Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty much. I can’t have like 1 maybe two and I’m done. I don’t know how people can drink a 6 pack of them and tell me it’s good.

There are many variations of IPAs. I have worthless taste and smell (lol) but even to me some IPAs are a totally different beer than others.

The extremely hopped/alcoholic ones are often obnoxious, to me. But something like Founders All Day IPA* (I think it's called a session ipa) is light but flavorful and only 4.x% It's almost refreshing.

They aren't paying me, but they are welcome to!

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh good, three more pages of IPA derail, again.

Posting with great dishonor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hyperlynx posted:

It promises to be just as memorable and thrilling as last time. I for one relished the opportunity to learn that a cloudy 3 per cent bruschetta has superior grits to a hoppy old brown trouser.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I cant find the post/tweet but there's the joke about how there are two types of IPA: Dr. McGillicuddy's Whimsical Hypergalactic Pennyfarthing Moustache Hopstravaganza, and Crimson Heretic's Lupulin Death Jeep Hashish Enema Whip. I'm way off but the spirit is there

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Drink better IPAs.

There are no better IPAs. They're all the same.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's cool to like things and not like other thing. It's also good to try new things! Not all IPAs are bitter but if you still don't like em, that's fine! Also, gently caress you.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Beer makes you fat. Just drink vodka.

Cheers,
The Alcohol Professor.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I have no problem with IPAs. I just wish they wouldn't be 90% of the craft brews in every local supermarket. There's lots of other types!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Not all IPAs are bitter

No, I checked. They're all bitter and they all taste the same.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Just because the IPA nerds make drinking IPAs their entire personality doesn’t mean you have to meet them with equal but opposite fervor

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Just because the IPA nerds make drinking IPAs their entire personality doesn’t mean you have to meet them with equal but opposite fervor

Being unnecessarily contrarian is most of this forum's reason for existing.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Hyperlynx posted:

I bet you don’t even roll your beers first.

poo poo, I bet you don’t even grill your beers. You absolute donkey.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

theflyingexecutive posted:

Like hell it is, it's a monster truck enthusiast site

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm against craft beers.

I don't trust any brewery that's been run for less than 300 years.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Bald Stalin posted:

Beer makes you fat. Just drink vodka.

Cheers,
The Alcohol Professor.

Tequila is better for you technically, I think.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Depending on how you isomerize the alpha acids in your hops you can get something very bitter or something very fruity/floral/light. Just push you hops to the end of your boil and use varieties that give flavours you enjoy, like amarillo or citra or crystal. Or just drink bud light or whatever.

I'll take a jan 6er for being baited into this bullshit.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

theflyingexecutive posted:

not me not my posts right

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Hell yeah

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

are there any good memes (both for and against) about whisk(e)y/bourbon? i'm jealous of the IPA drinkers getting all this attention

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Freaquency posted:

I run into "I hate IPAs" guy constantly, a lot of guys have a weird chip in their shoulder about not enjoying a beverage other people like and feel the need to be super performative about it

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i hate ipas but i don't make a scene about it, just wish it wasn't like 80% of the beer in the stores.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MunchE posted:

I run into "I hate IPAs" guy constantly, a lot of guys have a weird chip in their shoulder about not enjoying a beverage other people like and feel the need to be super performative about it

It's because every time I tell somebody I don't like beer, they don't believe me for some reason and try to convince me my personal preferences are wrong.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

rodbeard posted:

It's because every time I tell somebody I don't like beer, they don't believe me for some reason and try to convince me my personal preferences are wrong.

Doing the same thing the other way seems unproductive but you do you

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's funny, because I don't drink myself, but any time someone finds that out, their reaction is ALWAYS "Oh my god, did you like get drunk and drive through a family or something?!"

Cause the only reason someone wouldn't drink is because they once obliterated a family with their car while drunk.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It used to be the big bitter IPAs that dominated but now it's the new england and oat cream IPAs and man, I can't stand them. As soon as a fad kicks off every brewery tries to make the worst beer possible as they destroy the style in pursuit of a single factor.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Nah you've got it all wrong, its the smokey suddenness of an 0.8% milihop groundswell parchment that really lilacs the embrochure.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Here's my pitch for IPAs: I like how they taste and it's okay if you don't. Give it a try if you feel like it

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Kit Walker posted:

Here's my pitch for IPAs: I like how they taste and it's okay if you don't. Give it a try if you feel like it

Here's my pitch for lagers *throws mug of beer at nerds*

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Large Testicles posted:

i hate ipas but i don't make a scene about it, just wish it wasn't like 80% of the beer in the stores.

I like IPAs, and I still wish that. They're something I like sometimes but I don't want to drink all the time every time I drink beer.

I also like stouts. Even weird heavy sweet stouts. But I also feel this one hard.

Give me some nice rich, mild, roasty stuff like Guinness draft too.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

gently caress beer, I was and still am a Steel Reserve 211 man. gently caress an IPA. $10 gets me wasted

Someone make a meme of that

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

a sexual elk posted:

gently caress beer, I was and still am a Steel Reserve 211 man. gently caress an IPA. $10 gets me wasted

You sound like a Brass Monkey enjoyer, y/n

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Tenkaris posted:

You sound like a Brass Monkey enjoyer, y/n

OE is a light beer

Mickeys is water

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

a sexual elk posted:

There are plenty of Steel Reserve memes.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

obviously the root of this issue is that beards make people annoying as poo poo

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
malt liquor

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

This. I like mostly imperial stouts but locally so few breweries make them so I rarely get to try anything new.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MunchE posted:

Doing the same thing the other way seems unproductive but you do you

At least it's funny cause it's way easier to wind up IPA bros than the other way around.

Mr. Fix It posted:

are there any good memes (both for and against) about whisk(e)y/bourbon? i'm jealous of the IPA drinkers getting all this attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shorts?sJ12c_GEJxs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

What about soda

i like a good sody pop