ended up being way more.

So if I were to order a gallon of milk and they didn't want to carry it, they could just buy a little individual cup and since it's both milk that's totally fine? That doesn't seem right.

If I need X amount of something for a recipe I need that X amount. If someone didn't buy exactly what I ordered then like.... I'd never use that service again. That's amazing.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Like my nuts chewed 5 gum

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm gonna pour in some essential oils and turbocharge my Dr Bs back to the icy hot of yesteryear.

E:

quote:

'A new Planner experience is coming soon to Teams. Learn More.

'We're heading into a new era, where AI is an integral part of the workday.'

:cripes:

Outrail fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 6, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I get my groceries delivered pretty regularly and I've never had any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Hollismason posted:

I get my groceries delivered pretty regularly and I've never had any problems.

correct groceries georg is an outlier and should not be counted