Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Dune talk reminds me that I need to visit Florence, Oregon.

Hell yeah buddy, used to go up there every summer in high school. My aunt had a ranch about 2 miles out of town on the mouth of the delta. Loved that place. She converted the house from an old barn about 20 feet from the river. No neighbors either, closest other properties are owned by logging companies.

That gray line was her driveway, all virgin land around it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

It’d be weird for SC to the saner Carolina for a bit. Sad even.

Yeah, it's pretty depressing for me because at one point I was seriously considering making a move to NC, but then the last decade happened and welp.

A friend's trans sibling fled NC to move up north a few months ago just because of where things are going

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Air Skwirl posted:

How do you make packaged fried rice? I thought it was just you had leftover rice and then you fried it?

It's fried rice that's already fried with seasoning and stuff and then packaged? It's convenient. And spicy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I finally finished BSG

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

I finally finished BSG

What'd you think? Has some high highs and low lows right?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Those giant 3 tomes in the top right of the stacks, cover two sword fights.
:wth:

Absolute Chad energy :bisonyes:

The SA thread on these books make it seem like you can skip a bunch based on which author is writing it. Admire your dedication to plowing through all of them.

I think the white scars books are the most goon-consensus acclaimed?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

It's fried rice that's already fried with seasoning and stuff and then packaged? It's convenient. And spicy.

There are some options over here that are frozen - just need to dump the bag on a frying pan and cook. Is it that easy, or more similar to like ramen packets?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Air Skwirl posted:

How do you make packaged fried rice? I thought it was just you had leftover rice and then you fried it?

ask jamie oliver

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pron on VHS posted:

This collection is the kind of thing that will make future archaeologists very unsure about the things they thought they knew

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Intruder posted:

ask jamie oliver

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

Hi friends, did you know Buldak also makes a packaged fried rice? It is also like fire.

:hmmyes:

I praise your adventurism though.

Pron on VHS posted:

So you want to read the Horus Heresy...

A part of me wanted to not downsize the image just to get the scale of it but I I don't want tff goons to suffer that

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 6, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

What'd you think? Has some high highs and low lows right?

It's the best sci fi show I have ever watched.

Season 3 was the best. That finale was crazy.

Season 4 was weird, but good. Apparently people didn't like the finale? I thought it was good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a neat cape posted:

Season 4 was weird, but good. Apparently people didn't like the finale? I thought it was good.

People didn't like the "God did it" thing despite that being the theme of the show right from the pilot miniseries.

Oh, and the ending montage with all the robots was terrible, but I always just turn it off as it fades from Adama talking about the cabin with an easterly view.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That Buldak fried rice is right on that line of almost too spicy to enjoy. One bite and it was fine until about halfway through, then it hit like a mofo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

People didn't like the "God did it" thing despite that being the theme of the show right from the pilot miniseries.

That’s a little oversimplified.

The 2nd half of season four was kind of pointless. And it followed “Revelations” which was a better show ending than the actual ending. Hell, they could have ended the show after “Sometimes a Great Notion” and it would have worked.

The creators wrote themselves into a corner because because no one realized how successful the show was gonna be, the writers had a bunch of religious weirdos, and practically they needed a lot cheap filler in the first season. Like a third of every episode is gaius walking in slow motion through a Vancouver library they’re calling an opera house. Then in the last season the opera house was the friends we made along the way.

Then in season four they also had all that bullshit with watching little miniseries and they were getting ready for Caprica and who could forget that show.

then the nonsense with Starbuck dying, returning, vanishing. That stupid poo poo with all along the watchtower. Thwt loving episode where adama is painting the ship. Every scene in that loving bar. That apparently the survivors interbred with the early humans. Sending poor Anders to die in the sun etc

At the end of the day BSG was so good for so long that it was never going to satisfy everyone. It’s very rare that a show pulls off a final episode like six feet under. Or has the balls to just stop like Deadwood.

Atleast it wasn’t as bad as whatever Lost did. Or turning your main character into Mega Hitler in the second to last episode.

In conclusion BSG was incredible, racetrack did nothing wrong, and the best scene was when gaius looked at Six and said “you know what I miss most? You’re going to laugh at this. Sports.”

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 6, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The series finale of the original run of deadwood was such an anticlimactic blue balling lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hmmyes:

I praise your adventurism though.

So you want to read the Horus Heresy...

A part of me wanted to not downsize the image just to get the scale of it but I I don't want tff goons to suffer that

Hot drat this owns, thank you for sharing.

I thought there were more white scars books.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ornery and Hornery posted:

:wth:

Absolute Chad energy :bisonyes:

The SA thread on these books make it seem like you can skip a bunch based on which author is writing it. Admire your dedication to plowing through all of them.

I think the white scars books are the most goon-consensus acclaimed?

I have skipped like 15 of them. Yeah some authors are certainly better than others, but unfortunately some of the most pivotal books are written by the more average authors. The 2 White Scars novels are among my favorite, along with the incredible arc of The First Heretic -> Know no Fear -> Betrayer. 3 of the best books I have ever read in my life, back to back to back.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I hardly ever go to Walmart except for motor oil and like car wash stuff, but I rolled in yesterday and saw the first walls of locked up poo poo. Hasn’t hit our local target yet.

Dystopia sucks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
By the way, if anyone is looking for a good bad movie, be sure to check out The Beekeeper. Jason Statham does his usual schtick, but you will have fun groaning at all the bee puns, and you will just laugh your rear end off at all the plot holes and stupid things that happen. All three of my kids watched it with us and everyone was getting into the MST3K spirit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

By the way, if anyone is looking for a good bad movie, be sure to check out The Beekeeper. Jason Statham does his usual schtick, but you will have fun groaning at all the bee puns, and you will just laugh your rear end off at all the plot holes and stupid things that happen. All three of my kids watched it with us and everyone was getting into the MST3K spirit.

Can confirm. We watched it a couple weeks ago and we had fun with it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Mean Girls musical is also streaming on Paramount now, so gonna see that train wreck later this week. Wife got rona from one of her residents so we may do it today while she is off and stuck in bed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

In conclusion BSG was incredible, racetrack did nothing wrong, and the best scene was when gaius looked at Six and said “you know what I miss most? You’re going to laugh at this. Sports.”

I legit screamed at the Dee scene.

You know the one.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I legit screamed at the Dee scene.

You know the one.

That scene crashed the forums lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

Mean Girls musical is also streaming on Paramount now, so gonna see that train wreck later this week. Wife got rona from one of her residents so we may do it today while she is off and stuck in bed.

Your wife is contagious with Covid and you’re gonna watch a movie next to them in a small room?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FizFashizzle posted:

That scene crashed the forums lol

My favorite BSG scene is when Adama decides to rescue the survivors on New Caprica, and loving jumps the Galactica directly into the atmosphere of New Caprica to launch the fighters, then jumps to orbit.

Of course that episode also featured the Pegasus getting destroyed, and to this day I think the show should have kept the Pegasus and let the Galactica be the one that went down fighting the three Basestars or however many there were.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Your wife is contagious with Covid and you’re gonna watch a movie next to them in a small room?

At this point us HCWers are more covid than human.

This most recent bout of covid for me was accompanied by horrific diarrhea. Like I was having to cough on the toilet it was so bad.

Turns out one of my facilities has a huge norovirus outbreak.

I think I might have had them at the same time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

My favorite BSG scene is when Adama decides to rescue the survivors on New Caprica, and loving jumps the Galactica directly into the atmosphere of New Caprica to launch the fighters, then jumps to orbit.

Of course that episode also featured the Pegasus getting destroyed, and to this day I think the show should have kept the Pegasus and let the Galactica be the one that went down fighting the three Basestars or however many there were.

There wasn’t even a reason to do it! They were in the clear! Fat Lee was just like “nah I don’t want another battlestar that even had a factory to build more fighters” and waddled off the bridge.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

At this point us HCWers are more covid than human.

:negative:

Hope there aren’t any long term consequences!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

:negative:

Hope there aren’t any long term consequences!

We’re all gonna die of toxoplasmosis in our sixties.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Canned Sunshine posted:

Whole episode is so insane.

The sheer gut punch of Adama going "You did it, Saul, you brought 'em home" and Saul just says "Not all of 'em" and wanders off to become the saddest man in the galaxy

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

We’re all gonna die of toxoplasmosis in our sixties.

isn't that the cat poop thing?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

It's the best sci fi show I have ever watched.

Season 3 was the best. That finale was crazy.

I agree with you but I do have many nitpicks along with what Fiz is saying. But they aren't bad enough to make me dunk the show. Black Market is probably the lowest low in the whole show with how bad it is and yeah that New Caprica jump into orbit dropping fighters as the music crescendos is the most epic sci fi scene of all time.

I love the Expanse but the sleek Roci hass got nothing on that ol' battered bastard Galactica.

Sci fi ship top 3 ranking: Galactica >>>> Roci > Enterprise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/heyitswindy/status/1764023423485812995

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/heyitswindy/status/1764023423485812995

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time

https://x.com/owainanderson/status/1764712144342294561?s=20

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

this dummy forgetting the Lexx

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

this dummy forgetting the Lexx

how dare you

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I agree with you but I do have many nitpicks along with what Fiz is saying. But they aren't bad enough to make me dunk the show. Black Market is probably the lowest low in the whole show with how bad it is and yeah that New Caprica jump into orbit dropping fighters as the music crescendos is the most epic sci fi scene of all time.

I love the Expanse but the sleek Roci hass got nothing on that ol' battered bastard Galactica.

Black Market is the Star Trekkiest episode of BSG. Random rear end plot that has no consequences and will never come up again.

But yeah BSG is my top sci-fi show. Followed by DS9 and then probably a tie between TNG and Voyager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

DS9 is so loving good I am ashamed I forgot about it. I have dishonored my family.

e: reminding myself I need to finish the first Stargate series. There's something wonderfully American about handing out P90s to native aliens that I just love.