Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

quote:

We Are Reproducing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Val that's not even the Strip, that's the NCR sharecropper farms. You need to keep going into Freeside or down into McCarran to take the monorail.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Wicked Gnomes

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Spectickles

I might pick this one up as well; thoughts? For some reason the art reminds of the old Herman strips a little.

Spectickles, a cartoon primarily about a married couple with, to put it mildly, communication challenges, is an amalgamation of physical traits that author Bill Abbott finds humorous: the deadpan expression and gravity-tugged flesh of Walter Matthau, the powerful presence of Ethel Merman, the glasses of his great-grand-parents and a host of other subtleties.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

GLENN! Who is this scribe? He feels like the kind of person you can rely on to read a mercenary contract or pen an epistle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how did he come up with such a weird name for Glemm

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Is it worth going out when he's having such a good time looking at that bowl of fruit.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Apartment 3-G

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Just kinda contemplating "America wouldn't be discovered yet!" with them pointing out that native Americans would still be living there just two panels later.

For me, the notable part is that the Native Americans have apparently developed cars, airplanes, and banking ... but are somehow incapable of figuring out telephones, movies, and TV. (Plus, of course, there are now elephants and lions in North America.)

Pogo 6/29/52

Archie 10/3-5/49

First appearance (in the comic strips, at least) of Mrs. Beazly?

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/20/77

Boom-Boom looks like he's based on someone. Dean Martin, maybe?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Is it worth going out when he's having such a good time looking at that bowl of fruit.

If this week of nonstop action at Charterstone doesn't end with them having a dinner of shapeless gray and brown blobs at The Bum Boat, I for one will be very disappointed.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

I thought yesterday might be a well-meaning fluke with that panel 2 but nope. You can set your clock to when Jules starts coloring rough draft sketches after the first week of a new storyline.

Did Clay grow a few inches taller in a show of machismo for the handshake? :laffo:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

:golfclap:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Olive & Popeye really, really bugs me today.

I don't even know what's worse, the smugface delivery of Olive's line, or that Emi gave Olive a chin just long enough to deliver it with that smugface.

Our Boarding House, in which Buster's a co-conspirator now, but at least he has realistic goals. Which he probably won't meet this time, either. (April 23-25, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (April 24, 1925)

Dok's Dippy Duck (February 15, 1915)

Technical difficulties kept the trolley from meeting our train today. And as for Lefty, I...um...got distracted again.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

EasyEW posted:

I don't even know what's worse, the smugface delivery of Olive's line, or that Emi gave Olive a chin just long enough to deliver it with that smugface.

Why are they taking her back home on the boat, did the author forget their own story? Does Olive refuse to teach her skill she randomly inherited by deus ex machina unless she can do it in the comfort of her own home?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I wish this could be the thread title.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The thread's favorite ship still being alive is possibly the only good thing to come out of this run. The grins are still terrifying.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Your favorite ship, maybe. My favorite Phantom ship is the Phantom x a story with a loving pulse.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gonna say it, Phantom's been kinda stinky bad for a little while now.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Gonna say it, Phantom's been kinda stinky bad for a little while now.

It used to be awesome, but yeah, that was like ten or twelve years ago. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Phantom should have let the guy promote his brand.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Phantom hasn't been able to regain its momentum since that incredibly long storyline ended.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

DC Money posted:

that's not funny, that's sick (exactly what i came here for though...)

drat, sorry to hear that. Maybe I could interest you in an Old-School Heathcliff

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Selachian posted:

Boom-Boom looks like he's based on someone. Dean Martin, maybe?

That looks very much like Robert Mitchum!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's not gout, I hurt that toe bad when working two years ago, STOP DOXXING ME

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

You're thinking too small kid - cut a small drawer in your shoe that you could fill with beef jerky... Now THAT'S a million-dollar idea!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I hope the twist is that this is her quick excuse to cover her actual pill addiction, but given this is '80s Mary Worth, I know I'll only be disappointed.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Yesterday's Macanudo - Whatever issue preventing it from showing up yesterday must've had something to do with the color profile because the new image url has CMYK in it.

Dark Side Of The Horse

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 03, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Manta Rays don't have stingers, and stingray stingers don't go there! Boo! Boo this man!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Janis!! :mad:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Never thought Janis would be susceptible to the wiles of a lounge lizard.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I'm late in commenting, but in New Flash I love how Azura tries to kill Dale but is pleased when Dale gets rescued. She's in it for the drama, and that rules.

:hmmyes:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 04, 1962)

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

I always forget to post here. In between translating comics and posting them online here and there, I just get confused and become frustrated old man shaking fist at cloud.
I'm also trying to make some cartoons during my 15 minutes commute.
Anyway, I made a patreon now where I post everything; If anyone wants to subscribe (everything is free), I got like 2 subscribers there, and one of them is me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mrfart posted:

I always forget to post here.

Did you mean to post in this thread?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Drimble Wedge posted:

Spectickles

I might pick this one up as well; thoughts? For some reason the art reminds of the old Herman strips a little.

Spectickles, a cartoon primarily about a married couple with, to put it mildly, communication challenges, is an amalgamation of physical traits that author Bill Abbott finds humorous: the deadpan expression and gravity-tugged flesh of Walter Matthau, the powerful presence of Ethel Merman, the glasses of his great-grand-parents and a host of other subtleties.

Ugh, the art is so bad that it completely detracts from whatever the cartoonist is trying to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Picayune posted:

That looks very much like Robert Mitchum!

Good call!

Boti

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/5/04

Brenda Starr 10/6-8/52

Smokey Stover 3/6/60

Everyday Movies 4/23/37

"Duke, I'm sure this medicine is bad for me. After I finish this bottle, I'm not going to buy any more."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/5-7/43

Comic Strips 2024: A Powerful Wench

Now you see why Stamm made a point of mentioning the Snail's car is unusually small. Still, Hippy is clearly one of the Powerful Katrinka's cousins who went bad.

Closer Than We Think! 3/6/60

This one is mostly accurate -- the bit about arterial "trellises" sounds like stents, for instance. Although surgical mesh can have some nasty side effects if it fails.