Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Also election fraud. Not a good look, Clark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
I have to keep reminding myself that there was a time when comics were aimed primarily at kids.

Really dumb kids, I guess, but still.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It can definitely lead to some weird stories. Like Jimmy Olsen who is 21 years old and has his own apartment getting obsessed with playing professional marbles.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Superboy stories are the harrowing tales of one teen using his incredible power to torment a whole town

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

muscles like this! posted:

It can definitely lead to some weird stories. Like Jimmy Olsen who is 21 years old and has his own apartment getting obsessed with playing professional marbles.

Pfft. When I was 21 years old, I was obsessed with playing Counter-Strike like a proper adult.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

thetoughestbean posted:

Superboy stories are the harrowing tales of one teen using his incredible power to torment a whole town

It's a good life.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #148 (1974)

The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #50 (1975)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Fantastic Four #148 (1974)

"Still, it's better than the offices we had next to Dr Banner's lab."

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Forgotten Realms 21 (May 1991) got a chuckle on the labels of those jars.

Close-up of the recipe:

From the Comic Strips thread, The Virtue of Vera Valiant for March 15, 1977 (written and drawn by Stan Lee!)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The_Other posted:

Forgotten Realms 21 (May 1991) got a chuckle on the labels of those jars.

Close-up of the recipe:

From the Comic Strips thread, The Virtue of Vera Valiant for March 15, 1977 (written and drawn by Stan Lee!)

There's no loving way that was actually drawn by Stan Lee?

e: It's Frank Springer.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Have we actually ever seen anything drawn by Stan Lee?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Kurui Reiten posted:

Have we actually ever seen anything drawn by Stan Lee?

He added a little bit of chest hair to the McFarlane/Liefeld character design collaboration that became Over(t)kill.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It was his brother that was the artist.

e: Whoa Larry's still alive :eyepop:

ee: Oh he's the younger brother. Only 92 now :newlol:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

All-Flash Comics #14 (1944)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

All-Flash sounds like it would have been sold from the very top of the magazine shelves.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Doiby seems like a good dude going by that and the current Alan Scott mini.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Did all Golden Age heroes have a hosed-up little guy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sometimes it was a hosed up lil gal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thermae Romae Redux - Chapter 3

Basically Roman Bathhouse Architect keeps falling into hot springs in ancient Rome, and ends up in modern Japanese hot springs.
Constantly gets inspired for new ideas to bring back to ancient Rome.

The original series had multiple anime adaptions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfwCaZsZp5Q

And a film!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmFSflNiQU

New series is up for free on Manga Plus
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100294

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Superman #666 (2007)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Super spitting is awesome. I posted an instance of Savage Dragon (senior) doing that in the badass panels thread too. It's just classic stuff.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The dark follow up to Superman's "betcha I can catch a bullet with my teeth" trick

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #9 (2001)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Heavy Metal posted:

Super spitting is awesome. I posted an instance of Savage Dragon (senior) doing that in the badass panels thread too. It's just classic stuff.

Gladiator does that to a brood in Jason Aaron’s Avengers.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Doctor Strange 13. Apparently one of the games people were freaking out over during the Satanic Panic was real, and Dr Strange needs to assemble an adventuring party to enter the game and deal with it. He is the magic-user, Dr Badr from Moon Knight is the priest, Taskmaster is the fighter, and Black Cat is the thief, a decision which Clea takes issue with.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I could never imagine Black Cat saying yo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

Doctor Strange 13. Apparently one of the games people were freaking out over during the Satanic Panic was real, and Dr Strange needs to assemble an adventuring party to enter the game and deal with it. He is the magic-user, Dr Badr from Moon Knight is the priest, Taskmaster is the fighter, and Black Cat is the thief, a decision which Clea takes issue with.

Strong words coming from a woman who hosed Ben Franklin.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #39 (1946)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
From Thanos #4.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm curious now about how Strange recruit them. Did he say upfront what was going on, or did they just respond to an ad for what they thought were a normal D&D game?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Slashrat posted:

I'm curious now about how Strange recruit them. Did he say upfront what was going on, or did they just respond to an ad for what they thought were a normal D&D game?

They knew that they'd be facing some magical nonsense, but apparently not super specific. Black Cat burgled the Sanctum two times and also doesn't want Strange to tell Spidey about some things, Taskmaster was in prison, likes money and is hoping Strange will let him go free afterwards, Hunter's Moon is repaying a debt Moon Knight owed Strange.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Suleman posted:

They knew that they'd be facing some magical nonsense, but apparently not super specific. Black Cat burgled the Sanctum two times and also doesn't want Strange to tell Spidey about some things, Taskmaster was in prison, likes money and is hoping Strange will let him go free afterwards, Hunter's Moon is repaying a debt Moon Knight owed Strange.

They are also all characters Jed McKay has written before and created in the case of Hunter's Moon. don't think too much about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

From Thanos #4.

Not a good idea to argue with The Hulk. You don't want him tossing The Salad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You'd rather Hulk smash?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair, Ben Franklin probably hosed anything that stood still long enough. He was very discreet about it, though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Could someone point me to a spoof strip about Bruce Wayne sitting by his window trying to figure out his gimmick, but instead of a bat a woman crashes into his room so he becomes Woman-Man?

The search terms I have tried aren't bringing up anything helpful.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ImpAtom posted:

oh like any of us wouldn't

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Grendels Dad posted:

Could someone point me to a spoof strip about Bruce Wayne sitting by his window trying to figure out his gimmick, but instead of a bat a woman crashes into his room so he becomes Woman-Man?

The search terms I have tried aren't bringing up anything helpful.

Here's an earlier appearance of the page, but if you read lower, you'll find site pointing out some… sensitive and unfortunate implications it might carry.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 7, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cassius Belli posted:

Here's an earlier appearance of the page, but if you read lower, you'll find site pointing out some… sensitive and unfortunate implications it might carry.

My favorite version of that gag is it being a baseball bat that goes through the window, so he's still Batman but he's dressed like a baseball player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
For posterity: