Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dip Viscous posted:

If you end up with a bunch of food that expires in 14 hours you have a good excuse to eat all of it in one sitting.

That explains why Americans love it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Outrail posted:

I'm gonna pour in some essential oils and turbocharge my Dr Bs back to the icy hot of yesteryear.

E:

:cripes:

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

That explains why dumbass AI-evangelizing manager was sucking its dick at the team meeting today and saying we all needed to use it going forward. gently caress everything, man.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You can just get some menthol crystals and add them to whatever, like conditioner, it owns and a pound bag only costs like 20 bucks and will probably last for a decade because they're so strong. The crystals melt very easily and you can pour them in anything. The cooling sensation is very nice for the summer and you can make it as extreme (or not) as you want.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Mercury_Storm posted:

You can just get some menthol crystals and add them to whatever, like conditioner, it owns and a pound bag only costs like 20 bucks and will probably last for a decade because they're so strong. The crystals melt very easily and you can pour them in anything. The cooling sensation is very nice for the summer and you can make it as extreme (or not) as you want.

Me, feeling like my junk is going to freeze off in my menthol-saturated jacuzzi:

"Cool. Cool cool cool."

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

:coolzone:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I'm sure they work pretty good for pranks too ;)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

China used to (and might still) have a company that made menthol infused period pads when you really want to feel FRESH AS gently caress

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The old menthol American Spirits were two small filters with menthol infused kitty litter in the middle

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mercury_Storm posted:

I just ordered some. Expect a trip report

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

The old menthol American Spirits were two small filters with menthol infused kitty litter in the middle

They were amazing

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Honestly more day to day interactions should be mentholated

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
nothin beats puttin some Gold Bond on your balls on a hot summer's day

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lol Menthol. Okay Boomers. Koolada-23, WS-23.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Mercury_Storm posted:

The grocery store gopher subbed meth crystals for the menthol I requested...what now?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

anonumos posted:

The grocery store gopher subbed meth crystals for the menthol I requested...what now?

apply it directly to your butthole for a burning sensation and a little pick-me-up

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Outrail posted:

I just ordered some. Expect a trip report

Nice, about a teaspoon of melted menthol crystals per 500ml of conditioner/shampoo or soap is probably about as strong as you'd get from a store-bought product with menthol already in it (I've only seen men's shampoo with it in it before because I guess it's HARDCORE :byodood:). I usually put in like 3-4 tablespoons per 500ml because I like feeling like I put my head in a freezer during and after getting out of the shower.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Like my nuts chewed 5 gum

many are saying this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My coworkers believe the A.I. Will Smith Popeye trailer is real.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Just used the Tubi app for the first time in a few weeks. They updated the app and the only things that have changed are the color scheme and that it now runs like poo poo.

The app logo/icon now looks more like every other logo with purple and yellow text, so its harder to find on my app screen.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

Grocery stores don’t “front” anymore so grabbing the stuff from the back on the shelf doesn’t always mean you’re getting the newest product

Still works for me. I'm always reachin' back and gettin fresher stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AcidCat posted:

Same.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jesus fuckin Christ do Microsoft products ever suck now ("lololol they always did" okay I made the joke). Outlook and Word will just suddenly make an entire line of text invisible until the next key-press, the entire Power Platform suite is barely holding itself together and has a ton of visual glitches and positions objects in Studio view one way and another way when you actually use the app or page, tons of poo poo that is supposed to auto-populate gets stuck loading infinitely, requiring a page refresh, everything God drat application, including the operating system itself is poisoned with AI bullshit, functionality is being stripped out and sold at a premium, and (as has already been mentioned) the greatest transgression of them all: Notepad crashes now.

Like a lot. As much or more than any other Microsoft application. Was it adding tabs? gently caress 'em. They suck. Get rid of them.

It's so tiring. Everything is so God drat tiring.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
So I always mocked the "this is surely the year of Linux on the desktop" people, but for me last year, it was time.

Grab one of those fancy windows-esque types Iike mint or kubuntu and never look back.
Productivity software on them never works quite as well as best-case microsoft, but it also very rarely fights you / changes without warning / tries to gently caress with you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm never goin' back. Every time I have to use WIndows I get loving angry now. I don't know why the hell I stuck with it for so long.

The moment I booted into one of my games in Proton and in ran better than native, I was overfuckingjoyed, 'cause it meant I'd never have to even bother dual booting.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

AcidCat posted:

I guess it’s just stores around me

Even the closest liquour store doesn’t seem to anymore.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Professor Shark posted:

I guess it’s just stores around me

Even the closest liquour store doesn’t seem to anymore.

Well liquor lasts a little longer than bread so it's ok to buy a 2 year old unsold bottle of vodka with dust on it. It'll be fine. Not so much with bread.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
running unmodded Fallout New Vegas on Steam Deck for the first time was shocking lol

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Atopian posted:

So I always mocked the "this is surely the year of Linux on the desktop" people, but for me last year, it was time.
Same.

LividLiquid posted:

The moment I booted into one of my games in Proton and in ran better than native, I was overfuckingjoyed, 'cause it meant I'd never have to even bother dual booting.

I need to take another crack at Linux gaming this year since that's the one and only reason I keep a Windows drive at the ready.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

wash bucket posted:

Same.

I need to take another crack at Linux gaming this year since that's the one and only reason I keep a Windows drive at the ready.
I should warn you: you really have to love tinkering.

My favorite game on Earth is "get game to run on something it likely shouldn't."

Takes me back to editing Autoexec.bat and Config.sys differently depending on which Wing Commander I wanted to play that day.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

LividLiquid posted:

My favorite game on Earth is "get game to run on something it likely shouldn't."

Takes me back to editing Autoexec.bat and Config.sys differently depending on which Wing Commander I wanted to play that day.

Well you know what they say, that's the Price of Freedom.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
:same: I think this year is the year I finally do a linux desktop and actually use it. Have a bigger NVME waiting to install but I have to do the :effort: of lifting and shifting my current install because like hell do I want to remake it again.

LividLiquid posted:

Takes me back to editing Autoexec.bat and Config.sys differently depending on which Wing Commander I want to play that day.

Thaaaat's Linux. The afternoon operating system, as in, it takes an afternoon to figure how to do something that takes 4 minutes in Windows.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's always fun how people will lie to themselves because they want something to be better than it is in reality. While Windows absolutely sucks, so does Mac OS. Linux? Lol stop trolling.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Too tired. :smith:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

operating systems that don’t pester you with boomer news are in fact less suck. sorry if that offends you for some reason

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cerekk posted:

Well you know what they say, that's the Price of Freedom.
:golfclap:

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
Dell sells poo poo with Ubuntu preinstalled and it works great, I use email, a web browser, spreadsheet/word processor, irc, and Signal desktop, and absolutely none of it required the command line

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Duck and Cover posted:

It's always fun how people will lie to themselves because they want something to be better than it is in reality. While Windows absolutely sucks, so does Mac OS. Linux? Lol stop trolling.

Fallout New Vegas DOES run better on Proton than Windows, but I have no reasonable way of proving it :saddumb:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

maybe try nobara? it’s mostly preconfigured for all of the game stuff. only needs tweaking for edge cases for the most part
https://nobaraproject.org

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If it doesn't sound fun, don't bother.

Personally, when I run out of projects to tinker with, I get quite sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

LividLiquid posted:

Modem initialization strings as a gatekeeper to online gaming would fix 99.999999% of complaints