Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
re: james somerton suicide/engagement bait
he posted a 40 minute youtube video 10 hours ago, pretty productive for a dead guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

His suicide note mentioned he had videos scheduled to post.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

china bot posted:

in his final act of plagiarism, James Somerton was found dead in Adelaide with the phrase "taman shud" written on a piece of paper in his pocket

ngl I kinda want to plagiarize Antoninus Pius' last word

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yeah that was the weirdest part of the thing. His suicide note was more an advertisement for his videos

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
My suicide note would be "tell them I said something cool."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Somerton's twitter was just recently deactivated after his suicide note went live (the note was supposed to go live post-death, according to the text) so i'm suspecting he's alive

also Coffin is a grifter who knows the majority of people won't agree with their takes, they're trying to get those on the fringe. And I can see they achieved his goal of going slightly viral now and people are posting about their fake asian girlfriend story again

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

How could he resist?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'll only find out for sure when some schmuck on youtube reads it to me from his wikipedia page.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Literally his version of being cancelled is "has to get a normal person's job." Again, I hope he hasn't killed himself, but if he did I'm not going to grieve him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

china bot posted:

in his final act of plagiarism, James Somerton was found dead in Adelaide with the phrase "taman shud" written on a piece of paper in his pocket

lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

be sure to like and subscribe, and hit the bell notification button!!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Air Skwirl posted:

My suicide note would be "tell them I said something cool."

I suppose it cant be posted here, can it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm being told that James Somerton only has a day to live. Rip to a legend, I loved his let's plays.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
A suicide note talking about donating proceeds to Suicide Prevention.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Panfilo posted:

How could he resist?

is it technically good that body shape diversity is better?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Somerton's twitter was just recently deactivated after his suicide note went live (the note was supposed to go live post-death, according to the text) so i'm suspecting he's alive

also Coffin is a grifter who knows the majority of people won't agree with their takes, they're trying to get those on the fringe. And I can see they achieved his goal of going slightly viral now and people are posting about their fake asian girlfriend story again

That Coffin tweet got over 100 likes. Which is an order of magnitude more than their normal tweets. This is going to get driven into the ground hard by them.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

PhazonLink posted:

EVEN MOAR BETTERER

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I don't think that's standard issue

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's definitely AI.

rear end Inflated.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
We've had the plastic surgery technologies to make someone AI generated for decades though.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Goodbye cruel world. I blame the guy who pointed out my bullshit. Don't forget to smash that like button and subscribe to my Patreon.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Flesh Forge posted:

be sure to like and subscribe, and hit the bell notification button!!

Engagement from beyond the "grave."

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Air Skwirl posted:

Literally his version of being cancelled is "has to get a normal person's job." Again, I hope he hasn't killed himself, but if he did I'm not going to grieve him.

Yeah, the fact that the note mentioned scheduled videos sounds really loving sketchy as someone who's written one of those before.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

There's no diversity, they're all the same body type, just closer to the average American/human in weight and having a stomach. Even then I really don't think you have have tits and rear end like that in real life, and if you'd like to prove me wrong PM me immediately.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am hearing that on his deathbed James Somerton received the light of Islam and unhesitatingly recited the Shahada. Even now she looks down on the Ummah from the gardens of Jannah. Truly there is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Platystemon posted:

I am hearing that on his deathbed James Somerton received the light of Islam and unhesitatingly recited the Shahada. Even now she looks down on the Ummah from the gardens of Jannah. Truly there is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet!

Been saying this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It looks like news of Somerton has been trending around Twitter for more than half a day, and it’s pretty telling that nobody who knows him in real life has reached out to do a health check just in case they have to deal with him. Everyone just waiting for him to eventually pop back up of his own free will.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Googling the James Somerton stuff got me this nice little vignette

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Platystemon posted:

He's got a real problem with citing hadith though.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Platystemon posted:

didn't realize becoming muslim made you trans, but at least it explains my fifth favorite podcaster

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

china bot posted:

I'll go check Snowtown just in case

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I dont know who James Somerton is and at this point I'm afraid to ask

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fishstick posted:

Gay plagiarist who hates women and jerks it to nazis.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fishstick posted:

he made a bunch of popular videos about gay representation in media that people realized later was just stealing words from other people. If posts here were monetized it'd be like if I posted

Air Skwirl posted:

and somehow got way more money than you for it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hbomberguy, well known speedrunner and annual YouTube maker, did a three hour long video on plagiarism with Somertons' plagiarism being the end. He then donated the earnings from the video to the people that James stole from, including a number of smaller LGBTQIA YouTubers, as well as writers. It resulted in James having multiple not-apology apology videos after he tried to sent it or blame it on his writing partner. It wasn't the first time his theft got pointed out, but it's definitely the biggest media.

Basically he's a homosexual plagiarist who hates women and jerks it to fascists.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

he made a bunch of popular videos about gay representation in media that people realized later was just stealing words from other people.

In 2024 we all live in Ebaums world.

Powered Descent posted:

EVEN MOAR BETTERER

Her bangin bod is the result of the Liefeld diet.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Powered Descent posted:

EVEN MOAR BETTERER

Her pants are just the back half of one of those two-man horse costumes.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

tokin opposition posted:

Hbomberguy, well known speedrunner and annual YouTube maker, did a three hour long video on plagiarism with Somertons' plagiarism being the end. He then donated the earnings from the video to the people that James stole from, including a number of smaller LGBTQIA YouTubers, as well as writers. It resulted in James having multiple not-apology apology videos after he tried to sent it or blame it on his writing partner. It wasn't the first time his theft got pointed out, but it's definitely the biggest media.

Basically he's a homosexual plagiarist who hates women and jerks it to fascists.

His apologies make it seem like he's never been held accountable for anything in the past and isnt entirely capable of understanding the nature of what he did.

Honestly it makes sense for a marketer. He really, really needed a very gentle hand walking him through every bit.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A few days ago I clicked a random video from my recommendations. It turned out to be James Somerton with a name change (James of Telos). I watched about a minute of it out of morbid curiosity. It almost felt like some passive-aggressive bit - it was a fairly standard Somerton video, just with citations at the bottom of the screen for things like the Bob's Burgers Wikipedia page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Skios posted:

A few days ago I clicked a random video from my recommendations. It turned out to be James Somerton with a name change (James of Telos). I watched about a minute of it out of morbid curiosity. It almost felt like some passive-aggressive bit - it was a fairly standard Somerton video, just with citations at the bottom of the screen for things like the Bob's Burgers Wikipedia page.

It might even have been one of his old videos. He put a bunch (all?) of them back up.