Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Anyone that speaks as if they’re certain about stuff like free will is full of poo poo

Just rewatched True detective s1 and cohl spouting his internet atheism as special nuggets of wisdom was pretty funny. I mean he was right, though. No animal was supposed to develop consciousness and evolve to even have these thoughts. We are a singular abomination in this universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm using "sorry, I don't have free will" as my go to excuse for things now. Slept in? Sorry, universe was pre ordained. Slept with your sister? Unfortunately that's how it works on a quantum level, and coincidentally she was also both a wave and particle if you know what I mean heh wait come back

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Carlos Lantana posted:

city living is loving awful
how can you breathe that poo poo?
every thing is covered in a thin layer of human filth
people smell and wont stfu
every animal is a a feral or a domesticated, genetically effed up freak
the water is vile
there is no silence
your trees and gardens suck
capitalism in your face everywhere you look, making everything shrill and nasty
and you spend almost every waking moment paying for it, fitting into it, being noticed and trying to make some sort of pointless mark or trivial difference
lol

Cuntry living is loving awful and all the percieved notions of peace and quiet are absolute lies.

Enjoy nossy gossipy neighboors do dumb bullshit to you for percieved slights.
Double that if they're fundies and youre one those people.

Hope you love seeing your kids constantly acting out, because they're bored out their minds.

Dont forget the wonders of maintaining a garden and pretend you just loving love digging in the dirt and shoveling poo poo for hours on end every loving day for the rest of your life. Oh yes the salad and potatoes are great and healthy yes this definately was not massive waste of your time its just natural yes everything is fine

And of course in these times of increasingly frequent natural disasters like storms and floods, the whole communinty comes together to help hahahahahahahahahahaha

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Pajser posted:

Cuntry living is loving awful and all the percieved notions of peace and quiet are absolute lies.

Hope you love seeing your kids constantly acting out, because they're bored out their minds.

Dont forget the wonders of maintaining a garden and pretend you just loving love digging in the dirt and shoveling poo poo for hours on end every loving day for the rest of your life. Oh yes the salad and potatoes are great and healthy yes this definately was not massive waste of your time its just natural yes everything is fine

And of course in these times of increasingly frequent natural disasters like storms and floods, the whole communinty comes together to help hahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah i feel like the optimal move is living in a lovely boring midsize city where nothing happens but there are enough people that you dont need to worry about ever being recognized and you dont really have to take care of yourself as it were

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Pajser posted:

lmao seek therapy

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

20 Blunts posted:

lmao seek therapy

Are you by any chance related to 10 blunts? No joke, it was what we called one of my neighbors growing up before I moved to a city. Last I heard, he turned to speed and started stealing cars.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
If you aren't using a bidet you deserve any swamp rear end that you get

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pajser posted:

You must be trolling

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nah, you can't spell cuntry without "oval office" and the big open spaces of freedomland is full of them

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I've lived on farms, villages, small towns, suburban sprawl and the inner city and all have their pros and cons.
Except suburban sprawl which is just poo poo.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

pencilhands posted:

yeah i feel like the optimal move is living in a lovely boring midsize city where nothing happens but there are enough people that you dont need to worry about ever being recognized and you dont really have to take care of yourself as it were

this works
regional centres with universities draw tons of positive social stuff and are convenient to space and nature

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Spinz posted:

You must be trolling

Suppose I must have bad luck, but I grew up on a farm on a hilly region, so everything was always hours away, and it was always a pain in the rear end getting anywhere and getting anything. Our neighbors were either miserable, overworked alcoholics or wealthy suburbanites on their over-done second houses. Other kids around either made it a point to leave and never come back or stayed and spend their free time trying to outrun cops whenever they got caught speeding, which was always.

The most prolific addicts I met very always rural. And I get it. There is loving nothing else to do.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Emojis are cool and all but the internet was better when it was basic smileys I mean look at this little guy:

:)

He's just having a good little time and you can do fun variants like this

8)

>8U

Woah ker-azy!!! However people who gave them noses like this:

:-)

÷)

:^)

Can get the gently caress out. Tumour rear end looking bullshit

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

bitterandtwisted posted:

I've lived on farms, villages, small towns, suburban sprawl and the inner city and all have their pros and cons.
Except suburban sprawl which is just poo poo.

Nothing worse than living in a big 'burbplex so you're surrounded by assholes, but its 20 minutes of driving on city streets to get to a store or gas station.

The country is nice because its quiet, but it invariably involves a lot more yardwork, and the internet sucks (if you live in the US) Also you have to cook for yourself all the time, and your neighbors are 99.9999% likely to be weird racist assholes

Inner city can be ok, but anywhere on the west coast is deluged in homeless addicts*. Also most apartment buildings are stick & podium modern tenements, so you can hear your neighbors drop a cup on the floor (also giant deathtraps if there's a fire)

Centrally located burbs w/o endless sprawl are cool and good, but they all cost a million dollars and never rent

*not all homeless are addicts, and not all addicts are homeless, but the ones you see day-to-day are.

EDIT

Pajser posted:

Suppose I must have bad luck, but I grew up on a farm on a hilly region, so everything was always hours away, and it was always a pain in the rear end getting anywhere and getting anything. Our neighbors were either miserable, overworked alcoholics or wealthy suburbanites on their over-done second houses. Other kids around either made it a point to leave and never come back or stayed and spend their free time trying to outrun cops whenever they got caught speeding, which was always.

The most prolific addicts I met very always rural. And I get it. There is loving nothing else to do.

This describes my dad's neighborhood perfectly. A woman drank herself to death on hand sanitizer. Dad is locked in specific, petty, spiteful battles with every neighbor on the lane. There's a well-known turn in the road that has monthly, sometimes weekly fatalities from speeding drunk people. There's the shitpoor people like my dad, and there's people who maintain a country estate for their horses, and nothing in between.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 6, 2024

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You can tell how much fun you're going to have fighting someone in an online game purely by their handle. If it's something like

Help my cat is high
or
Handsome John's Weasel Shop
or
quail ball sampler

They're gonna be your average Joe shmoe who won't be playing too seriously and they'll make mistakes or play off meta and you'll generally have a good time with them

If it's something like

DARK_FREN_Z
or
ENDLESSMAYHEM CSGOSKINS.WEB
or
killerJeWeLZZ

They're gonna be twitchy little bastards who disconnect or fold the moment something goes wrong or will be insufferable if things go right

Finally if they're something like

egg.
or
i cannot aim
or
yeti yeti yeti yeti

Run.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
australian regional life is pretty genteel in comparison
both my kids ended up disinterested in city life, but doing well in different regional centers, having far more success than I did at their age

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pajser posted:

Tbh it sounds like you hate your yard/garden the most.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

Tbh it sounds like you hate your yard/garden the most.

It is how I can tell they have truly lived the country life (it sucks rear end)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So many folks are soft, and have no idea how good they have it.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I get someone in to do the lawn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Every Apple product is the best version available of the product. For example, no windows, laptop, stacks up to the MacBook. No piece of junk oculus or whatever up to the vision.. no junkie android tablet to iPad. no piece of junk androids to the iPhone.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Songbearer posted:

You can tell how much fun you're going to have fighting someone in an online game purely by their handle. If it's something like

Help my cat is high
or
Handsome John's Weasel Shop
or
quail ball sampler

They're gonna be your average Joe shmoe who won't be playing too seriously and they'll make mistakes or play off meta and you'll generally have a good time with them

If it's something like

DARK_FREN_Z
or
ENDLESSMAYHEM CSGOSKINS.WEB
or
killerJeWeLZZ

They're gonna be twitchy little bastards who disconnect or fold the moment something goes wrong or will be insufferable if things go right

Finally if they're something like

egg.
or
i cannot aim
or
yeti yeti yeti yeti

Run.

Lol imagine being in your 40s and still playing multiplayer video games online

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Every Apple product is the best version available of the product. For example, no windows, laptop, stacks up to the MacBook. No piece of junk oculus or whatever up to the vision.. no junkie android tablet to iPad. no piece of junk androids to the iPhone.

Apple takes tech rolled out by other companies years ago, sanitizes it with the Apple Touch and waters it down to be palatable to the average person. The type of person who never changes settings because they're "afraid of breaking it."

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

bradzilla posted:

Apple takes tech rolled out by other companies years ago, sanitizes it with the Apple Touch and waters it down to be palatable to the average person. The type of person who never changes settings because they're "afraid of breaking it."

N00b

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Im a nihilistic badass mf with no free will who has seen the endless bleak nothing and I agree

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mad much?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

bradzilla posted:

dumbass

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

yup...

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Beefed Owl posted:

If you aren't using a bidet you deserve any swamp rear end that you get
I'm not sure you understand what swamp rear end is.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I watch and read the news every day. poo poo's gonna get bad out there, and there's nothing any of you Online Gamer types can do about it. Technology has made you soft. Some of us... some of us are more prepared than that......

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If someone tried to shoot up wherever I was and I didn't just freeze and have an aneurysm I would 100% tried to delay them to help others, and then get promptly shot and killed, because I am a random idiot and not Stephan Sequal.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bradzilla posted:

Online video game worlds are the only place life makes sense anymore op

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
You can go back to taking a digital DUMP in your online sandcastles, children.. real men are talking

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Yeap

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
open ended satiation online will do a lot more damage to your generation than lead ever did to mine

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

i love to pwn noobs

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
The new Halo show is actually not horrible. People are just angry that Master Chief is no longer a virgin like the fanbase

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

Pajser posted:

I moved from Florida to North Carolina a few years back and while I'm not exactly country living I cannot stand the whole "southern hospitality" thing.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

redshirt posted:

Agreed. When people say doomery poo poo about how everything is a hellscape of some sort, I initially agree and then think back to my past and where history has been and then chuckle.

Truth be told though, it is important that people think things are bad or else there's no impetus to change things, there's still lots to change even though much of the dialog is silly or naive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LOL!