Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He made a video of himself eating spaghetti which really is a hallmark of celebrities finally learning their place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
The Fresh Hand Prints

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Did smacking Chris Rock hurt Will Smith's career at all even? I don't recall people being against Will Smith, more like that Chris Rock shouldn't have been talking poo poo about Jada's medical issues.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's pretty much a barometer of how :decorum: poisoned you are.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
will smith: not the worst oscar winner

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Did smacking Chris Rock hurt Will Smith's career at all even? I don't recall people being against Will Smith, more like that Chris Rock shouldn't have been talking poo poo about Jada's medical issues.

I'm quite willing to be corrected, but as far as I was aware it was just the latest in a gigantic list of pathetic ignominy, including (but not limited to) his wife telling him she cucked him on live tv.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

the FCC lets you air that on live TV?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He hasn't had a hit in forever, Suicide Squad got slammed, they couldn't get Michael Bay for Bad Boys III, his wife fucks his son's friends and tells people, and he came off like a massive over-sensitive caveman for slapping Chris Rock.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Both of them are loving nuts. Jada is a rather cruel woman and loving hates Will with every fiber of her being and Will is like a cult member and just takes it and begs for more. No wonder their kids are a bit loopy.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Tbf, the problem with Suicide Squad wasn't Will Smith. It was just a dogshit movie.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Tarkus posted:

Jada is a rather cruel woman and loving hates Will with every fiber of her being

Where does this claim/belief/assessment come from?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Apparently she'd come onto the set of MIB3 day drunk and heckle Will during takes. Crazy poo poo like that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Thing is of all that Chris Rock was mocking her for her hair, which iirc had fallen out because of chemotherapy or something similar, which is kinda the situation where you're an rear end in a top hat if you DON'T slap the comedian across the kisser

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Cornwind Evil posted:

Where does this claim/belief/assessment come from?

Watching her show, the way she talks to him and about him she's clearly dripping with either hatred or regret. That's the impression I get. I mean she's even getting a bit delusional about her relationship with Tupac saying it was her that he proposed to when he was in jail. Other accounts state otherwise. I'm just on mobile right now otherwise I'd post some videos.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is of all that Chris Rock was mocking her for her hair, which iirc had fallen out because of chemotherapy or something similar, which is kinda the situation where you're an rear end in a top hat if you DON'T slap the comedian across the kisser

No, it was alopecia. Which I guess you shouldn't make fun of either but she's got a full head of hair aside from a small spot, she just shaved her head at the time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Apparently she'd come onto the set of MIB3 day drunk and heckle Will during takes. Crazy poo poo like that.

He got $100 million to be in that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Man I loved Fresh Prince, MiB and Bad Boys (2). What a fall from grace.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Tarkus posted:

Watching her show, the way she talks to him and about him she's clearly dripping with either hatred or regret. That's the impression I get. I mean she's even getting a bit delusional about her relationship with Tupac saying it was her that he proposed to when he was in jail. Other accounts state otherwise. I'm just on mobile right now otherwise I'd post some videos.

You know, there's a simple solution to this.

Get a divorce. If you're not happy in a relationship any more, admit it has ended and move on. What's that? You don't want to do that for XYZ reasons, probably financial and ego related? Then you're just basically inviting more pain and suffering. The power is always in your hands to change things.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

So many warning signs like Gemini Man where he’s costarring with a CGI younger version of himself, or After Earth where he tried to claim of all the available actors his son was the best qualified.

Would have been fascinating to see live reaction of Apple executives watching the Slap, when they had poured a ton into Emancipation & were expecting the narrative to be a best actor win and maybe Oscars for Apple TV, but felt like the release got quietly handled.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 8, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like lol given the bar for celebrity insanity these days slapping Chris Rock barely even wobbles the bar

If anything it's some refreshing actual passion from a dude who seems to be terminally milquetoast and keeps overthinking his career to the point where everything he's in is garbage because he won't take any risks

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't know, that Orc Cop movie he was in seemed like a pretty big risk

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tarkus posted:

No, it was alopecia. Which I guess you shouldn't make fun of either but she's got a full head of hair aside from a small spot, she just shaved her head at the time.

It’s also incredibly :yikes: that she was heckled for her hair, from Chris Rock, director of documentary “Good Hair”, a documentary about the poo poo black people, especially black women, get for their hair.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Extra Large Marge posted:

I don't know, that Orc Cop movie he was in seemed like a pretty big risk

lol oh yeah forgot about that one, dunno why they didn’t cut Shadowrun a check & tell the same story in an established universe. Would have been fun to see tv in background with dragon president addressing the nation or how Native American states are superpowers.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

teen witch posted:

It’s also incredibly :yikes: that she was heckled for her hair, from Chris Rock, director of documentary “Good Hair”, a documentary about the poo poo black people, especially black women, get for their hair.

True, I forgot about that. Yeah I guess that was pretty lovely then. Though I still think will and Jada are weird.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The 1988 Presidential race had two:

- Gary Hart and the Monkey Business (with possible ratfucking involved)
- Michael Dukakis in the tank

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tarkus posted:

True, I forgot about that. Yeah I guess that was pretty lovely then. Though I still think will and Jada are weird.

Even more reason not to heckle them! You never know what weirdos are gonna do!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cornwind Evil posted:

You know, there's a simple solution to this.
During all that crazy, at some point, Jada went out and said "oh yeah me and will are basically estranged and don't even sleep in the same house anymore so everyone is making this into a big deal"

Which, really, just made everyone go "wait what the gently caress"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

like lol even if their relationship is a mess Will recognised that was some awful poo poo to be saying let alone calling someone out in front of an audience

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Alopecia not cancer (not that making fun of someone for Alopecia is any nicer)

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I'm definitely on Chris Rock's side there, he said she could star in GI Jane because she was looking kinda tough and military. It's not like he said "hey Jada, Automatic For The People was your best album" or anything like that

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Chrpno posted:

I'm definitely on Chris Rock's side there, he said she could star in GI Jane because she was looking kinda tough and military. It's not like he said "hey Jada, Automatic For The People was your best album" or anything like that

I swivel on it - I don't think it was a "let's all laugh at the bald woman" moment, and I think he would have made the same joke if her hair was cut short for fashion reasons or a role or something, but a bit of reflection on it might have made him think to maybe leave that one on the discard pile given her reasons for styling her hair that way.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I will say though, Will was out of line slapping the guy. It wasn't heinous enough to call for that.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yea if the comedian makes a bad joke they can be up there on stage looking bad and then get flack for it afterwards. Or hell even if Will went up and told him 'hey that was out of line please apologize' that would still have been pretty weird. The Slap made me feel he's very insecure.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The really dumb thing about the slap was that Smith was going to be on stage with the microphone in his hand in like, 20 minutes and could have addressed it then. Or if he lost then someone would have put a microphone in his face at some point in the night regardless. He overreacted because at, first he laughed at the joke then tried to get his reverse course back.

Anyway here's a streamer being a moron with a gun on stream (no death or injuries except his tub of gamer fuel) and instantly ending his twitch career https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXLD620Au0

massive spider fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 8, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

He just reminds me of a dude I know in a really lovely relationship with a wife who clearly doesn't love him, who overcompensates by being really defensive about his wife. Can't say a bad thing about her. It probably settles his heart to think, "well at least no one can say I didn't try my hardest." Will Smith should just get a divorce

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This problem would be solved by still having a big shepherd's hook for pulling people off the stage.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kit Walker posted:

He just reminds me of a dude I know in a really lovely relationship with a wife who clearly doesn't love him, who overcompensates by being really defensive about his wife. Can't say a bad thing about her. It probably settles his heart to think, "well at least no one can say I didn't try my hardest." Will Smith should just get a divorce

Yeah but you gotta understand the hold Jada has on him. This has been going on for decades. There are stories from the start of the marriage where she'd show up to the set of The Legend of Bagger Vance to throw golf balls at him if did what she'd call a "plan b take".

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah but you gotta understand the hold Jada has on him. This has been going on for decades. There are stories from the start of the marriage where she'd show up to the set of The Legend of Bagger Vance to throw golf balls at him if did what she'd call a "plan b take".

wtf

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Kit Walker posted:

It's this, she's been nutty as a fruit cake since day one, and he's invested too much ego into it to just up and leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Chrpno posted:

Jada, how can you sleep when your bed is burning?