Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No wonder G. is ready to drop Tim Amato and get with the real brains of the operation Gregg Turkington.

I respect Tim as a businessman of integrity and honor but Gregg is clearly the ideas guy. He's where the money actually comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

quote:

It also appears that Matt Newsman did in fact pass from his injuries that he was dealing with last week. Our thoughts and prayers now go to Terri Newman during this difficult time.

unreal lmao

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No wonder G. is ready to drop Tim Amato and get with the real brains of the operation Gregg Turkington.

I respect Tim as a businessman of integrity and honor but Gregg is clearly the ideas guy. He's where the money actually comes from.

Did you not read the post? It was clearly out of T. Amato's control. The internet is ran by his enemies

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i continue to be killed

quote:

So please make sure you do NOT go to https://www.amatacom.com but DO go to Amatocon.con.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lolll, watching Joey turn into Tim as soon as he's host and has to deal with greggs bullshit, lol, expertly done

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I like when Tim basically did a wrestling promo for a cage match against Axiom and Manuel. This SUNDAY at the Pontiac Center!!

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

it’s twice as good as the third one, which was twice as good as the second, which was twice as good as the original

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the power of mercy speech.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

now that dune part two is out and completely the story of dune (1984), baboon: a pep boys story is hollywood's biggest adaptation challenge

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's nuts getting to see Joey give live star ratings instead of recorded. It's like watching Leonardo Da Vinci paint instead of visiting it at the Louvre.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gregss write that Kung fa panda 4 is as good as grandfather 1 and 2

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Doltos posted:

It's nuts getting to see Joey give live star ratings instead of recorded. It's like watching Leonardo Da Vinci paint instead of visiting it at the Louvre.

MacheteZombie posted:

Gregss write that Kung fa panda 4 is as good as grandfather 1 and 2

he's right

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Doltos posted:

Looking forward to another Starry Night this Sunday at AmatoCom!!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gregg sulking off after being told no popcorn classic this week

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What did Joey say after the lights dimmed? Sounded like "I can't deal with this poo poo"

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
lol at Tim having to set up amatocom/con by himself.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the 'dodge charger' that is 'his to keep' if he pulls off amotacom looks to be about 20 years old

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I feel like G has got to be just some random guy. How else can Tim be the only person running amatocon?

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

MacheteZombie posted:

What did Joey say after the lights dimmed? Sounded like "I can't deal with this poo poo"

(lights dim)
"Ah, Jesus Christ"
(slams headphones down, holds head in hands)
"I don't need this poo poo"

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Gregg's mathematical prowess at instantly being able to convert stars to bags of popcorn is truly amazing

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

derp posted:

the 'dodge charger' that is 'his to keep' if he pulls off amotacom looks to be about 20 years old

I feel like there's a decent chance it's the car Chris Amato was murdered in.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

u_s_eh posted:

(lights dim)
"Ah, Jesus Christ"
(slams headphones down, holds head in hands)
"I don't need this poo poo"

Thanks!

Flying Zamboni posted:

I feel like there's a decent chance it's the car Chris Amato was murdered in.

Slowly making Tim into his deceased son is some Tim level poo poo. Love it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lmao the podcast is just the Amatocon ad over and over for 20 minutes

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
attention.... business.... leaders

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

who is g. amato? what motivates him? why does he like gregg? I hope we learn these things at amatocom

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

dot con

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
laughed so hard at Gregg's "oh... come on" when Tim announced Dekkar

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
When said aloud at pace, G. Amato is quite close to Giamatti, a man Oscar may visit this Sunday.

I forget if this guy was linked to me from here, but his recaps of Oscer specials and seasons are fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWZ8P052Qt0

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Disappointed we aren't getting any Oscar doctor ideas

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

a friend of mine might be watching AMATOCON 2024 closing/oscers with me this year and idk how to explain to her what this is, or to even try, but some of those Admiral Gorgg videos look like they'd be good

tho idk, I came in when I saw The Trial of Tim Heidecker with no other context than knowing that On Cinema had a bizarrely rich backstory, and I was hooked, so maybe it doesn't need much explanation

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Peanut Butler posted:

a friend of mine might be watching AMATOCON 2024 closing/oscers with me this year and idk how to explain to her what this is, or to even try, but some of those Admiral Gorgg videos look like they'd be good

tho idk, I came in when I saw The Trial of Tim Heidecker with no other context than knowing that On Cinema had a bizarrely rich backstory, and I was hooked, so maybe it doesn't need much explanation

First I saw it was a friend linking the Oscar Special where Gregg almost killed everyone with exhaust fumes from the mobile VFA. I didn't think it was funny and I didn't get the joke at all so I put off OnCinema for a while. It was really just sitting down and watching S1 and onward knowing that it gets ridiculous eventually is what got me hooked.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Doltos posted:

First I saw it was a friend linking the Oscar Special where Gregg almost killed everyone with exhaust fumes from the mobile VFA. I didn't think it was funny and I didn't get the joke at all so I put off OnCinema for a while. It was really just sitting down and watching S1 and onward knowing that it gets ridiculous eventually is what got me hooked.

The joker strikes again!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Peanut Butler posted:

watching The Trial is what hooked me and watching the back catalogue was such a wonderful journey. Now to catch them in week to week is a treat.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Salt Fish posted:

The joker strikes again!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ok so also i'm rewatching the season in anticipation of the weekend-

obviously something very hosed up is going on behind the scenes, I keep thinking of if maybe Kaili Amato tried to slip a note to Gregg in the Harry Potter DVD, tipping him off to a possible murder plot, completely misunderstanding that there is no way he is ever going to open up that case

every time she interacts with gregg after the dvd exchange she's sweating bullets and putting on the performance-grin in a way that goes beyond facing an awkward guy mistaking your friendliness for flirting, kind of reaction

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I'm most curious why Joey disappeared for a few weeks, came back for the finale, and nobody mentioned it at all. I figured they would at least say he was sick then blow it up at the special or something.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

ChesterJT posted:

I'm most curious why Joey disappeared for a few weeks, came back for the finale, and nobody mentioned it at all. I figured they would at least say he was sick then blow it up at the special or something.

I like Gorgg's theory that he was the getaway driver when Matt got shot and had to lie low

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/amato-con-day-one-begins/?li=1

quote:

Posted on March 8, 2024 by Host T. Amato
I couldn’t be more excited to begin this three day journey into the unknown and into our future as a company, and as a leader in entrepreneurial and visionary leadership experiences.

It’s been a tremendous amount of work, and I’m definitely learning as I go along. And while I have high hopes that this weekend will be a major success, I can only imagine how much better Amanda Con 2025 will be knowing what we know now.

It’s been tremendously stressful and time-consuming for me. Juggling not only preparation for this, but dealing with the sad and unfortunate funeral of my stepson, Matt Newman, and caring, tending for and using tenderness and love to comfort my ex-wife Tony Newman. She needs me now more than ever.

It also came as a shock to me when my dad surprisingly announced he would not tolerate any facial hair at Amato con from its presenters. It was too late and nearly impossible to create conditions for the audience to be hairless when it comes to their facial features, but I was forced to comply and have chosen due to his insistence that I become totally clean shaven for the weekend.

Tony Newman was furious at this decision as she had grown attracted to my goatee, and I have received many, many compliments.

In fact, just the other day, a barista at a local coffee shop complemented on how handsome my goatee, (the hair that which surrounds my mouth and down onto my chin) appeared to her. She gave me a free cup of coffee, and also complemented in general on the salt pepper look of my hair and facial hair as being very attractive.

It is unknown why dad was so furious and to quote him “nauseous” over my facial hair. He was like I’ve never seen him before: extremely upset.

Dad is a kind and merciful man, but he was screaming over this, and it felt like the only way to, stop him from reacting so dramatically was to just suck it up and shave the goatee. After all it is hair and will grow back.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sad and unfortunate funeral lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Draw upon the power of mercy in dealing with the bearded