Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's me. I spent 2500 silver on the broken rear end hoverboard and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

T1g4h posted:

It's okay, you can always grind for the normal one. It just requires *checks notes*

1,200 medal score, 3 Focus Activity package openings, or a Top 10% Nightfall score. And a single Plat gives a whopping 8 medallion score :smithicide:

I got 205k in a nightfall and didn't even break top 20% yet

:stare: I think you gotta Insult to Injury every champion to get top 10%

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

T1g4h posted:

I'm honestly not entirely sure. I think the Focused Activity is on a rotator and also staggered because the next one doesn't even start for another hour and a half and i missed the last one so i have zero clue how that bit works.
How do you tell what's a focus activity? I've tried a couple of the playlists across the top of the tower and made no progress. How do you know it starts in an hour and a half?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
is it crucible? right now? some kind of crucible thing since we're getting bonus valor? could it be that easy?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

neutral milf hotel posted:

Yeah lol the entire community saw that requirement and immediately went hog wild

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

How do you tell what's a focus activity? I've tried a couple of the playlists across the top of the tower and made no progress. How do you know it starts in an hour and a half?

There's a tiny icon in the Tower map screen, just above the row of Guardian Games Playlist activities. Hover over that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gently caress, wait an hour for an activity where you might win one of three packages you need?

They're so loving bad at this. If they wanted to prevent people rushing it, just make it 'win once a day for the duration of GG' and add a catch up mechanic like in iron banner for if someone misses a day.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

gently caress, wait an hour for an activity where you might win one of three packages you need?

They're so loving bad at this. If they wanted to prevent people rushing it, just make it 'win once a day for the duration of GG' and add a catch up mechanic like in iron banner for if someone misses a day.

Reddit's saying that one also isn't recording progress so it doesn't really matter lol

I'm sure they'll toss another free one out later

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’ve opened two of the focus activity packages and neither of them counted for the quest. I think it’s bugged.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Is the hoverboard good enough to pull me away from Helldivers 2?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

do you like having fun or do you want to grind (figuratively) for the ability to grind (literally)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If it helps, you can get a free Diamond Medallion by keeping Twitch open in another tab and wasting 2 hours worth of bandwidth for a Twitch Drop :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The funnest thing about it is flying into the skybox then crashing on the other guy who did that also

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eva looks different this year...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*glint voice* the headless ones!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
SHE'S A HEADLE-- gently caress.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

With the NF score getting min maxed to hell looks like the best way to get the board now is to game the focused activity thing. You need 3 winner packages to complete the quest. One of the 4 GG activities gets tagged as the focused activity for X hours and you pledge by playing it with a class. So you could theoretically wait til a clear winner shows and then pledge with that class to get the win

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

With the NF score getting min maxed to hell looks like the best way to get the board now is to game the focused activity thing. You need 3 winner packages to complete the quest. One of the 4 GG activities gets tagged as the focused activity for X hours and you pledge by playing it with a class. So you could theoretically wait til a clear winner shows and then pledge with that class to get the win

Please, someone tell me the hoverboard isn't actually worth engaging with yet another of Bungie's pointlessly overcomplicated systems. Please.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sunday at work posted:

Please, someone tell me the hoverboard isn't actually worth engaging with yet another of Bungie's pointlessly overcomplicated systems. Please.

It’s insanely cool and good and is going to be used to do all sorts of skips for as long as they let it be.

https://twitter.com/gmeinersYT/status/1765139373077442673?s=20

Additionally: last year GG’s ornament for the class item counts for medallion collection in activities so you can keep your artificed class item.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 6, 2024

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

sunday at work posted:

If poo poo is too much in Destiny 2 just hit da bricks imo. Like nothing in this game is *worth* doing poo poo you don't want to do, and I say this as someone who still enjoys playing the game.

Everything they have now will be either reissued or powercrept soon, that is the way it goes. The hoverboard is neat, but you better believe it's a new thing they're gonna run into the ground with tonnes of versions of. If you don't want to grind then just wait like a month, you'll be fine.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I can't seem to air grind with the new board. It says it is "c", but it doesn't do anything :smith:.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hunters just won the current focused activity so that’s 1/3. There’s now a 4 hour cooldown before the next activity is chosen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mesadoram posted:

I can't seem to air grind with the new board. It says it is "c", but it doesn't do anything :smith:.

You have to be using toggle crouch, not hold to crouch

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Has anybody gotten Wild Style?

I see its damage perks to choose from are One For All, Surrounded and Collective Action, which, whoof.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

neutral milf hotel posted:

Highest score requires insult to injury every champion and major (there are a few captains that count in Hero Glassway.). It has unfortunately been that way since bungie started the scoring thing for guardian games.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Has anybody gotten Wild Style?

I see its damage perks to choose from are One For All, Surrounded and Collective Action, which, whoof.

I have one, Volatile, High Velocity Rounds, Envious Assassin and One For All. It is fun as hell. It's a double fire frame, and with EA loaded you get 3 shots, which is six nades. And usually on shot one you've proc'd O4A, so the next four nades end up with the bonus damage.

I have no idea how practical in hard content it will be, but gently caress it's a fun time.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hunters just won the current focused activity so that’s 1/3. There’s now a 4 hour cooldown before the next activity is chosen.
Hunters won the 1st one as well, so it seems like if you want to keep the board, switch to your hunter and just participate in a nightfall playlist and you'll get a winners pack (there's also a participation pack if your class didn't win).

I'm not sure if they think all of the warlocks are in a big group chat, but it is funny how the text of the activity seems to imply that they want the classes to co-ordinate... somehow?

If they add a catchup mechanic for the other classes so that you just have to hope your class happens to win, peak Bungie.

1200 is way, way too many. I played a few hours this evening and only got about 70, so I think the absolute psycho who came up with those numbers is seemingly expecting players to run the same nightfall multiple times a night for each week of the (3 week?) event? That's deranged behaviour.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is something wrong with class matchmaking for nightfalls? the third player consistently gets dropped

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is something wrong with class matchmaking for nightfalls? the third player consistently gets dropped

Matchmaking in general seems nonfunctional

Bungie hosed it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

haveblue posted:

You have to be using toggle crouch, not hold to crouch

That's annoying, but nothing a key rebind won't fix :unsmith:. Thank you!

Also:

No need to grind now :unsmith:.

Edit: Game keeps randomly crashing now. I think the hover board is breaking the game :nallears:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 6, 2024

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I love the hoverboard and am willing to grind for it, but 1,200 medals is just stupid

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Okay. Trying to get back in the swing of things. But, uh, this game is making it tough.

-Every time I log in I'm thrown into a new campaign starting mission
-First cutscene says Osiris was actually Savathun since he came back. Okay.
-Next cutscene I'm following Osiris on a ship to stop the Herald from reaching the surface of...Neptune, I think? So is this actually Osiris or before the big reveal?
-Next time I log in I'm back in the Dreaming City doing something with Mara and Riven.
-The Riven wish mission is the only one I've been able to complete. Every other mission has ended with my being disconnected from the servers.
-How many kinds of drat Engrams are there now?

I've done the mission with Osiris and the Strand power like 3 times now. Every time I get to the end and meet the Neptune guys, the game disconnects. Tried a couple of other Timeline and Legacy missions, same deal. Every time the mission should be ending, the game disconnects or outright crashes. I'm on a wired connection and no other game is giving me trouble, just D2.

But I ran around the EDZ and Cosmodrome and shot stuff and numbers went up so I'll keep playing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: Game keeps randomly crashing now. I think the hover board is breaking the game :nallears:

Don't load activities with it equipped.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Paracelsus posted:

Don't load activities with it equipped.

I was just doing kick flips in the Cosmodrome :smith:.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I don't get how the Focused Activity winner packages work. I see Hunters won the last one, and I definitely pledged Hunter/participated, but didn't get any kind of winners engram in my inventory? If I actually have to be online when the "winning" happens, that's BS

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Logged in last night to check out guardian games. My character model on the inventory screen was just a giant foot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That’s been happening for at least a year, maybe 2

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I picked up the diamond raid card on the wrong dude. If I abandon it and try to pick it up on my other dude, is it going to let me reacquire it, or is it going to do what I assume it will do and just screw me out of the diamond card for the week?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

I don't get how the Focused Activity winner packages work. I see Hunters won the last one, and I definitely pledged Hunter/participated, but didn't get any kind of winners engram in my inventory? If I actually have to be online when the "winning" happens, that's BS
According to reddit you have to log out and back in after the timer runs out for it to drop.

Don't open it yet because some people are saying the quest is bugged and doesn't count it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Finster Dexter posted:

I picked up the diamond raid card on the wrong dude. If I abandon it and try to pick it up on my other dude, is it going to let me reacquire it, or is it going to do what I assume it will do and just screw me out of the diamond card for the week?

I abandoned it and it looks buyable again in the menu on the same character (I didn't try). So it's probably not going to screw you out of the quest?