Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fetterman has mush for brains lol at trying to rationalize his idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Waffle House posted:

Given how hard that hit AOC I'm pretty sure a part of it is getting screwed by how bad things are systemically. We've definitely seen them specifically change, sometimes very fast, from bright-eyed idealism to seemingly browbeaten apparatus members. It sounds like the transition is so embarrassing to know of that it's hard to talk about. I'm going to couple my vague understandings of dark money and corruption, and presume that being an "outsider" or iconoclast can result in bad things happening or lack of campaign funding.

eh maybe she's found out how difficult it is to change the system but i don't think her optimism has waned at all.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I am not better off than four years ago. I am currently dealing with a lot of bad poo poo in my life. But I am also not so selfish to think that my own personal woes are a reflection of others or a representation of the country as a whole.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
(pages late)

:lol::lol::lol: these spiteful cultist assholes - defunding the DOJ, FBI, ATF, and EPA doesn't make their dumb poo poo legal, it just means it wont get enforced. If they want their dumbshit to be legal, THIS rear end CLOWN IS THE LEADER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. THEY COULD MAKE LAWS

Grouchio posted:

I'm surprised to hear that Fetterman of all people has been a dissapointment for the people of Pennsylvania.

Dude served in Americorps, he was hardcore progressive as mayor and Lt. Governor, and he's been a wet fart stuffed in an acre of Carhartt ever since. But he also held up a black jogger with a shotgun for being suspicious, so maybe it was always cosplay :shrug:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
fetterman seems to be going the "democrats don't own me" route kanye took, "i don't OWE you my vote!"

"i'm new here, but i wasn't aware democratic values and priorities are dictated by libsoftiktok"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grouchio posted:

I'm surprised to hear that Fetterman of all people has been a dissapointment for the people of Pennsylvania.

he isnt, his polls are still good, its just he is very very very outspokenly pro israel which is partly because he is from western PA which is heavy jewish areas and also most PA folks dont really care about the Gaza stuff outside vague "that sucks and its sad for everyone" type feelings. the other stuff like immigration and oil stuff he is also popular here for. its just PA. its very blue collar blue.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

John Fetterman must be stopped at all costs

I think this means he will be elected as president in '28

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
"I voted for this person to be part of the government apparatus, and they turned into part of the government apparatus" is not super convincing as a complaint. The people who take a purely adversary approach to the body they were elected into aren't great role-models: Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Tommy Tuberville come to mind.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vampire Panties posted:

(pages late)

:lol::lol::lol: these spiteful cultist assholes - defunding the DOJ, FBI, ATF, and EPA doesn't make their dumb poo poo legal, it just means it wont get enforced. If they want their dumbshit to be legal, THIS rear end CLOWN IS THE LEADER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. THEY COULD MAKE LAWS

Dude served in Americorps, he was hardcore progressive as mayor and Lt. Governor, and he's been a wet fart stuffed in an acre of Carhartt ever since. But he also held up a black jogger with a shotgun for being suspicious, so maybe it was always cosplay :shrug:

Nobody in the Congress remembers how lawmaking works, they can only bicker about the budget and make declarations on which candy is woke this week

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Hollismason posted:

Its because the news media realizes they get better engagement saying stuff like "Trump possibly will win" rather than "Trump has a trashfire of a campaign and Biden is going to win".

Media: Trump has a trashfire of a campaign and Hillary is going to win
Reality: Trump (possibly? will!) win

2024:
Media: Trump (possibly will) win
Reality: Trump has a trashfire of a campaign and Biden is going to win

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1765447186983072182?t=zVBitdLaRdmek17Dgq0-jQ&s=19

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

RVWinkle posted:

I think this means he will be elected as president in '28

Inshallah

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

It's basically a known that when in divided government, the Dems will capitulate on fictitious budget emergencies and the austerity measures will hit science funding very hard. Almost across the board the appropriations top-lines are brutal for research.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

Nobody in the Congress remembers how lawmaking works, they can only bicker about the budget and make declarations on which candy is woke this week

on the one hand thank loving god, on the other jfc what a shitshow when you actually need something done

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

It's not as upsetting with AOC because overall shes still been solid on major issues and is still way left of many democrats. She has her failings but I never expect to agree with any politician 100% of the time.

Fetterman is a bit different though, he straight up came out last December saying "i'm not a progressive, people just assumed i was" despite the fact that you can still search through his twitter and find a million "We're building a progressive movement! Being progressive is one of my core values!" posts. He isn't Sinema levels mask off, but he 100% continually called himself progressive and hyped up folks until he was elected.

the problem is he is Blue collar populist progressive which means he is gonna suck on alot of poo poo but be pretty solid on alot of other AOC however is mostly actually good though and most of the hate i see on here are Dore types who are mad she didnt detroy herself for the cause.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

To me Fetterman committed the most unbearable sin, and it's that he always looks like loving poo poo when he shows up for stuff, I don't care about the 'decorum' of a suit and tie bullshit but goddamn, if you're an elected official acting on behalf of the people at least try to look like you don't smell like farts and loving Mountain Dew, Jesus Christ

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Lifespan posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1765397025967710542

Uh-oh, Trump is going to have to target a different piggy bank

Remind me how paying to fix Flint, Michigan's water supply is going...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Serious_Cyclone posted:

"I voted for this person to be part of the government apparatus, and they turned into part of the government apparatus" is not super convincing as a complaint. The people who take a purely adversary approach to the body they were elected into aren't great role-models: Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Tommy Tuberville come to mind.

this. i dont get why some folks on the left want that. i get being a thorn in the side and pushing dems toward justice/better stuff. but some seem to just want the squad to do nothing but force votes for hosed stuff as a "message' didnt work for the chuds either

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

To me Fetterman committed the most unbearable sin, and it's that he always looks like loving poo poo when he shows up for stuff, I don't care about the 'decorum' of a suit and tie bullshit but goddamn, if you're an elected official acting on behalf of the people at least try to look like you don't smell like farts and loving Mountain Dew, Jesus Christ

hey i resemble that remark

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Oh, so goons don’t deserve a representative in the people’s house?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. i dont get why some folks on the left want that. i get being a thorn in the side and pushing dems toward justice/better stuff. but some seem to just want the squad to do nothing but force votes for hosed stuff as a "message' didnt work for the chuds either
To heighten the contradictions

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Ya ya full-throated support of genocide but did you see he wears Kirkland sweatpants?!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nessus posted:

Oh, so goons don’t deserve a representative in the people’s house?

absolutely not

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Ya ya full-throated support of genocide but did you see he wears Kirkland sweatpants?!

:hmmyes:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Okay yall need to shut the gently caress up and move on to a new topic cause this sucks

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Beefed Owl posted:

I'm not better off financially than I was 4 years ago but mental health-wise I am way way better.

Plus because of Biden I have a handle on my student loans and may have them forgiven.

That's what I meant. I'm a mixed family with a Chinese mother-in-law. Trump's racism is alarming for us.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Toxic Mental posted:

Okay yall need to shut the gently caress up and move on to a new topic cause this sucks

I actually find Kirkland products to be an excellent value.

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
Supreme Court hearings on whether or not Orange Turnip is immune are scheduled for April 25th.

They said "probably the week of the 22nd" earlier so this comes to no surprise, but they're definitely slow-walking this jusssst on the borderline of full delay to try to have plausible deniability

Also the Georgia Senate is doing a hearing on Fani Willis today for the RICO case and it's been exactly what you'd expect from the GOP-led committee. Although, the one democrat in the hearing really used the mere 15 minutes he got to ask Merchant questions to roast her arguments she was raising unchallenged alive, which is nice. Well, it would be nice if it would see media coverage, fully expect FANI WILLIS IN HOT SEAT WITH GEORGIA SENATE headlines shortly.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I actually find Kirkland products to be an excellent value.

so what's up with you BEING ESCULA GRIND'S #1 SIMP

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

I was at the gym yesterday and a dude in military fatigues and a MAGA hat came in and went to a treadmill. He spent four or five minutes standing on the treadmill flexing his arms (which is funny enough already), and then did five minutes of incredibly light cardio at walking speed, got gassed instantly, and stumbled off to check his phone by the weight rack. It was a wonderful Super Tuesday treat and I thought you all might enjoy it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Toxic Mental posted:

so what's up with you BEING ESCULA GRIND'S #1 SIMP

Metal Thread is very passionate about who they hate.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

OK, how about

German man who got COVID vaccines 217 times had 'no noticeable side effects'
https://www.euronews.com/health/2024/03/06/german-man-vaccinated-against-covid-217-times-had-no-side-effects

quote:

Doctors report a man from Germany has been vaccinated 217 against the COVID virus with no negative medical symptoms.

A German man who received 217 vaccine doses against the virus that causes COVID-19 in the last 29 months has reportedly shown no side effects, researchers said.

The 62-year-old from Magdeburg, Germany showed no sign of being infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 as well.

Researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg said the man received the high number of vaccinations "deliberately and for private reasons".

They had contacted the man after hearing about him from a newspaper and asked if they could undertake tests to examine his body's response to the multiple COVID-19 jabs.

They published their findings in the Lancet Infectious Diseases journal this week.

"Our test case was vaccinated with a total of eight different vaccines, including different available mRNA vaccines," Dr Kilian Schober, from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, said in a statement.

“The observation that no noticeable side effects were triggered in spite of this extraordinary hypervaccination indicates that the drugs have a good degree of tolerability," he added.
No signs of compromised immune system

The team found that the man had higher levels of immune cells and antibodies against coronavirus than people in their control group who had received three vaccine doses.

Otherwise, the "hypervaccination" did not lead to the man having a compromised immune system or adverse effects.

A public prosecutor had verified 130 of the vaccinations over nine months as part of an alleged fraud case, but no criminal charges were brought against the man, researchers said.

Another 108 vaccinations were individually recorded with some overlap with those reported by the prosecutor.

The researchers warned that the study only looked at a single case and that they could not generalise conclusions for the public.

"Current research indicates that a three-dose vaccination, coupled with regular top-up vaccines for vulnerable groups, remains the favoured approach. There is no indication that more vaccines are required," said Schober.

"Importantly, we do not endorse hypervaccination as a strategy to enhance adaptive immunity," the authors added in conclusion.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Counted posted:

Supreme Court hearings on whether or not Orange Turnip is immune are scheduled for April 25th.

They said "probably the week of the 22nd" earlier so this comes to no surprise, but they're definitely slow-walking this jusssst on the borderline of full delay to try to have plausible deniability

Also the Georgia Senate is doing a hearing on Fani Willis today for the RICO case and it's been exactly what you'd expect from the GOP-led committee. Although, the one democrat in the hearing really used the mere 15 minutes he got to ask Merchant questions to roast her arguments she was raising unchallenged alive, which is nice. Well, it would be nice if it would see media coverage, fully expect FANI WILLIS IN HOT SEAT WITH GEORGIA SENATE headlines shortly.

So can the GA house decide to kick her out or what.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1765416004023410697

These people are completely detached from reality.

Just in case you forgot how bad 2020 was

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-18/what-a-year-it-was-a-2020-timeline

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The GA house could impeach her and the senate could hold a trial on it. Removal from office requires 2/3rds of senate votes, though, which, if the vote on the creation of the senate committee is any indication, they do not have.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Onkel Hedwig posted:

OK, how about

https://www.euronews.com/health/2024/03/06/german-man-vaccinated-against-covid-217-times-had-no-side-effects
So what’s their account name

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Onkel Hedwig posted:

OK, how about

He's like the chud's version of that one guy who has eaten like 10,000 Big Macs and is totally healthy

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think you mean to ask 'when' they will kick her out

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

WHENEVER I SEE A MAGA CHICK AT THE GYM I GET RIGHT UP IN HER FACE, FLEX MY HUGE MUSCLES AND TELL THEM THAT TRUMP CHUDS CAN'T LIFT STEEL BEAMS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Mr. Nice! posted:

The GA house could impeach her and the senate could hold a trial on it. Removal from office requires 2/3rds of senate votes, though, which, if the vote on the creation of the senate committee is any indication, they do not have.

Is there any bullshit like WI state impeachment where you can’t perform your job between impeachment and the removal vote?