Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

drat do I miss bloopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

He went on to say

I really do recommend catching a camrip of Dune and watching the subtitles. Most of the captions were fine, but it absolutely failed on all dune-specific words and names. Chani's name was often "Johnny" and muaddib/Lisa algaib/kwisatz/arrakis/harkonen etc all changed to weird little phrases that changed each time. Scenes where the movie is actually subtitled bc they're speaking Fremen, it just made up nonsense and covered up the real subtitles.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

CaptainBeefart posted:

drat do I miss bloopers

all the kids who were supposed to grow up and become dom delois became josh gad instead

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

all the kids who were supposed to grow up and become dom delois became josh gad instead

This doesn’t make any sense to me but at the same time I totally get it and it seems 100% true

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

you either die a denis villeneuve or you live long enough to see yourself become the martin scorsese

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Khanstant posted:

I really do recommend catching a camrip of Dune and watching the subtitles. Most of the captions were fine, but it absolutely failed on all dune-specific words and names. Chani's name was often "Johnny" and muaddib/Lisa algaib/kwisatz/arrakis/harkonen etc all changed to weird little phrases that changed each time. Scenes where the movie is actually subtitled bc they're speaking Fremen, it just made up nonsense and covered up the real subtitles.

Do you mean the procedurally generated subtitles on like YouTube? Those always gently caress up.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Khanstant posted:

the real movie is hard to understand anyway with all the sci-fi terms and the whisper speak lol

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

kalel posted:

you either die a denis villeneuve or you live long enough to see yourself become the martin scorsese

Let's see you tell a story about organized crime in random settings without it being nearly 4 hours long.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my partner's summary of dunc having only seen part 1 and 2 in short succession and no other adaptations or the books: "paul atredeez nuts learns jedi powers from the bennett greenbeans. his enemies are the hanikins and the sardine cans. he joins the free men, falls in love with chobani, and becomes emperor of the galaxy by knifing ralph nader. the end"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kdrudy posted:

Let's see you tell a story about organized crime in random settings without it being nearly 4 hours long.

Takashi Miike did it three times a year for a decade.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kalel posted:

my partner's summary of dunc having only seen part 1 and 2 in short succession and no other adaptations or the books: "paul atredeez nuts learns jedi powers from the bennett greenbeans. his enemies are the hanikins and the sardine cans. he joins the free men, falls in love with chobani, and becomes emperor of the galaxy by knifing ralph nader. the end"

That’s not the end! That’s not the end at all!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

kalel posted:

Is your "partner" an issue of Mad Magazine, by chance?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

mysterious frankie posted:

I don't know what this is a reference to,

A best of the worst tape where a man who is all coked out reads the panels on slot machines really fast then loses his money

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gutcruncher posted:

A best of the worst tape where a man who is all coked out reads the panels on slot machines really fast then loses his money

From Wheel of the Worst #16, one of the greatest BotW episodes ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1sxc3V0lzQ

Also, one of the episodes that managed to pull off the perfect escalation. Each video they featured was funnier than the one before it.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
That's nothing, nothing, NOTHING.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

LanceHunter posted:

Also, one of the episodes that managed to pull off the perfect escalation. Each video they featured was funnier than the one before it.

How do I not remember this? I semi recently watched all the Best of the Worst episodes too.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kalel posted:

Um, spoilers

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I feel like we need to appreciate that Sony is basically doing the Dark Universe gambit and actually releasing tons of terrible, terrible movies of Z list spiderman movies. Like Universal made like 2 movies and Sony is making at least 5 of these increasingly terrible turds that are almost singlehandedly bringing the comic book movie fad to its long hoped for conclusion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They have another video by the Top Slots guy Jimmy the Scot that showed up as a plinketto option but they didn't land on it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I followed all of his slot tips and also lost all of my money. 10/10 truth in advertising

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

Is your "partner" an issue of Mad Magazine, by chance?

it was funny when my partner said it :(

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

kalel posted:

it was funny when my partner said it :(

You don’t need to take anything I say regarding humor serious. Growing up, I was an avid reader of Cracked.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Watched the three episodes of Shogun that are out. Show owns.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Mordja posted:

it’s so good. finally some good loving tv.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Space Jam posted:

it’s so good. finally some good loving tv.

It's also nice to see that "forests outside of Vancouver" are getting work again.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Mordja posted:

It's also nice to see that "forests outside of Vancouver" are getting work again.

The Stargate thread is over there.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mordja posted:

I also just finished the third ep. It's very good so far

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Somehow that People's Joker movie got through the cease-and-desist orders from WB and is going to theaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9KlASSUq4M

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Just within the movie itself, there's clearly a missing segment early where Paul is told to trek alone across a chunk of desert and back, then Chani joins him and gives some survival tips, and then they're both just taking part in a raid.. That can't have been how it was scripted.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

of course!

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
never not appreciate david lynch gluing speakers to kenneth mcmillans torso

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched dunc part 2 (2024 dir. denis villeneuve) in regal "4dx" aka smell-o-vision

the thing I appreciated on this viewing is that both films end with a main character looking directly in the camera and saying "tune in next time for more wacky adventures with paul atreides and pals"

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

LanceHunter posted:

Just watched this again. What a great episode.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh poo poo Shogun is filmed around Vancouver? Now I gotta watch.

The Terror S2 did some shooting in the park I walk my dogs but I bailed after the first episode so don’t think I saw it onscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/movieboy69/status/1765064893416538282

these guys were great