Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Pluggers

Hey, Pluggers aren't the only ones forced to deal with American healthcare :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, July 3-13, 1984

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Comic Strips 2024: I'm recasting you as "bait"

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(3/9/1994)

(3/10/1994)

Ziggy

(9/28/1971)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 13, 1936)

Peanuts (March 9, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner goes behind the curtain of shame for the next few days due to Fu Manchu-adjacent shenanigans. (January 9-11, 1936)

Thimble Theater (October 9, 1940)

Out Our Way (March 2-4, 1944)

Something OOW adjacent, but not entirely relevant: Our current paper for boyzendorgs in the recent stretch is the Creston (Iowa) News-Advertiser, an eight page paper serving what at the time was an 8,000-ish community centered around agriculture and rail freight. Combine that with the war, and the front page priorities are...interesting. At least compared to ours.

Four paragraphs in one front page column. So what takes up the rest of the column?

And from here it goes into all the details about ration points adjustment, which continues on to page 5. Obviously they knew who they were publishing for.

The microfilm this paper is stored on is shockingly clean, with no scratches very little film damage on average. That's good for what we're doing, but also tells its own story about how many people have revisited Creston history over the past century.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The enshittification of American medical paperwork recording and processing is a legitimate problem due to how it pushes clumsy tech-forward interfaces especially with how hellish insurance is to begin with. Shut the gently caress up Tom Batiuk. These are things that coexist and do not contradict.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Ugh, the art is so bad that it completely detracts from whatever the cartoonist is trying to say.

I'm inclined to agree. And I like Øyvind Thorsby's stuff.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Rose is Rose

Ah yes, that beloved Rose is Rose character, "The Drain Monster"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ah, c'mon: it's cute! Where's your sense of whimsy?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It seems the new ComicsKingdom page format isn't 100% consistent, and the image link that my script digs out of the page usually works, but it sometimes leads to a 404. Guess I'm going to be modifying it again to dig out a different link. But some of those arrive as a .webp, which would have to be converted before going up to Imgur. Yay. :rant:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm really hoping Flash assembles an extended gang for the coming conflict/return of Ming because Flash, Dale, Professor, Bones, Bok, Azura is so far building up into a hell of an RPG party. :allears:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits
. I think I posted today's yesterday, so here's today's

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Consistently impressed at the pace of this comic. We're not wasting any time!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Vargo posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

i know hes not but i like thinking that this kid is petey otterloop

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

let's mutilate our son, for the lols

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Samovar fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 6, 2024

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

And that's it for this issue of Popcom!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (March 2-4, 1944)

"The term “skinner” was common slang during the time for someone who could “skin,” or outsmart, the mules into behaving in the way that was needed."

huh. ok.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

John Allison posted:

When I originally published this book, the Oldbourne story wasn't in it. As you can see, it's drawn differently to most of the other stories. I kept the traditionally drawn story that followed it, because it looked a bit tidier, but this one was drawn with some pretty crude instruments and, in many places, looked like it. I didn't leave it out because I'd drawn parts of it with a felt tip pen, or because it was "a bit of a mess" story-wise, or even because it was my first attempt in a few years to get back to a more organic art style and, as a result, rough around the edges visually.

Oh all right, those are the reasons I left it out. But time heals all wounds. Imperfections viewed from a distance seem much smaller. When you've made 100 mistakes, each one seems huge. By the time you've made 10000 mistakes, what's another one? Ha ha!

So what you are about to read is one of the weirdest stories I ever wrote, in the midst of a lot of other weird stories because The Retribution Index is a weird book. Looking at it now, I can see that if I just re-wrote it almost completely, and redrew it, it would be probably the greatest comic story that I, or anybody else, has ever made.

On re-reading, I appear to be writing about some important issue or other, but I really can't tell what it is. Gentrification? Post-collegiate ennui? Perhaps you can tell me. I also find some of the outfits I drew in this story quite alarming. I have no idea about Shelley's hip-high disco flares or Amy's bizarre knitted purple thigh high socks. They make me feel quite seasick. I just drew them again and the logic did not become apparent.

Scary Go Round (August 28-31, 2005)

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Tiggum posted:

Did you mean to post in this thread?

Yes, sorry.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
oh yeah seeing SGR reminds me that I fell down on Bad Machinery stand-in duty today.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 7, 1910)

Baron Bean(March 8, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(February 5, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(October 29, 1919)

Us Boys(March 6, 1912)

The Gumps(April 4, 1917)

Krazy Kat(December 31, 1913)

And that's it for Krazy Kat dailies. If I ever come across a better, more consistent source, I might revisit it, but the vertical format is a bit of a pain in the rear end and it stick around for a while.
I'm still waiting for a book to arrive, but will be replacing Krazy Kat with another one of the longest continuously published newspaper strips.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

quote:

We Are Reproducing

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Stakes? What Stakes.

take your laugh from me and get the gently caress out of my office

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/30 - 7/2/52

Archie 10/6-8/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/21-23/77

Wait, how does the hospital know to call Boom-Boom to reach Winthrop?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (April 27-29, 1925)

Out Our Way: The School Ma'am Saga (April 28, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (July 10-12, 1922)

Dok's Dippy Duck (February 16, 1915)

Little Lefty (November 28-29, 1939; no strip for the 27th)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Wait, how does the hospital know to call Boom-Boom to reach Winthrop?
He's a CPA.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

This is one hell of a victory lap.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

oh my god

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's some cherry trees blossoming in my neighborhood already and peak bloom is expected in the next couple weeks. Thanks climate change!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

are you kidding me? This is our dramatic development? If the two old people want to buy a new chair????

oh, Rex Morgan. Never stop not-delivering. :allears:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Jesus chriiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIST

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

LvK posted:

are you kidding me? This is our dramatic development? If the two old people want to buy a new chair????

oh, Rex Morgan. Never stop not-delivering. :allears:

Rex is one of the few strips that accept the true average age of the people who still read newspaper comics.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The victory lap is still happening!! LMAO

Luann

Gil THorp

Home Free

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just realized that due to OneDrive being an obnoxious, intrusive piece of software, I uploaded the wrong Popcom pages today. Here are the correct ones.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darthemed posted:

Just realized that due to OneDrive being an obnoxious, intrusive piece of software, I uploaded the wrong Popcom pages today. Here are the correct ones.
I thought those looked familiar.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Darthemed posted:

Dr. Hormone is loving bonkers

Dictator is a jackass
Horse-dude is a taxi, wants to join Teamsters
Granddaughter's rolling with the insanity tries to hire budgie-boy to sing requests

I think I could use a :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Hold up. Did our temp artist forget the drat sunglasses?