Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Arbite posted:

Just within the movie itself, there's clearly a missing segment early where Paul is told to trek alone across a chunk of desert and back, then Chani joins him and gives some survival tips, and then they're both just taking part in a raid.. That can't have been how it was scripted.

There's another one where Chani suddenly shows up in an ornithopter out of nowhere with no explanation how she got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

khwarezm posted:

I feel like we need to appreciate that Sony is basically doing the Dark Universe gambit and actually releasing tons of terrible, terrible movies of Z list spiderman movies. Like Universal made like 2 movies and Sony is making at least 5 of these increasingly terrible turds that are almost singlehandedly bringing the comic book movie fad to its long hoped for conclusion.

Honestly, I wonder if this might legitimately be their strategy. Basically pulling the "kamikaze product" strat that will make their Spiderman-villains-without-Spiderman Tab Clear to Marvel's Crystal Pepsi. Basically poisoning the entire live-action superhero genre (and the Marvel name) so that the MCU won't be able to recover from its current slump and return to the juggernaut it once was.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

LanceHunter posted:

Honestly, I wonder if this might legitimately be their strategy. Basically pulling the "kamikaze product" strat that will make their Spiderman-villains-without-Spiderman Tab Clear to Marvel's Crystal Pepsi. Basically poisoning the entire live-action superhero genre (and the Marvel name) so that the MCU won't be able to recover from its current slump and return to the juggernaut it once was.

Any time you have thoughts like this you just need to take a deep breath and remember a few key facts:

Amy Pascal is still in charge at Sony.
Kathleen Kennedy is still the boss of star wars.
Elon Musk is the second (lol) richest person alive and technically in charge of 5 companies. One of which send rockets to space.
Donald Trump was president of the USA.

There is no 8 dimensional chess master plan unfolding slowly and in meticulous detail.

The dumbest motherfuckers alive are running things and it's only getting dumber.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gary Oldman went to Warhammer World

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Any time you have thoughts like this you just need to take a deep breath and remember a few key facts:

Amy Pascal is still in charge at Sony.
Kathleen Kennedy is still the boss of star wars.
Elon Musk is the second (lol) richest person alive and technically in charge of 5 companies. One of which send rockets to space.
Donald Trump was president of the USA.

There is no 8 dimensional chess master plan unfolding slowly and in meticulous detail.

The dumbest motherfuckers alive are running things and it's only getting dumber.

look I can't emptyquote every post you make so let's just have this one count for the next dozen or so

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

morv gackle, keygrip for Norbit, was pronounced dead today at 11:33 a.m. at Cedar Sinai Hospital, 61 year old

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

That DICK! posted:

morv gackle, keygrip for Norbit, was pronounced dead today at 11:33 a.m. at Cedar Sinai Hospital, 61 year old

r.i.p.

noticed this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

I'mma clap so hard for this guy in the In Memorium segment this year

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Gack?! Oh god, not the Gack. Why god, WHY?! The Gack, a soul too precious for this world.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

That DICK! posted:

good I'm glad of it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Arbite posted:

Just within the movie itself, there's clearly a missing segment early where Paul is told to trek alone across a chunk of desert and back, then Chani joins him and gives some survival tips, and then they're both just taking part in a raid.. That can't have been how it was scripted.

True, but I appreciated the choice to veer away from a staple epic movie trope and just get the ball rolling, I think it contributed to the Fury Road-esque feeling of the movie being on rails and driving toward a climax. The worm riding scene does the same cathartic job as showing Paul coming back from the desert and is more interesting

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

I'mma clap so hard for this guy in the In Memorium segment this year

Isn't Morv Gakl the villain in Galaxy Quest?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Do you mean the procedurally generated subtitles on like YouTube? Those always gently caress up.

I assume it's the same stuff in the Goku video player. I think it also has normal subtitles for normal rips over old school camera in a theatre.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
has anyone read "the kid stays in the picture"?

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Illmade posted:

There's another one where Chani suddenly shows up in an ornithopter out of nowhere with no explanation how she got it.

Someone obviously didn't attend the Fortnite tie-in event which explains all...

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

has anyone read "the kid stays in the picture"?

patton oswalt did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nm8CmiiLvg&t=55s

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

all the kids who were supposed to grow up and become dom delois became josh gad instead

poisonpill posted:

This doesn’t make any sense to me but at the same time I totally get it and it seems 100% true

we are products of our times and our times are products of us. the world makes josh gads instead of dom deloises now, and the feedback loop will continue on into the death of media, inshallah

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
It's morvin' time

haha lil joke there for the worlds #1 morbius fan gripweed

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

That DICK! posted:

:mods:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

Oh God, I'm gonna throw up... I'm gonna throw up...

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

sharknado slashfic posted:

Rem Lazar had a Cerveza Cristal in Vietnam

True story: Rem Lezar is an upcoming DLC fighter in Mortal Kombat 1.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

dakota johnson talking about madame web

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Good news, humans won't need to watch them. Somebody's GPU can be set up to watch all the movies, write AI reviews, and generate CineCoin for the studios.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

She's not wrong, but I really wonder what movie she thought Madam Web was supposed to be

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
my feeling has been for a long time that audiences are extremely stupid and movies would have died by now if they werent

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It's cute to watch someone that's been given everything pout about how out of touch she is. The general public is dumb as poo poo, can't tell anything and don't give a gently caress about where anything comes from at all. She didn't have to make a super hero movie for Sony. That's her choice.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Yeah, an audience member is smart. The audience is dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm smart, i get things

like for example, when the guy was in the amazon with her mother when she was studying spiders (before she died, natch), that makes me think hmm, maybe this guy knows something

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

henkman posted:

She's not wrong, but I really wonder what movie she thought Madam Web was supposed to be

An easy paycheck.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

It's always fun when Hollywood's artless broken system gets criticized by a direct result of Hollywood's artless broken system

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

Obviously, when she signed onto "Untitled Spider-Man Villain Project #7", she thought it was going to be a genuine creative expression from an artist who had something they wanted to share with the world.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Half the CD thread thinks she’s a class hero, it’s funny

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

She’s a rebel, an iconoclast. A hero.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish I could've been born as working class royalty

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

she's like diet abby disney

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
they better leave in the toph blind jokes
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1765393147029557310

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's hard for me to begrudge her too much; she's hopefully just learning the same lesson George Clooney got from Batman and Robin.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

We’ll be lucky if we even get a blind Toph at this point. I’m expecting an announcement about how disabilities are “iffy” and to avoid feeling Big Yuck the showrunners have decided to make Toph normal

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That DICK! posted:

I don’t think that’s an accurate representation of the discussion in that thread. Most of the thread is on her side because she’s funny and hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

That DICK! posted:

I just like seeing her poo poo on her own movie because its rare enough to see someone have some clarity about the schlock they end up making.