Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm a straight up pastepilled mealcel, the vibes are deadass nutrientcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Does anyone else like to have a complete mental breakdown after sleeping in a room that's too hot? I want to punch a geothermal reactor until it explodes but I'm not sure if that's a good outlet for my anger.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pft, when my room gets too hot I go into a pyro mental break and set the room on fire to speed things along.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I punch a stack of chemfuel to really heat things up

Or I start screaming about how much I hate grains right before setting off an antigrain warhead

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Punching mortar shells is way easier, they're just sitting there on a shelf in the stockpile, you barely even need to walk.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Someone needs to make a Helldivers mod so I can play it with the insectoids expanded mod

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Recon Armor + capes + chain shotguns/assault rifles + orbital bombardment beacons is already basically the Helldivers aesthetic.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kanos posted:

Recon Armor + capes + chain shotguns/assault rifles + orbital bombardment beacons is already basically the Helldivers aesthetic.

But where is the liberty and democracy?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In the Ideology expansion and mods.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

You can't cape with recon armor though :negative:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HelloSailorSign posted:

Why do they hate liberty?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

HelloSailorSign posted:

Maybe trooper armour from VE actually does have a use...

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
I had to eat some kind of meat paste from the dispenser again today. I tastes a bit like pork, but we never have any pigs in the pens outside.

Come to think about it, I haven't had to dig any graves in months despite all the raiders that keep attacking us each week...

I'm going to go punch a lamp later.

Duct Tape Engineer fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 8, 2024

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Danaru posted:

Maybe trooper armour from VE actually does have a use...

It's been a while, but iirc trooper armor is more protective than recon armor and has a move speed bonus. I usually use trooper armor and siegebreaker helms on all my fighters.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Xenix posted:

It's been a while, but iirc trooper armor is more protective than recon armor and has a move speed bonus. I usually use trooper armor and siegebreaker helms on all my fighters.

:lol: What is Oskar even thinking? Yes, this armor should have more protection than the fastest armor but also make you even faster, and still let you wear outer layers for even more protection. This is fair and balanced.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah I'm pretty sure it's weaker than Recon armor. Just... not by much, and obviously once you start throwing thrumbofur dusters or whatever on top it gets ludicrous yes.

"Balance things in a vacuum" tends to be the VE motto in any case. :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:xcom:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

“Festival Of Dominance” sounds like a right-wing griftomat with guest speakers Jordan Peterson and Andrew Tate, so the game is just being accurate.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The Alphacon smelled crazy in there!

All participants gained -6 mood

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Tbh I wish the bugs shot back at me, insectoids expanded isnt dangerous enough

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Go and install the Army of Fetid Corpses mod then. :getin:

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

HelloSailorSign posted:

the cape is just a fancier duster, they occupy all the same slots and their stats are identical

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Go and install the Army of Fetid Corpses mod then. :getin:

What's this one? Not heard of it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Velvet Witch posted:

Tbh I wish the bugs shot back at me, insectoids expanded isnt dangerous enough

The Black Hive from Alpha Animals has bugs that will shoot back at you, they're an interesting variation from classic insectoids. I don't know if they can tunnel into your base, I've only ever seen them arrive from the edge of the map

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

QuarkJets posted:

The Black Hive from Alpha Animals has bugs that will shoot back at you, they're an interesting variation from classic insectoids. I don't know if they can tunnel into your base, I've only ever seen them arrive from the edge of the map

They only come in from the edge

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Well they're cool as hell imo

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Oh I totally agree. Honestly I wish more mods did poo poo/added more buggos, or things to do with em
I think there was a mod a while ago which let you turn insect meat and something else into a drug which was neat.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Does any faction or trader buy persona weapons? Or warcasket weapons? I have all DLCs and many mods.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
OH gently caress OH poo poo :supaburn:

https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/1767219961326375166

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
RIBMORLF

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Given the tentacle thing and the alchemy vials, is it occult/eldritch stuff?

RIBEORLD
RIBOORLD

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

finally.. cheese...

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
I'm playing my bet on Wizards DLC

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
obviously a fishing DLC

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Dickhead. Just as a stop playing Rimworld and start playing Stellaris..

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Going to go with archaeology, would fit the setting

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

My bet is on an archaeology expansion to uncover secrets of the past, possibly based on new world map events, leading to the acquisition of items that allow rare but powerful things to be made and/or grown.

The baby was on the back last time, maybe you find a fertilized embryo in one of those ruins and decide to stick it in a growth vat and... it's very tentacley.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yellow science cubes from dyson sphere program, obvs.

Books could be libraries/knowledge maintenence mechanics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Oh good I needed a forced mod reset. And the great thing is if this is true to previous form, it's probably coming out within a month.