Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Karasu Tengu posted:

We already got that, it was even done by Shaft just in 2022.

oh lol there you go then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Karasu Tengu posted:

We already got that, it was even done by Shaft just in 2022.

The fictional character John Shaft created a RWBY anime in 2022?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the RWBY anime wasnt good but it definitely felt more professional.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Guy A. Person posted:

The fictional character John Shaft created a RWBY anime in 2022?
He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his Waifu

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Hope the Funhaus gang can land on their feet. The views on all things RT had cratered over the last three years or so but I always figured their personal website subscriptions were keeping them alive somehow.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Rwby is lucky people jumped onto it so hard because it is objectively bad.

Monty Oum is the reason it even got attention in the first place and he was apparently so crazy about his work practices he refused to change from the animation software he mastered in 2003 so everything was animated on it.

Immediately after he died they finally switched to a modern 3d animation suite.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

itd be very funny if the last shot of anything rwby related was the justice league with no rwby characters in sight

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his Waifu

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

JCDentonYeahRip.wav

That's the wrong guy!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I will forever remember Rooster Teeth for the time they tried to drag Jeff Gerstmann for giving Fallout 4 a bad review while they were wearing promotional toy Pipboys.

Edit: oh, and a handful of lovely cartoons.

Editedit: oh, and also the weird sex creepy stuff.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 6, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

JCDentonYeahRip.wav

JCDentonWhatAShame.wav

AdamJensenYeahRip.wav

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
the stuff I remember most about when I watched roosterteeth is also the stuff where one of the people on camera the most ended up being a creepy sexpest so whoops

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ToonHive/status/1765429817397195083

who the gently caress is gonna buy gen lock

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Arc Hammer posted:

JCDentonWhatAShame.wav

AdamJensenYeahRip.wav

WB: "What a shame..."
Fans: "It can't really be... there must be something we can do."
WB: "It was a good studio... *smacks lips* what a rotten way to die."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sydin posted:

WB: "What a shame..."
Fans: "It can't really be... there must be something we can do."
WB: "It was a good studio... *smacks lips* what a rotten way to die."

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I will say, while I held very little love for Rooster Teeth, it has sucked the past few years seeing the remaining handful of independent media and gaming sites spawned during the early to mid-aughts get shuttered or hoovered up and conglomerated.

At least Rooster Teeth will receive a conclusive ending, unlikely poor Giant Bomb that is still shambling along as a shadow of its former self.

I don't want everything to become a platform.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i will

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
red vs blue is funny because it started off as an irrelevant comedy series making fun of halo multiplayer and then turned into a serious drama where all the funny things in the past were all very serious now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

red vs blue is funny because it started off as an irrelevant comedy series making fun of halo multiplayer and then turned into a serious drama where all the funny things in the past were all very serious now

"but fans need to know why the ghost is able to possess the Mexican robot's body."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's not a ghost he's an ai that's hacking the mexican robot

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
My abiding memory of Rooster Teeth will always be that clip from the Hbomb RWBY video where a guy says "rooster teeth is starting video-game production" intercut with that game they made having no online players

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

My abiding memory of Rooster Teeth will always be that clip from the Hbomb RWBY video where a guy says "rooster teeth is starting video-game production" intercut with that game they made having no online players

they made a game?? lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my personal favorite is that all the fans of rwby were into the girls and didnt care about the guys at all so of course they spent the height of the series teasing a bunch of romantic relationships between the girls and the guys and crowbarring them into scenes, and then by the time they realized nobody liked them everyone had stopped caring about the show

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they made a game?? lol

they made a game studio

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they made a game?? lol

https://www.metacritic.com/game/vicious-circle/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they made a game?? lol

they made like 5 rwby games and all of them were dogshit and 3 of them were mobile games that lasted less than two years

and then they licensed them out to arcsys to put in a blazblue/persona crossover fighting game and that was the only good video game the cast was ever in

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I stopped caring about RvB right around the time Oum got on board because now suddenly the series wanted you to take it seriously and also every other episode had ten minutes of masturbatory over the top fight scenes that kill the pacing.

Endorph posted:

my personal favorite is that all the fans of rwby were into the girls and didnt care about the guys at all so of course they spent the height of the series teasing a bunch of romantic relationships between the girls and the guys and crowbarring them into scenes, and then by the time they realized nobody liked them everyone had stopped caring about the show

Don't forget that the guy who essentially gets treated like the main character for a chunk of the early seasons at the expense of the actual eponymous crew was just blatantly a writer self insert, to the point he was even voice by him.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Skippy McPants posted:

I will say, while I held very little love for Rooster Teeth, it has sucked the past few years seeing the remaining handful of independent media and gaming sites spawned during the early to mid-aughts get shuttered or hoovered up and conglomerated.

At least Rooster Teeth will receive a conclusive ending, unlikely poor Giant Bomb that is still shambling along as a shadow of its former self.

I don't want everything to become a platform.

What about older ones? Are Old Man Murray and Planet Quake still doing ok?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Suicide Prevention groups hoping to bury it so nobody takes the Maisie Williams character's advice on how to achieve a higher plane of existence.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 6, 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The only Rooster Teeth IP that I actually care about getting picked up is Strangerhood, bring it back cowards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the thing about rvb is that it literally had an ending, like an episode titled 'the end' with one of the characters dying while giving each character an individualized speech about how much he loves each of them while a montage plays and then a 'thank you for watching' message, and then it just kept going cause they were desperate for views by that point

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Their newest season was going to go back to that ending scene of RVB and reveal everything after it was "what if" simulations, even bringing back Burnie to write it and voice Church again. Now this has happened and they yanked RVB off YouTube in a last ditch attempt to draw people back to their website for exclusive access to the show and it all returns to nothing.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

Did they actually stop spot lighting the whole gaggle or male poochies?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Is Gen Lock what’s in the upper right because that looks like those terrible made by AI animations?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
wasn't that the show where the creators basically just shat on the mecha genre in the second season

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is Gen Lock what’s in the upper right because that looks like those terrible made by AI animations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxIqCRsxYUA

heres a video on it

tl;dr sex pest guy is really into mecha, makes an extremely mediocre forgettable season 1 that overworks the animators, gets fired for sexpest reasons, gen lock has an actual tv slot and some celebrities in the VA cast so they still go ahead with a S2 but its written by a guy whos never seen a mecha anime in his life and the animation is largely outsourced so it looks like poo poo and barely has any mecha in it and is mostly just bad sex scenes and bizarre cultural commentary that is

Willo567 posted:

wasn't that the show where the creators basically just shat on the mecha genre in the second season
theres a scene where the japanese guy on the team watches a mecha anime from his childhood and its presented as the most sexist and evil thing ever thats draped in imperial japan imagery, even though most of the early mecha anime/manga had female pilots alongside the dudes and/or were made by guys who were pretty critical of imperial japan. there's some early sci-fi anime that you could lobby those accusations at but not really in the mecha subgenre.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was like literally the show turning to you and going 'this show is GOOD, unlike the poo poo those backwards sexist japanese make'

RandomNetGuyV39
Feb 7, 2024

Can’t say I’m surprised that's happening, I mean the writing was on the wall with all the controversies that was being aired out with RT

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It was an unironic "unlike those OTHER Mecha shows, this one is about the characters."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

birds with teeth have been on their way out for a while now really