Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Facebook/Instagram are back. Our long national nightmare is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PostNouveau posted:

Facebook/Instagram are back. Our long national nightmare is back

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
Edit: ehhh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I used to be that way but then once i was like "okay Vicodin it is" and after I took one I was like "fuuuuuck this is awful why would you do this for fun?"

Kinda lol everyone knows that from House but actually probably a good idea to get it wrong so people inevitably trying to imitate him will find it's actually pretty hard to have a Vicodin habit

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

l337 hax0rz

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm vocal and demanding of assistance, but it's not because I'm half-Jewish, it's because I'm a pussy loser bitch.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol at the pain must be shared and validated with others one.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/socialaskan/status/1765031704073216112?s=20

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Lmao you don't need a computer to make a Gom Jabbar, simple electronics can do that.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
I've decided that I'll make one for my next electronics project, I'll call it the Grover Jabbar

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you don’t have homemade Gom Jabbar, store‐bought is fine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We have gom jabbar at home.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

withak posted:

We have gom jabbar at home.

gom jabbar at home: cardboard box with mouse trap inside

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gom Jabbar at home:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
we all just off the cuff say dumb poo poo without thinking but lol can you become what i presume is an adult human poster and literally never be injured or harmed in any way at any point? or maybe just so uncreative and having no ideas computer is everything in the cyber reality

kind of disturbing tbh who are these people what would that even be
do they know of books that are not in computers
if i had a book you couldn't get online would i appear to be an irl wizard or just a lunatic

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
gom jabber is the poison needle not the pain box :mad:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
put yor goddamn hand in the goddamn Box o' Pain!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

gom jabb's monster

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

uber_stoat posted:

put yor goddamn hand in the goddamn Box o' Pain!

gom around! gom around!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

you can kill anything at jabbar.gom

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

gom jabber is the poison needle not the pain box :mad:

no one cares

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

can we gom much jabbar? (so jabb)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

TACD posted:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the box is just https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_grill_illusion and paul is a giant wimp

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TACD posted:

My brain automatically applied the voice to this when reading this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lets see you ride a sandworm

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
sorry, my worm riding requires subscribing to my onlyfans

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TACD posted:

lmfao

030524_3
Mar 5, 2024
One line, Go!

communism and social inheritance of an artificial intellegnce system?!

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I know for a fact that textbook was still in use in 2019 at least. A nursing student I was friends with had it for class.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Facebook Aunt posted:

Remember 1995? You could talk to someone on the other side of the world for free almost instantly. It felt like anything was possible.

And this is what we did with it.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

mycomancy posted:

I accidentally caught someone lying in an interview. Had a guy claim to run a biochemistry service core facility at the same university where I did my Doctorate, and I had strong ties in that department but had never heard of this dude, whose resume said he and I overlapped. Sent an email to a friend still at that uni, and turns out the dude was like the lowest level employee in that facility, and he wasn't on good terms at that point.

So yeah, sometimes people check.

good job, officer, do u want a loving medal or what

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

tokin opposition posted:

unless it's a woman, in which case it's probably not that bad and she's just on her period - every male doctor ever

basically every doctor ever, when a woman reports pain. blew my naive mind the first few times i witnessed it, a real "r u loving kidding me right now" type moment.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
A funny thing my mom told me about taking me to the doctor when I was a child is that once "native american" was in my medical records the doctor stopped telling her that I needed to be less fat

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Consolidated Ed posted:

basically every doctor ever, when a woman reports pain. blew my naive mind the first few times i witnessed it, a real "r u loving kidding me right now" type moment.

if you are a woman or have darker skin or a young white man or you complain about pain too much or never or not enough or get flagged by an AI cause your dog got a ketamine injection once or you had n overprcribing doc ??? modern pain mgmt is fun poo poo.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I had a male doctor ask if I might be pregnant once

Pretty sure I don't have the parts for it but who knows

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I believe in you

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I saw a documentary with Arnold Schwarzenegger that suggests otherwise

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Consolidated Ed posted:

There's an old - oldest in the Nordic countries - university town in Sweden called Uppsala (or Upsala in Finnish). It at least used to be a sort of household name in Finland due to the fact that a lot of economists liked to get their degrees there because they had a dogshit school that would admit anyone - even Finnish people! Even I knew the phrase "Upsalan ekonomit" as a kid, even though I had no dang clue what it actually referred to.

Anyway, the archdeacon - or whatever the gently caress tuomiorovasti i.e. DOOM PROVOST is in English - of Uppsala used to be a Finnish lady for some years. She was visiting her home turf on Summer holiday one year, and managed to get a boo-boo in her leg or arm or whatever. She went to the local health centre (this was before the bougies had shut them all down) and they asked her for her name, address, and occupation. She gave her name and her Summer cottage address, but when she told the doc she was the archdeacon of Uppsala, she noticed the doctor typing "patient believes she is the archdeacon of Uppsala" on the computer.

Anyway what we learn from this is that doctors should position their VDUs suchly that the patient can't see what's being typed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Consolidated Ed posted:

my partner has chronic pain and has been told she “focuses too much on her physical symptoms” :shepface: