Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he isnt talking haley types. but i think some will bend the knee to trump. depends i guess.

I'm not trying to bully you, it's just that my heart is black as coal when it comes to "prior Trump voter will see the light".

I want you to be right. My SOUL wants you to be right.

e: everyone scroll down, this is a worthless snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Drowning in student loan debt due to compounding interest, but doesn't support debt forgiveness.

I mean it wouldn't be the first time, Kyrsten Sinema has about as much student debt as the median borrower (though hers is probably from law school and that might change the statistics)

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

The new North Carolina voter law is bad in general, but also baffling that they included a provision that bans the state from counting any mail-in or early votes until after all the election day votes are counted.

That just seems bizarre and not even a shameless power grab or partisan thing like the other provisions.

It's to make it seem like more of a steal if Democrats win because they 'won' on election night. Look at how many votes they cheated into existing!

Thinking about when there was the clip of trump voters going "stop the vote!" when they were up in one state and "count every vote!" when they were behind in another last time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'm not trying to bully you, it's just that my heart is black as coal when it comes to "prior Trump voter will see the light".

I want you to be right. My SOUL wants you to be right.

e: everyone scroll down, this is a worthless snipe

lol. i dont think its all of them. i just think their are alot of quiet moderates out there who are scare shitless of all the GOP psycho poo poo.

Astarael
Jun 20, 2006

Shammypants posted:

She's incoherent and interviewing her was meaningless. Like it would have been useless to interview many Americans who can't wipe their butt let alone think about their circumstances rationally.

From long experience in the r/relationships thread, there are an alarming amount of men who refuse to wipe or even wash they rear end, in the fear it might be or turn them gay. Toxic masculinity in its many and various forms! Also many, many depressing stories of women posting about their male partners becoming increasingly abusive and reactionary after listening to Andrew Tate/getting redpilled/was always that way actually/etc.

Kinda ties into earlier polling posted about the gender split happening currently, with women leaning more and more left and men leaning more and more right.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Astarael posted:

From long experience in the r/relationships thread, there are an alarming amount of men who refuse to wipe or even wash they rear end, in the fear it might be or turn them gay. Toxic masculinity in its many and various forms!

Reminder that one of the very early tenants of the Proud Boys, which they pretend never existed these days, was that wiping your rear end was unacceptably homoerotic.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
The thing I am dreading with the election season warming up is the fucksticks and their endless loving trump flags flying off everything.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Reminder that one of the very early tenants of the Proud Boys, which they pretend never existed these days, was that wiping your rear end was unacceptably homoerotic.

It's also really important to avoid masturbating above once a month, which is an excellent social exercise in how you lie to other dudes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cimber posted:

The thing I am dreading with the election season warming up is the fucksticks and their endless loving trump flags flying off everything.

some goons are posting how 2020 and other years had don merch all year around but this year it seemed to have died off.

like yeah theres probably going to be a influx after the RNC, not to mention dems who hate peacocking once again asking"why no signage?".

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

I was mostly talking about the part where she says she is "empathetic to people looking for a better life" because she used to be one, but also wants to bring the hammer down on those people.

She needs health insurance, but votes for politicians who have prevented Medicaid expansion in her state.

She says she thinks that 2017-2021 were times of economic prosperity, but also the worst economic years of her life and maybe it was all an illusion because she can't trust her own memory.

She is pro-LGBT rights and pro-choice and seems to think Trump supports those positions because he is "for small government."

Drowning in student loan debt due to compounding interest, but doesn't support debt forgiveness.

It's less about prioritizing certain issues and more that she seems to be unable to trust her own memory and doesn't seem to link any public policy to impacts on her specific life circumstances.

Well, that's how it is. She doesn't think to herself "well, I guess I'm prioritizing some issues over others". She rationalizes it so she doesn't feel like she's voting against those other issues.

2017-2021 were the worst economic years of her life because she opened up a small business and then her husband died. She thinks that if Trump brings economic prosperity for businesses, then not only will her economic circumstances improve, but she'll also be able to afford paying off her student debt and getting health insurance.

She's empathetic to people needing a better life, but thinks that the US government simply cannot afford to give everyone a better life, and thus needs to carefully limit and prioritize the benefits it provides to have any chance of helping anyone.

She doesn't explicitly say these exact things, but she implies them pretty heavily with the kinds of things she does say, so I'm willing to make that small leap because these are all pretty common beliefs among voters. It's not that they don't think that public policy affects their lives, it's that they don't think public policy is capable of doing the things the Democrats promise. They believe that generous public assistance programs are simply beyond the capabilities of government, or can only be done by inflicting economic ruin on people who aren't poor.

As for the pro-LGBT rights and pro-choice stuff, she doesn't say that she thinks Trump supports those positions. She just lists them as examples of things she supports, along with small government. She doesn't associate them with Trump at all. In fact, just the opposite. She isn't bringing them up as commentary on Trump, she's bringing them up as commentary on herself, to demonstrate to the reporter that she doesn't agree with all of Trump's positions. She brings them up when she's telling the reporter that even though she's voting Trump, that doesn't make her a "Trumper".

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kith posted:

y'all ever wonder if america is a lost cause

i do not wonder

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Shoving dildos up your rear end to own the libs however is not unacceptably homoerotic, at least according to Proud Boys founder and Terrorist Leader Gavin McInnes.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Angry_Ed posted:

Shoving dildos up your rear end to own the libs however is not unacceptably homoerotic, at least according to Proud Boys founder and Terrorist Leader Gavin McInnes.

Yeah but this a guy who thinks being the pinnacle of masculinity involves dressing like you run Nutall’s #10 Saloon.

What did you expect?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Anno posted:

Eh maybe? Doing so while getting another (R) elected - which seemed very possible - I would think would be 100% what her future employers would want.

Polling was consistently showing her pulling more votes from the Republican than the Democrat. Some Republican bankroller probably promised her a board seat if she stepped aside.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Haley actually wins a state, beats Trump in Vermont

Uncommitted sitting over 20% in Minnesota, including a straight a third of Ilhan Omar's district.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Adam Schiff owns.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Kalli posted:

Haley actually wins a state, beats Trump in Vermont

Uncommitted sitting over 20% in Minnesota, including a straight a third of Ilhan Omar's district.

Yeah, here in MA it's about 10% and in NC it looks like 12.5%. Not sure how that compares to prior years, or how clearly the message was spread in any given state, but hopefully Biden addresses it and commits to doing something meaningful about the situation in Israel.

I don't think it will translate to him losing votes in the general at the same rate or anything like that, but it's a pretty clear message of displeasure expressed in a way that shows people are motivated enough to organize politically, so if it is ignored it will probably result in escalation and at least some level of lost voters even if it's not mathematically convincing compared to who would be lost by holding the opposite stance.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just heard Biden lost American Samoa in the primaries. Grim days for Biden indeed.

Anyway Haley says she isn't dropping out yet so seemed super tuesday didn't change anything really.

Unsurprising.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

No matter what happens in the rest of 2024, there are gonna be some smug as poo poo Republicans in Vermont.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

Adam Schiff owns.

???

edit: he's actually terrible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What did Adam Schiff do that allegedly owns?

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Both Schiff and Porter would make great Democratic senators and it's a shame we can't have both.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Just heard Biden lost American Samoa in the primaries. Grim days for Biden indeed.
Hilarious that Bloomberg won the American Samoa primary in 2020. They're just trolling, I think, which I'll allow.

In other news, Trump wants Israel to wipe Gaza off the planet.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-israel-finish-problem-gaza-1234981038/

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 6, 2024

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

BougieBitch posted:

Yeah, here in MA it's about 10% and in NC it looks like 12.5%. Not sure how that compares to prior years, or how clearly the message was spread in any given state, but hopefully Biden addresses it and commits to doing something meaningful about the situation in Israel.

I don't think it will translate to him losing votes in the general at the same rate or anything like that, but it's a pretty clear message of displeasure expressed in a way that shows people are motivated enough to organize politically, so if it is ignored it will probably result in escalation and at least some level of lost voters even if it's not mathematically convincing compared to who would be lost by holding the opposite stance.

In 2012 (the last one with a presidential incumbent that you can compare to), Uncommitted got 20%, so Biden improved on Obama’s by 7.5%. In MA, Uncommitted got 5%. Voting isn’t done in MA, but it is projected to be around 9%, so he lost compared to Obama by 4% so far.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Kchama posted:

In 2012 (the last one with a presidential incumbent that you can compare to), Uncommitted got 20%, so Biden improved on Obama’s by 7.5%. In MA, Uncommitted got 5%. Voting isn’t done in MA, but it is projected to be around 9%, so he lost compared to Obama by 4% so far.

So basically this whole "vote uncommitted" movement remains a nothingburger.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Rust Martialis posted:

How much it matters seems to depend on precisely how strongly you can convince yourself that the normal value would be 0%.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It sucks that Barbara Lee, a legitimately good candidate, finished 3rd among Dems.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Haley has dropped out.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1765339085055439280

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Boooooooooo you coward!!!!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

It really depends if it translates from primary into general votes and where those votes are, for example uncommitted in a very blue state isn't going to do a lot whereas in a purple state it could be important. Ultimately it's all reading tea-leaves though.

Biden outperforming Obama in North Carolina is a good thing for him given that the state is one that can swing blue but did not in 2012.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

She won Vermont.

There are no mountains left to climb.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
American Samoa is clearly just protesting the lack of award nominations and commercial success of the movie about them, Next Goal Wins. All Biden's fault

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

haveblue posted:

What did Adam Schiff do that allegedly owns?

Lots of things. The latest thing he did that owns is he made you mad.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

quote:

won't endorse Trump yet

ah yes the standard operating procedure we remember from the conservatism in denial phase

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

What was the uncommitted vote in Minnesota in 2012?

B B
Dec 1, 2005

small butter posted:

What was the uncommitted vote in Minnesota in 2012?

There was a caucus in 2012, so it's not super comparable. Uncommitted had 3.7% of the vote, though:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_United_States_presidential_election_in_Minnesota

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kchama posted:

Maybe worth noting though that the 2012 MA Democratic Primary was much lower turnout (a little under 150 thousand voters as opposed to over 550 thousand)

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Staluigi posted:

ah yes the standard operating procedure we remember from the conservatism in denial phase

I might rent a high speed camera to record the microseconds before she gets over it and starts kissing his rear end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It sucks that Barbara Lee, a legitimately good candidate, finished 3rd among Dems.

It sucks that Lee and Porter split the progressive vote and handed it to Schiff.

https://twitter.com/dabbs346/status/1765362255854530756

Lol this is the CT carpet-bagger (second in a row) running for GOP senate in PA.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Scags McDouglas posted:

I might rent a high speed camera to record the microseconds before she gets over it and starts kissing his rear end.

:getin: