Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Kinda figured Vegas would be all in on Guentzel but if they're getting Mantha I think they're probably out on Jake now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Vegas surely needed to do something to change up the run they've been on lately... I've got to say though that they don't have alot of pieces that really jump out to me from their current NHL roster as having alot of value to a rebuilding team.. Maybe Pavel Dorofeyev?

I think most of the value Washington is getting back for a very good player has to be in the form of draft picks.. which Vegas up to now has managed to hang on to almost all of theirs over the next few years..

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mantha to Vegas

Unknown return

God bless. I’m not opposed to trying to bring him back next season on a two year prove it.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Mantha actually tries in the playoffs so could be a good fit

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Of all the Caps' players Friedman mentioned getting trade interest trading Mantha was the most important to get done because his value is probably at a peak.

I wouldn't mind if they hold onto Jensen and Malenstyn, but moving Lindgren and Dowd can definitely yield a return worth grabbing. Not sure what Edmundson would bring, but apparently people are asking?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Kinda figured Vegas would be all in on Guentzel but if they're getting Mantha I think they're probably out on Jake now

The Pens aren't going to trade Guentzel. Teams are just calling them about him and they're asking for the sun moon and stars, whereupon the other teams lose interest and go trade for someone like Anthony Mantha.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/ctoz113/status/1765154488229245290?s=20

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're going to send Lindholm to Boston and he's going to score the cup winning goal against the Canucks in the finals.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/kevinweekes/status/1765164074701136140

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
If Mantha at 50% only cost a 2nd and 4th, I’m hoping the price for Wennberg is dropping

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

glynnenstein posted:

Not sure what Edmundson would bring, but apparently people are asking?

I foresee him being a Ranger soon. Especially if current 7D Zac Jones is heading anywhere this deadline.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

OldSenileGuy posted:

If Mantha at 50% only cost a 2nd and 4th, I’m hoping the price for Wennberg is dropping

yeah that seems pretty light to me, but it could just be a buyers market.. very interesting developments...

Big upgrade to the Vegas forward depth which was looking pretty strung out the last month.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Pens aren't going to trade Guentzel. Teams are just calling them about him and they're asking for the sun moon and stars, whereupon the other teams lose interest and go trade for someone like Anthony Mantha.

The only way this trade happens is if someone can offer up a bad pick and like 3 former Soo Greyhounds

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cocaine Bear posted:

The only way this trade happens is if someone can offer up a bad pick and like 3 former Soo Greyhounds

Whatever it takes to never have to play him more than twice a season ever again.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Aphrodite posted:

They're going to send Lindholm to Boston and he's going to score the cup winning goal against the Canucks in the finals.

yea into his own freaking net lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://x.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1765188861783601436?s=20

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm fondly remembering the first month of the Mantha-for-Vrana-plus trade when it looked like such a win for both sides

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Habs are great and do not rely on luck to win

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1765205197356224732

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/1765234135214535108?s=20

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Traded during the first period and on a plane before the end of the game?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

We're bringing #hugwatch to the NHL

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Asking price just went up!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, that’s some Hockey Gods gently caress you geometry bullshit.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Banked off that glass like it was Tim Peel's penis.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Whoa we almost had a Cammalleri

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Wish the Red Wings game tonight didn't start at 9:30, probably going to miss most or all of it. Sometimes I miss living in MST.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Am ready for at least one juicy trade.

Will be too busy the next few days probably to really watch for it but godspeed Guentzel if he gets traded :patriot:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
i'm flying to mexico for a vacation at 3AM tomorrow so if this could all happen today I'd appreciate it

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Do something Dubas. You gently caress.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

rex rabidorum vires posted:

monkey paw over there is trembling

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Agreed, he was hired to bring Sidney and friends back to a wild card spot so hurry up, re-sign Guentzel and start buying

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sid for Tavares and a 5th round pick.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Super upset about the Sharks loss last night.

Should have happened in regulation. :(

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I was really surprised by the Sharks score last night. I don't watch their games since they're my closest team and therefore are always blacked out and I probably won't be bothered to try something else until they play someone I like, but it was my understanding that they loving suck?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HOLY gently caress posted:

I was really surprised by the Sharks score last night. I don't watch their games since they're my closest team and therefore are always blacked out and I probably won't be bothered to try something else until they play someone I like, but it was my understanding that they loving suck?

i caught the Logan Stankoven goal at the end of the first and was shocked by how empty the arena was.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Powershift posted:

i caught the Logan Stankoven goal at the end of the first and was shocked by how empty the arena was.

everyone was over at my house cranking off to this

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Caps re-signed Sandin 5 x $4.6M.

He's been good the second half of this season and hopefully he keeps it up.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I'm fine with this.

https://twitter.com/CapitalsPR/status/1765388836941480069

Caps fandom is still in denial. See a lot of people expecting Dowd to fetch a second, which they will then package with the Mantha picks and flip for a young player (why?)

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1765415448634343627?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6

Can finally see if Staois is an upgrade on Pie-hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

HOLY gently caress posted:

They do loving suck. Even their plucky beat writer is in a depressive spiral, lol:

https://twitter.com/Sheng_Peng/status/1765296056550735960

What happened is rhat Ottinger had a lovely game and the Sharks put up 6 goals. But they also.gave up 7 goals to some terrible and lazy defensive plays / miscues one to (thankfully) piss it all away.