Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Shageletic posted:

The dude sucks but he's posted about nationalizing healthcare so he isn't all bad.

E: Phillips I mean

He picked a weird windmill to tilt against. I wonder why he wouldn't just wait until a legitimate open primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
so was trumps super tuesday not as perfect as he had hoped or what

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Harald posted:

It's Mennonites. Although you got anabaptist part correct.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Philthy posted:

It was the most perfect Tuesday ever from the viewpoint of days

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The Senate has passed a House bill creating a new financial obligation on localities by banning homeless people from sleeping in public, setting the stage for a Gov. Ron DeSantis priority becoming law.

The measure from Rep. Sam Garrison (HB 1365), passed by a 27-12 vote after being substituted for the Senate version, would ban counties and municipalities from permitting public sleeping or public camping on public property without explicit permission, compelling these localities to round up the homeless and put them somewhere.

The Governor, who has suggested institutionalization should be brought back, said mental health help for the unhoused is “important,” but that he didn’t want “Sodom and Gomorrah” style homeless camps.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah the big problem with homeless camps is all the wanton sex

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Hitching up the buggy
Churning lots of butter

Burned a cross on monday
Soon I'll burn another

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Philthy posted:

He's down a lot compared with 2020. Back then, he took 90%+ in every state minus one if i remember. That's not the case this time.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

McConnell is one of the old guard who is so spineless that he can't even stop simping to power even when he has one foot out the door and the other in the grave.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
"i'm not a bigot, just stop virtue signalling and shoving your politics down our throat" says man with gigantic crucifix necklace, "trump is jesus" shirt, trump hat (with crucifix), trump shoes, drives away in gigantic truck plastered with trump and jesus bumper stickers waving 4 gigantic flags screaming TRUUUUUUUUMP

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Haley: "I cannot endorse Donald Trump, our Party is Broken"

Also Haley: "I must be forced to endorse Mr. Trump, I have thus removed any spine I had left as a prerequisite."

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
more like nikki failey

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Powershift posted:

I'm starting to think Mar-a-lago doesn't actually exist and every image we've ever seen from within is AI generated.

Every single one gives me the heebie jeebies. Like the people almost look human but still very not. The decor is nonsensical. The scenarios offered are ridiculous.

Dog auction. Bathroom with a chandelier full of stolen classified files. A ghostly figure wandering the halls eating at the breakfast buffet and showing up at weddings to talk about flushing toilets 15 times.

It's not real.

I always got Shining vibes. Like everyone we see has been there for all time, and will always be there. Smiling. Someone is wearing the flag as a sash. Here comes the president! He's smiling. One gives a thumbs up. Someone in the background is laughing. A dog gives a thumbs up.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

kuarduck posted:

Yeah... I'm gonna need you to re-read Dune and pick up Dune: Messiah if you still think Paul considers himself a hero after re-reading the first book.

Good point otherwise.

I don't - but the popularity of Dune is Herbert playing on the campbellian hero archetype, so what draws a lot of dudes in at first is Paul's seemingly heroic destiny as the Kwisatz Haderach. After all, he's given secret forbidden powers that only women are allowed to have, and then he goes further with them then the women ever could (except maybe his sister).

Not everyone gets the idea that it's actually a horrible destiny Paul sees no escape from, or that the main thesis is 'No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero'. Even though its directly said by one of the characters in the first book, the repercussions of Paul's actions and his life unwinding doesn't really start until Book 2, which not everyone picks up since the first book is considered a classic of sci-fi and the sequels notsomuch.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 6, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CommieGIR posted:

Haley: "I cannot endorse Donald Trump, our Party is Broken"

Also Haley: "I must be forced to endorse Mr. Trump, I have thus removed any spine I had left as a prerequisite."
Tbf I doubt Haley endorses any time soon. At this point she and Christie are banking on Donny Debtor getting btfo or croaking

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Shishkahuben posted:

I always got Shining vibes. Like everyone we see has been there for all time, and will always be there. Smiling. Someone is wearing the flag as a sash. Here comes the president! He's smiling. One gives a thumbs up. Someone in the background is laughing. A dog gives a thumbs up.

Great party, isn't it?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DemihumanResources posted:

more like nikki failey

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

McConnell is one of the old guard who is so spineless that he can't even stop simping to power even when he has one foot out the door and the other in the grave.

Party over country, even at the expense of both.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DemihumanResources posted:

more like nikki failey

Heh

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Accipiter posted:

Party over country, even at the expense of both.

In retrospect, maybe the one thing McConnell has to gain from a TRUMP endorsement is not being hammer attacked by a cultist while he is at home on dialysis

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Vampire Panties posted:

Would she actually care? Lara Trump is about to be the head of the RNC. There is no more GOP; its entirely MAGA. Either Pmurt wins and elections don't matter anymore, or he loses and whatever is left of the GOP collapses like a dying star

Nikki took her campaign just far enough to show Trump how much of the GOP voting public she can command. Trump wanted a resounding definitive never-seen-before victory, and she denied him that. Saying "you've got to earn it" is a pretty bold move, and the only question is whether Trump has it in him to realize this is his rake to step on. It's like a game of Integrity Chicken.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I don't - but the popularity of Dune is Herbert playing on the campbellian hero archetype, so what draws a lot of dudes in at first is Paul's seemingly heroic destiny as the Kwisatz Haderach. After all, he's given secret forbidden powers that only women are allowed to have, and then he goes further with them then the women ever could (except maybe his sister).

Not everyone gets the idea that it's actually a horrible destiny Paul sees no escape from, or that the main thesis is 'No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero'.

But enough about wheel of time

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I know I’m only saying this to the 25 people who read this thread, but blunting energy for a democratic president is *literally* the only goal of the Republican Party anymore. If voter turnout is low, they win, because their ghoul base will always turn out. So if people aren’t “feeling” Biden, then it’s in no small part because of the Republican playbook.

I’m hoping this will shift a bit now that the election season is (gag) going to really start up, but I’m not going to poo poo on bidens first term when he’s literally had both hands, both legs, and his dick all out into vices by an obstinate, useless, chaotic Republican Party.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

an AOL chatroom posted:

Nikki took her campaign just far enough to show Trump how much of the GOP voting public she can command. Trump wanted a resounding definitive never-seen-before victory, and she denied him that. Saying "you've got to earn it" is a pretty bold move, and the only question is whether Trump has it in him to realize this is his rake to step on. It's like a game of Integrity Chicken.

Ascribing higher brain functions to Trump, fukken lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

At least he has a sense of humor about it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I’m not going to poo poo on bidens first term when he’s literally had both hands, both legs, and his dick all out into vices by an obstinate, useless, chaotic Republican Party.

I'll poo poo on a President's first term for anything they have actually done wrong, which is a luxury that I will only keep if Biden wins in November. I'm not even voting for the guy anymore, I'm voting for "continued right to poo poo on the President".

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Monica Bellucci posted:

Ascribing higher brain functions to Trump, fukken lol

I sincerely doubt trump is thinking anything at this point besides "Jesus Christ please let me win, I don't have the money to pay these fines! Please let me win!" over and over in his head

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Trump and the GOP in general are underperforming massively from polls

If anyone has any sense left at all in the GOP this has to be alarm bells

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I fully expect every Republican, even if they were die-hard Haley supporters, even if they went on TV and publicly listed their full name and address, even if they signed a notarized letter saying otherwise, they are going to vote for Trump despite saying otherwise.

It’s really going to come down to getting enough motivated voters to come out and vote against Trump and for Biden despite weather/work/childcare issues. Having Taylor Swift saying “go vote” helps big, but Biden and his team should start putting out helpful information on how to vote, register to vote, early vote, plan ahead, etc.

For 2016 I was going on a business trip during the election, so I made sure to get in and do early voting the day it opened. I remember chatting with some co-workers who said “oh I didn’t have time to vote” or “I couldn’t get time off or childcare to go vote”. I’m fully expecting shenanigans for a lot of states to limit early voting locations, drop boxes, along with employers of lovely companies to find ways to make sure their employees don’t have the abilities to take time off to vote, etc.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Asterite34 posted:

Holy poo poo this is real?

Okay I like Dean Philips now, that's actually pretty funny

:wtf:

I was making a joke about how anybody with $8 can impersonate anybody, but Business Insider seems to think that Dean Phillips’s actual account. :confused:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

funeral home DJ posted:

I sincerely doubt trump is thinking anything at this point besides "Jesus Christ please let me win, I don't have the money to pay these fines! Please let me win!" over and over in his head

Deathbed conversions lol. I wonder if he understands what "god" is

A waffle Bart threw against the ceiling maybe

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:wtf:

I was making a joke about how anybody with $8 can impersonate anybody, but Business Insider seems to think that Dean Phillips’s actual account. :confused:

It is his account lol

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

Trump and the GOP in general are underperforming massively from polls

If anyone has any sense left at all in the GOP this has to be alarm bells
Yeah this is why I think Trump is the Hillary in this case

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trump in a nutshell.
He wins everywhere bar one state, and he only lost due to 'electoral interference from the Democrats'.
He can't even consider losing to another Republican candidate.

Love when Presidential candidates & former Presidents *checks notes* sets voting confidence back literal decades.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It is his account lol

OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!! :vince:

:roflolmao:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ringo Star Get posted:

I fully expect every Republican, even if they were die-hard Haley supporters, even if they went on TV and publicly listed their full name and address, even if they signed a notarized letter saying otherwise, they are going to vote for Trump despite saying otherwise.

It’s really going to come down to getting enough motivated voters to come out and vote against Trump and for Biden despite weather/work/childcare issues. Having Taylor Swift saying “go vote” helps big, but Biden and his team should start putting out helpful information on how to vote, register to vote, early vote, plan ahead, etc.

For 2016 I was going on a business trip during the election, so I made sure to get in and do early voting the day it opened. I remember chatting with some co-workers who said “oh I didn’t have time to vote” or “I couldn’t get time off or childcare to go vote”. I’m fully expecting shenanigans for a lot of states to limit early voting locations, drop boxes, along with employers of lovely companies to find ways to make sure their employees don’t have the abilities to take time off to vote, etc.

I mean if there's anything we all can and should be taking home from the experience of the last 8 insane loving years is that we're still in uncharted water. Polls were developed during a time when politicians were boring and interchangeable pick-a-mix mannequins. All the rules and mathematical models and poo poo go completely out the window when we're dealing with a cult of personality that has captured tens of millions of people.

We don't know what the hell will happen when you thrust a new set of stimuli in front of those tens of millions of cultists. It's anybody's guess, all we know is we don't have precedent to go by, not in this country anyway.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Honestly curious what the Jan 6 2: Electric Boogaloo attempt is going to look like without him or his cronies in office being able to delay police/military action to quell the coup.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It is his account lol

:sbahj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1765404826144522538

Defund the police.