Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The first couple Red vs. Blues were pretty funny and then they went way up their own rear end for ... like 15 more "seasons"

Also I didn't know they were still operating at all

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765422582323367991

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I rewatched the first season of Red vs Blue recently, it holds up surprisingly well, especially for internet humor of that era. But it gets into deep lore shockingly fast.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

The first couple Red vs. Blues were pretty funny and then they went way up their own rear end for ... like 15 more "seasons"

RWBY kept them open for like the last ten years. I only know it from the hbomberguy video from years back, but it looked awful despite some anime fans eating it up.

edit: After reading the article, it turns out it was a WBD company. Add another corpse to the pile.

Lister fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 6, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

RWBY kept them open for like the last ten years. I only know it from the hbomberguy video from years back, but it looked awful despite some anime fans eating it up.

edit: After reading the article, it turns out it was a WBD company. Add another corpse to the pile.

RWBY looks like absolute garbage.

:lol: that they turned out to be a WB Discovery victim. I guess they sold out years ago or something. Good on them.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

So basically Venture Brothers?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

So basically Venture Brothers?

How dare you

But also, yes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The first five seasons of RVB can be watched in like a day and end with a succinct "everyone sucks, and that's funny" takeaway.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

That DICK! posted:

Half the CD thread thinks she’s a class hero, it’s funny

she is

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think you can be mad at anyone for their role in dismantling the endless super hero bullshit, even inadvertently. Hell I mean I hate to say anything nice about jared leto, but that might be the one good thing he ever did

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 6, 2024

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
For her to criticize aspects of the industry she works in while ignoring the parts that benefit her directly is silly and makes her criticisms feel flat. She only is able to do this because she was quite literally born into it. Don't star in the slop, you don't have to!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
After Blazblue Cross Tag Battle came out I said “what’s this rwby thing anyway? I’ll check it out”

I couldn’t make it a minute. How is THIS the thing that made RT all that money and got it into an Arcsys crossover game?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

(to the tune of world 1-2)

double nepobaby

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Whichever Netflix peon accidentally broke the algorithm is going to get fired so hard they leave Earth's orbit when the execs find out a """"Netflix original series"""" was allowed to go for more than one season

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I don’t think that’s an accurate representation of the discussion in that thread. Most of the thread is on her side because she’s funny and hot.

gripweed you said you thoguht it was going to be a good movie and gave guff to those who didnt

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don't think you can be mad at anyone for their role in dismantling the endless super hero bullshit, even inadvertently. Hell I mean I hate to say anything nice about jared leto, but that might be the one good thing he ever did

thats fine i just think its a funny lesson to learn from the granddaughter of the guy who spent 10 years mauling people with lions for a film

also im not 'mad'. i've never been. in fact im insanely calm.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 6, 2024

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765422582323367991

Only thing I know about modern rooster teeth is they did a bunch of bad anime poo poo and had controlling stake in a bunch of youtube gaming channels that were rife with sexual harassment scandals.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lister posted:

That Hbomberguy video was funny because he kept showing scenes and being like “this is so cool! If only the whole show was this cool!” and it’s like, is it really that cool?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I never did watch that hbomberguy video since I don't really give a poo poo about anime, but I guess I'll have to get around to it this weekend now!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

everything interesting about RWBY died with monty oum

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

kalel posted:

His work never really inpressed me tbh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

The keygrip for Norbit?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Please, it's too soon, Driftingmouse is still in mourning...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mega64 posted:

never...watch...hbomberguy...poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Hopefully we'll get a new XJAKK video soon.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

20 years from now or whatever h bomb is going to release his star wars prequels video and it's going to finally finish these ailing forums off. But I'll be free, having ascended beyond posting about the cursed wars

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/moschinodorito/...ingawful.com%2F

some star wars fan posted:

The realization that Star Wars is just a worse version of Dune is actually depressing me. I’ll just be sitting here and then realize “that’s why Luke grew up on a desert planet” or “that’s why the Jedi use blades” or “Darth Maul is just Feyd Rautha” or “the ‘Emperor’ huh?”

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its very enjoyable seeing Dune eclipse Star Wars at the moment, even the fans can't believe it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Looool

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lucas filed off all the cool weirdness of the Dune universe, made the plot fit a Kurasawa movie, and then added a space version of the "Dam Busters" trench run. And that's why he's the GOAT, genius poo poo really.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

Lucas filed off all the cool weirdness of the Dune universe, made the plot fit a Kurasawa movie, and then added a space version of the "Dam Busters" trench run. And that's why he's the GOAT, genius poo poo really.

One worm? One star

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It’s subtle but I think that Twitter guy might be on to something

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The sandworm is a penis allegory.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mega64 posted:

The sandworm is a penis allegory.

I mean, Lucas had (and stole from) the Jodorowsky dune pre vis book so literally yes. It's just a shame Princess Leia wasn't an opera singer who pissed on midgets.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

khwarezm posted:

Its very enjoyable seeing Dune eclipse Star Wars at the moment, even the fans can't believe it.

What I can't believe is Stellan Skarsgård is in both. In this economy this hippie managed to fed 8 children by acting

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

What I can't believe is Stellan Skarsgård is in both. In this economy this hippie managed to fed 8 children by acting

That Vanity Fair video of him talking about his filmography is fun. Guy enjoys his work and knows when to give a poo poo and when to sit in a car listening to Kat Dennings and Natalie Portman gossip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5nLONCv6Kg

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I believe the skarsgards are the inheritors of dark, unspeakable, scandinavian magic

change my mind

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I believe the skarsgards are the inheritors of dark, unspeakable, scandinavian magic

change my mind

we don't talk about real Thor (Tor) with outsiders

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im almost done with easy riders, raging bulls and i now have contempt for a bunch of directors i like

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sunk Dunk posted:

im almost done with easy riders, raging bulls and i now have contempt for a bunch of directors i like

This is the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

Forgot about the never meet your idols rule huh