Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

If you're the captain of a national sports team, and an extremely popular role model who is almost single-handedly responsible for getting an entire generation of girls into soccer, and a big chunk of the good-will of a nation is resting on your shoulders, please try not to call foreign police stupid bastards, and please try to avoid doing things that can be described as being based on race.

I mean we don't know exactly what went down, but if an Australian is throwing up in the back of a cab in London they're not generally the heroes of the story.

Facing criminal charges for it is of course loving ridiculous.

Bucky asking the hard questions, like won’t someone please think about the white person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

ITT we side with rich and famous athletes over service workers

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Sports brat or cop, Australia must choose.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

On reflection, the Vape Ban does actually seem overly heavy-handed, and at least somewhat detached from reality.

We can ban the sale of those disposable ones the kids love, but to ban importing the juice bottles that grown-ups use in their reusable machines, instead of smoking cigarettes, is pretty poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Did they ban dry herb vaporisers for the consumption of vaporised dry herbs?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

JBP posted:

Yes

e -

And guess who now has a monopoly on the industry? Phillip Morris. They're the only ones who can sell the devices, and they're the only ones who can supply the pharmacies with the liquids.

\/\/ Oh ok beg pardon, it's hard to keep up

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 7, 2024

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

JBP posted:

No but there are new regs if you want to import (it has to be for medicinal cannabis and only businesses are eligible for import licences).

KingEup fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 7, 2024

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Cartoon posted:

Violent protests are the bane of leftist groups.

Counterpoint, when that kid murdered Shinzo Abe wirh his garage project gun the Japanese legislature was like "he kinda has a point" and drafted and passed laws against orgs like the Moonies' corruptive political influence

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

KingEup posted:

No but there are new regs if you want to import (it has to be for medicinal cannabis and only businesses are eligible for import licences).

This is the last loving straw

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Got Covid, it sucks rear end

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The cop defender has logged on

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Anidav posted:

loving late adopter smdh

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Huh, Bucky can post worse than bike paths.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I feel like poo poo, I wouldnt wish this on anyone.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

why are you like this

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Peccadillo posted:

Counterpoint, when that kid murdered Shinzo Abe wirh his garage project gun the Japanese legislature was like "he kinda has a point" and drafted and passed laws against orgs like the Moonies' corruptive political influence

We should assassinate politicians? Is that what you are saying forums user The Peccadillo?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Anidav posted:

Having COVID is very 2021/22 of you, try living with popcorn lung or whatever brain damage Bucky has.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Stay safe anime david

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Recoome posted:

The cop defender has logged on

I think he means the service worker driving the Uber/taxi that she ralphed in, not the cop.

JBP posted:

all the good aussie vape vendors are totally silent on the subject (no emails or blog posts warning of incoming bans) so I wouldnt worry about it.

importing your own from OS would probably get thru without hassle. Small fish etc. Most of the good products are sold locally with local warranty etc through said vendors.

god drat I want a loving e-nano though ffs why do they use bullshit 120v lamp dimmer cords.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Then quit being an IK, it's easy

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Anyway I think we should probably apologise to King Eup cos it seems like they were actually on the right side of the issue

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anyway I think we should probably apologise to King Eup cos it seems like they were actually on the right side of the issue

i will never apologise

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Anidav posted:

this is what you get for fishing for birthday wishes last week

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

GoldStandardConure posted:

i will never apologise

I too refuse to take a black armband view of posting

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

I agree, extinction rebellion should draw on the many examples throughout history of successful protests that didn’t inconvenience anyone.

This was not the contention. The contention was that being stuck in traffic for two hours could "educate" people.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

let a million girls' idol get dragged through the headlines for a few cycles
You’re giving me loving whiplash, Bucky. I would have thought you’d sell your own grandmother for a few cycles.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Non Compos Mentis posted:

wriggles thinks reverse racism is real

The Oxford English Dictionary does not limit the definition of racism as applying only to white against others.

quote:

racism noun

/ˈreɪsɪzəm/
/ˈreɪsɪzəm/
[uncountable]
​ the unfair treatment of people who belong to a different race; violent behaviour towards them

If a black person behaves violently or aggressively towards a white person solely because that person is white, that is racism, regardless of your belief or opinion.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

If you're the captain of a national sports team, and an extremely popular role model who is almost single-handedly responsible for getting an entire generation of girls into soccer, and a big chunk of the good-will of a nation is resting on your shoulders, please try not to call foreign police stupid bastards, and please try to avoid doing things that can be described as being based on race.

I mean we don't know exactly what went down, but if an Australian is throwing up in the back of a cab in London they're not generally the heroes of the story.

Facing criminal charges for it is of course loving ridiculous.

Her behaviour is actually more likely to have me promote the sport to my daughter and hold her up as a role model, to be utterly frank. Sam Kerr is an Australia hero, she's an icon, and she's truly encompassing traditional Aussie values by telling British cops to get hosed.

Don't play the white card guys, it never ends well.
<<< Case in point

How's the heart Anidav? Long covid was worse then covid for me.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GrandTheftAutism posted:

The Oxford English Dictionary does not limit the definition of racism as applying only to white against others.

If a black person behaves violently or aggressively towards a white person solely because that person is white, that is racism, regardless of your belief or opinion.

Ah, I guess she must have called the cop the w-word purely because they were white with no other factors involved.

When someone says to me "Go gently caress yourself you white oval office" they're not saying that because I'm white, they're saying that because I'm being a oval office.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
snowflake cop melts down

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

hooman posted:

Ah, I guess she must have called the cop the w-word purely because they were white with no other factors involved.

When someone says to me "Go gently caress yourself you white oval office" they're not saying that because I'm white, they're saying that because I'm being a oval office.

Good luck to the cop getting up and arguing not ACAB in this day and age.

Wikipedia posted:

The phrase "All Coppers Are Bastards" first appeared in England in the 1920s, then was abbreviated to "ACAB" by workers on strike in the 1940s.

:hmmyes:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Extremely bold of you to assume it's unfair to be mean to white people tbh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It’s extremely cool that we’ve got multiple hansonista posters in this thread

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Hell loving no, vapes can go to straight to hell alongside Big Tobacco and their proven attempts to get kids hooked on them. Go design a biikepath over Glaesville through Putney or something more worth the time

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

GrandTheftAutism posted:

the oxford english dictionary can get hosed imo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sportspeople do abominable poo poo all the time, much of the time it barely effects their careers.
Even if you think that what Sam Kerr supposedly did was wrong (it wasn't), it's so far down on the list.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Big loving shocker that the poster who voted against First Nations constitutional recognition busts out the dictionary to define racism

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

I too refuse to take a black armband view of posting

i don't even wear arm bands!!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hell loving no, vapes can go to straight to hell alongside Big Tobacco and their proven attempts to get kids hooked on them.

Define vape

quote:

Go design a biikepath over Glaesville through Putney or something more worth the time

I literally already did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Saying you can't be racist against white people is racist in itself.

Of course it's hard to actually care about racism to white people, but it's not a complicated issue. If someone posts a meme that "all white women gently caress dogs" they are being extremely unambiguously racist.